Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Missing 15' Whaler Montauk (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22740)

Gatto Nero 10-31-2017 08:46 AM

Missing 15' Whaler Montauk

We are currently traveling internationally but I just noticed on my camera that my my 15' Whaler Montauk is not on the dock. Many of the docks boards are also missing so assuming it was due to weather. It is white with a 65HP Merc. Name on the boat is Si Mamma and it says Black Cat Island on the stern. Marine patrol has been contacted. Would appreciate if folks would keep an eye out for it and contact me if found. jpcoleman01@gmail.com

Thanks
Jim

AC2717 10-31-2017 08:50 AM

sorry to hear this, good luck Jim!

ishoot308 10-31-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto Nero (Post 287179)
We are currently traveling internationally but I just noticed on my camera that my my 15' Whaler Montauk is not on the dock. Many of the docks boards are also missing so assuming it was due to weather. It is white with a 65HP Merc. Name on the boat is Si Mamma and it says Black Cat Island on the stern. Marine patrol has been contacted. Would appreciate if folks would keep an eye out for it and contact me if found. jpcoleman01@gmail.com

Thanks
Jim

Jim;

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help as my boat is still in the water and I live locally in Gilford.

Good Luck;

Dan

8gv 10-31-2017 09:53 AM

Where was the boat before it got loose? Can anyone tell me which way the wind blew strongest? I may be able to go look for it via airplane Thursday.

ishoot308 10-31-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 287186)
Where was the boat before it got loose? Can anyone tell me which way the wind blew strongest? I may be able to go look for it via airplane Thursday.

The wind was definitely out of the South.

Dan

KPW 10-31-2017 12:31 PM

According to facebook, it has been found.

Gatto Nero 11-04-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPW (Post 287195)
According to facebook, it has been found.

It has, sorry for the delayed response. It still floats but not looking good. Both the boat and the dock took quite a beating. Here are some pics if interested. We get some pretty serious winds here but I've never seen the likes of what this must have been like. We live here year full time but happened to be away last week. I would have loved to have seen this one.

Descant 11-04-2017 03:29 PM

Thanks for the pix. Hard to take.

Gatto Nero 11-04-2017 09:27 PM

That is what insurance is for but that boat holds a lot of memories.

lakershaker 11-05-2017 03:30 PM

Fixable

Sorry to see your damage, we had a very similar thing happen last year. Our brand new 13' whaler was pulled off of the lift in a bad storm, and was blown down the island and banging against rocks for almost a week. We had it fixed by Northeast Fiberglass over on Winnisquam, and they did an excellent job. You can't even tell it was ever damaged. Insurance covered the whole repair.

secondcurve 11-19-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto Nero (Post 287342)
It has, sorry for the delayed response. It still floats but not looking good. Both the boat and the dock took quite a beating. Here are some pics if interested. We get some pretty serious winds here but I've never seen the likes of what this must have been like. We live here year full time but happened to be away last week. I would have loved to have seen this one.

Thank you for the follow-up with detailed pictures. Obviously, that was one powerful storm. Often an issue is brought forward on the forum but there isn't any follow-up. Not the case here. I'm sorry for the damage you incurred.

VitaBene 11-19-2017 09:26 AM

Wow, sorry about your damages Jim:(