Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Storm for March 15-16? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5723)

Blue Thunder 03-11-2008 06:30 AM

Storm for March 15-16?

The GFS still has the storm for this weekend but it is an outlier at this time.
Opinions, please!

Blue Thunder

chipj29 03-11-2008 06:40 AM

Check back in a couple days. If within 4 days the Euro has picked it back up, then it is a lock.

moose tracks 03-12-2008 05:34 PM

I would like to spend the weekend at the camp. The weather looks like it it might go either way. What do you guys & gals think? Thanks in advance.

chipj29 03-13-2008 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moose tracks (Post 65121)
I would like to spend the weekend at the camp. The weather looks like it it might go either way. What do you guys & gals think? Thanks in advance.

Depends on what kind of weather you are willing to put up with in getting there, and while you are there.

Rose 03-13-2008 08:05 AM

Is the trend your friend?

Yesterday's 12Z run of the GFS had it agreeing with most other models and took the storm just to our south so that only the south coast of New England and the islands might see a bit of precip from the fringe of the storm. But the 00Z run brought it a little further north, and the 06Z brought it even further north than that. So the trend of the GFS is toward a stormier solution, although less so for northern New England.

The 00Z and 06Z WRF have the majority of New England seeing a decent storm. The European and Canadian models have it well to our south, but yesterday's 12Z run of the Canadian had it hitting us. So, as you can see, the models are still all over the place on this one.

Grant 03-13-2008 02:58 PM

It's times like these that call for Mark Twain's observations on New England weather (all excerpted from an 1876 speech)...

I reverently believe that the Maker who made us all, makes everything in New England - but the weather. I don't know who makes that, but I think it must be raw apprentices in the Weather Clerk's factory, who experiment and learn how in New England, for board and clothes, and then are promoted to make weather for countries that require a good article, and will take their custom elsewhere if they don't get it.

There is a sumptuous variety about the New England weather that compels the stranger's admiration - and regret. The weather is always doing something there; always attending strictly to business; always getting up new designs and trying them on the people to see how they will go. But it gets through more business in spring than in any other season. In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours.

Yes, one of the brightest gems in the New England weather is the dazzling uncertainty of it. There is only one thing certain about it, you are certain there is going to be plenty of weather.

CanisLupusArctos 03-14-2008 03:07 PM

The storm in this thread's spotlight appears to be setting its sights on an out-to-sea track but we may get quite windy from it, on Sunday and into Monday.

A smaller storm is expected to give us 3-6 inches tonight. I started a new thread for that one.