Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sbonh (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19826)

noreast 09-11-2015 05:05 PM

Sbonh

Is there a phone # for SBONH that anyone knows of? I've tried to register for months but I can't get a code on the verify section Its always blank, and in order to contact them you still need to get past the verify process. thanks for any assistance.

Rusty 09-12-2015 12:15 PM

Not too many people will admit they know much about them. But good luck anyway.

BroadHopper 09-13-2015 09:08 AM

SBONH is alive and well!

SBONH members are very busy enjoying the best boating yet! And this period after Labor Day and the beautiful weather is no exception!

While the SBONH web site appears dormant the SBONH site on social media Facebook is alive and kicking! Please join us on the Facebook site!

VitaBene 09-14-2015 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 251505)

The phantom speaks:)

tis 09-14-2015 06:19 AM

An igotcha' Vita! :laugh::laugh:

Webbsatwinni 09-14-2015 06:28 AM

There is a new FB page that the group uses to stay in touch and share information. Search "Safe Boaters of New Hampshire" and you should be able to see the active group.

LIforrelaxin 09-14-2015 09:07 AM

Noreast,

Thanks you for the interest in the group. As others have said please find us on facebook..... I am not sure what maybe going on with the website, and write now don't have the ability to look into what may be going on their, as I am dealing with some medical issue in my family.

If you have any questions about the group, please feel free to comment on the facebook page, or send me a PM here.

We are currently working to gain a following and build awareness again.

rowinghelmet 09-14-2015 09:45 AM

Here's the group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/362425601153/

LIforrelaxin 09-14-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 251505)

That is your opinion Rusty...

SBONH, is not popular with those that were for the Speed Limit.... I will agree with that... However why would you not want to be part of a group that has done the following in the Past:

1. Had on the water gatherings that included inspections of boats in the morning followed by a ride around the lake and lunch at a dockside venue, supporting local business and promoting safety on the water.

2. Worked to allow Switchable exhaust in New Hampshire, to quite down the noise around public docking area's when responsible Capt. are able to use this feature

3. Built relationships with the Marine Patrol, and area Marina's not to mention the New Hampshire Marine Trades Association

4. Worked to make sure that the Abbutters bill was passed to ensure that lakefront home owners are notified when legislation is being considered that will have direct consequences in their area of a public waterway.

Bear Islander 09-14-2015 01:24 PM

SBONH is not unpopular with me!

It is true that several years ago we disagreed about pending legislation that would restrict boating privileges on the lake.

SBONH backed legislation that would remove operator rights from persons under 12 years of age. I disagreed, obtained facts, and contacted State Legislators with the truth. The legislation was defeated.

However that did not stop the President of SBONH and I from friendly meetings and discourse. Disagreement does not have to breed contempt. Except, apparently, in congress.

ishoot308 09-14-2015 01:46 PM

Bear Islander;

These words... your words, should be words to live by!

"Disagreement does not have to breed contempt."

Nice post!

Dan

DEJ 09-14-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear Islander (Post 251581)
Disagreement does not have to breed contempt. Except, apparently, in congress.

Unfortunately the contempt as far as I am concerned starts at the top, not limited to Congress.

LIforrelaxin 09-17-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear Islander (Post 251581)
SBONH is not unpopular with me!

It is true that several years ago we disagreed about pending legislation that would restrict boating privileges on the lake.

SBONH backed legislation that would remove operator rights from persons under 12 years of age. I disagreed, obtained facts, and contacted State Legislators with the truth. The legislation was defeated.

However that did not stop the President of SBONH and I from friendly meetings and discourse. Disagreement does not have to breed contempt. Except, apparently, in congress.

I love this post... I recall being with Scott, and taking you for a boat Ride.... It was great day, and no we didn't see eye to eye on all topics.... But it was still a great day, and conversation.....