Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weirs Beach Crowd Limits (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25920)

TiltonBB 06-17-2020 04:14 AM

Weirs Beach Crowd Limits

Weirs Beach, along with the city’s other beaches, officially opens on June 27. The capacity will be limited to 400 people. That should make the 4th of July interesting when the crowd shows up.

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...28a3843b5.html

WinnisquamZ 06-17-2020 05:18 AM

“Beach Caretakers” are responsible to keep count and tell those individuals that may have driven a few hours to get here or paid hundreds for their rental that can’t sit at a beach that is only at 25% capacity. There are no such restrictions on state beaches why is the city setting up for failure?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

WinnisquamZ 06-17-2020 05:37 AM

Weirs Beach Crowd Limits

Also, with all the tension across the country you are asking the Laconia Police to remove individuals who won’t comply? “Mother dragged off beach in front of her children by the Laconia Police”. I just wrote the July 4th headline for the LDS.
Hopefully, the city revisits this ruling.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

winterh 06-17-2020 05:41 AM

Just call it a protest for BLM and the rules will not apply. You can pack as many in there as you can fit

Cobalt 25 06-20-2020 02:32 PM

Compare photos of each of the protesters and photos of Trump supporters opposed to the BLM movement at his campaign rallies and tell me what you see.

Please don't confuse protesters with "looters" as many people seem to do.

Protesters, by and large, wear masks, Trump supporters, following the example of their leader, do not.

I support the peaceful protesters expressing their right to protest.

Major 06-20-2020 04:34 PM

There was WAY more than 400 people on the beach. I wish I took a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggd 06-20-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobalt 25 (Post 337157)
Compare photos of each of the protesters and photos of Trump supporters opposed to the BLM movement at his campaign rallies and tell me what you see.

Please don't confuse protesters with "looters" as many people seem to do.

Protesters, by and large, wear masks, Trump supporters, following the example of their leader, do not.

I support the peaceful protesters expressing their right to protest.

They will be renaming it the Hillbilly virus in a couple weeks after everyone at the Trump rally tests positive.🤣

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

LongBay 06-20-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 337160)
There was WAY more than 400 people on the beach. I wish I took a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I passed through shortly before noon and after 5pm. It looked to me there was plenty of family distancing and no more than 400 or so.
I would have taken a picture but I was doing better things at the time.

Descant 06-20-2020 09:00 PM

Don't care. Wasted thread.

thinkxingu 06-21-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winterh (Post 336882)
Just call it a protest for BLM and the rules will not apply. You can pack as many in there as you can fit

Rules don't apply to Trump rallies, either, right? At least the protests are outside. Oh, the hypocrisy!

Enjoy the day, friends.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Top-Water 06-21-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 337178)

Wasted thread with wasted replies.

Cobalt 25 06-21-2020 07:47 AM

Our country is more divided now that it has ever been. We experience chaos and bitterness every day. Many Democrats, including me, felt President GW Bush mishandled the Iraq War terribly, yet we wish that even he could somehow be our president if only that were possible.

Wasted thread? Don't care? Do you care about the future of America?

It almost seems similar to a man saying he wants to reduce testing for the Corona virus because it will hurt his chances for personal gain.

But, all things considered, we sure are lucky to be able to experience the beauty that is Lake Winnipesaukee! I believe it's worth having difficult conversations to ensure we can continue to enjoy it.

Newbiesaukee 06-21-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobalt 25 (Post 337188)
Our country is more divided now that it has ever been. We experience chaos and bitterness every day. Many Democrats, including me, felt President GW Bush mishandled the Iraq War terribly, yet we wish that even he could somehow be our president if only that were possible.

Wasted thread? Don't care? Do you care about the future of America?

It almost seems similar to a man saying he wants to reduce testing for the Corona virus because it will hurt his chances for personal gain.

But, all things considered, we sure are lucky to be able to experience the beauty that is Lake Winnipesaukee! I believe it's worth having difficult conversations to ensure we can continue to enjoy it.

I agree with what you said. I interpreted the “wasted” comments to mean we’re beating a dead horse.

The national tragedy to me is that the necessary conversations aren’t happening. Difficult conversations require people who are willing to listen to others. We seem to have lost that ability.

And that is the waste. This is the internet which requires ( for clarity) that I state I am not pointing this at particular people or views.

Top-Water 06-21-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee (Post 337190)
I interpreted the “wasted” comments to mean we’re beating a dead horse.

Then throw in a few political comments and you get another Covid 19 thread ready for the toilet.