Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Petition for a weather section on the forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5342)

CanisLupusArctos 12-02-2007 07:23 PM

Petition for a weather section on the forum

Due to the success of last winter's weather thread it would make sense to have a "Weather" section on the forum, and within that section we could start threads about individual weather events, weather questions, etc.

This would keep individual weather threads from becoming too long & off-topic, and would make it easier for all forum members and readers to access Winni Weather information when they want it, without having to sift through the general discussion topics.

All in agreement, post a short reply to say so!

hockeypuck 12-02-2007 07:49 PM

ABSOLUTELY!! It appears that we have some real knowledgeable posters on the topic of weather. Year round the weather plays a big part in activities that take place in and around the lake. For those of us that do not live at the lake, first hand reports can make the difference between making a trip to the lake or not. You have my vote.

Webbsatwinni 12-02-2007 08:06 PM

I agree, being new to the lake, to have a place to learn more about the weather and it's trends would be great. I think it is a great suggestion and one that should be concidered.

Silver Duck 12-02-2007 08:07 PM

Excellent idea!

Silver Duck

trfour 12-02-2007 08:17 PM

Great Idea!

I'm all for it.

Skip 12-02-2007 08:19 PM

Whether to have weather?

Two thumbs up, love reading wx related threads and anything to get Rose to post more has my greatest encouragement! :)

DRH 12-02-2007 09:07 PM

Two Votes in Favor

QL and I agree!

Rose 12-02-2007 09:07 PM

Thanks

Thank you, Skip...that's very kind of you.:D Of course, the weather has to be bad in order for me to forecast. Forecasting nice weather gets boring after a while. That's one of the reasons why I don't do it for a living.

I vote aye for a weather section.

Resident 2B 12-02-2007 09:40 PM

I vote in favor!

This is a great idea for many reasons.

R2B

GWC... 12-02-2007 10:57 PM

Who could pass on a Yuki Snowfall Chart? :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SteveA 12-03-2007 07:23 AM

I 8th The request....

Count me in...

chipj29 12-03-2007 07:48 AM

Sounds good to me, being the weather geek that I am.

riverat 12-03-2007 07:55 AM

I'm with ya!

Waterbaby 12-03-2007 09:21 AM

Absolutely!

I think that's a great idea :D , wonder why nobody ever thought of it before! I wonder how much work is entailed in doing so.

Sal 12-03-2007 09:25 AM

Aye aye. Si si.

fatlazyless 12-03-2007 09:29 AM

I don't know, talking about the weather can get old, fast. Ever try watching The Weather Channel for more than five minutes......it gets borrrrring!

Anyway, having said that, the 'Getting here' chapter is probably the least used section in the forum so maybe changing it to a 'Getting here-Weather' chapter, since the two are related and weather looms large on peoples minds when they want to 'get here.'

Could give it some spin and call it '...getting here, weather or not!'

SIKSUKR 12-03-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless
I don't know, talking about the weather can get old, fast. Ever try watching The Weather Channel for more than five minutes......it gets borrrrring!
'

Well,there is the problem.The Weather Channel is the last place to go for local weather forecasting.

Weirs guy 12-03-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanisLupusArctos
...This would keep individual weather threads from becoming too long & off-topic...

I really wish you luck with that! :laugh:

Its a great idea to have a central area for weather topics/updates, because who knows better then those of us who can look out our windows?

LIforrelaxin 12-03-2007 01:15 PM

I like the idea.... sounds good.... what say you, your estimed royalness mr webmaster?????

(no buttering up intended I swear........)

fatlazyless 12-03-2007 01:33 PM

Fyi, The Weather Channel content varies a lot depending on 'weather' you have local cable or a satellite dish. It is at its' best zeroing into a small area with local cable like maybe 250 customers, and at its' worst on a satellite dish. w/ millions of subscribers

The local Weather Channel radar-map as seen on WV's SkiSat cable includes Campton Hollow, and Buxton Corners, Maine. Campton Hollow, afaik, doesn't make it onto the State DOT freebie map. How much more local can it get?

Live, from Buxton Corners Maine, we have weather here today!

fpartri497 12-03-2007 01:40 PM

FYI fatlazyless

Quote:

Fyi, The Weather Channel content varies a lot depending on 'weather' you have local cable or a satellite dish. It is at its' best zeroing into a small area with local cable like maybe 250 customers, and at its' worst on a satellite dish. w/ millions of subscribers

The local Weather Channel radar-map as seen on WV's SkiSat cable includes Campton Hollow, and Buxton Corners, Maine. Campton Hollow, afaik, doesn't make it onto the State DOT freebie map. How much more local can it get?

Live, from Buxton Corners Maine, we have weather here today!

:D gee FLL It will be interisting to see who jumps all over you for todays post.

:coolsm:

MomCat 12-03-2007 02:18 PM

A great idea!

We vote YES! Thanks for taking the initiative, CLA. We've often wondered why there wasn't a weather section on the Forum. Updates on weather-related events--power outages, road closings, etc.--would be helpful, too.

moose tracks 12-03-2007 05:14 PM

Weather section on the forum

This would be great if all the weather buffs could have their own section. What do you think Web Master?

Doyboy 12-03-2007 05:17 PM

I agree wholeheartedly!

moose tracks 12-03-2007 05:52 PM

Weather Section

Quote:

the 'Getting here' chapter is probably the least used section in the forum

If we need a section, take it from "Gettig Here" Good idear fatlazyless!

CanisLupusArctos 12-04-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moose tracks
If we need a section, take it from "Gettig Here" Good idear fatlazyless!

A bunch of us live here already.

beagle 12-04-2007 08:22 AM

Count my vote!

We are always interested in the weather at the lake. We like knowing what's going on when we're not there, and also like knowing what's coming if we decide to make the drive up for the weekend.
It's a great idea, let's do it!!!

GO PATS, YEE HAA:D :D :D !!

Blue Thunder 12-06-2007 07:57 PM

Is it being considered?

OK Don,
Whaadddyyaaa think...will you consider it? You're awfully quiet these days.

Blue Thunder

Gilligan 12-06-2007 08:21 PM

Proper place for this topic

For sure I don't object to a forum weather category.

It is ironic that you all bring this up in the general discussion area when the site support category would be the more appropriate place to discuss site subjects :laugh:

How about adding links or thumbnails to local radar and weather conditions on the forum tool bar or weather category or somewhere on the forum other than the site main page?

Smith Point 12-06-2007 09:29 PM

How about a weather station

We also have a place on Sebec Lake in Maine, and we have a weather station! I click on it all the time, check it out! Click here: SEBEC LAKE WEATHER STATION, Bill Larrabee

Smith Point 12-06-2007 09:37 PM

Opps I still don't know how to use this thing

http://www.sebeclakeweather.org/

Sunrise Point 12-07-2007 06:30 AM

Count me in!

I am all for a Weather Forum.

At the present time I check MSN.Com weather before I come up and it seems to have little or no relation to the weather conditions that I actually find when I get here!

Skipper 12-07-2007 08:02 AM

My vote

Add my vote for a weather forum. Webmaster can always remove it if we find it not worthwhile.

GWC... 12-07-2007 02:33 PM

WOW!!!

Thank you Don the Webmaster of Webmasters...

Resident 2B 12-07-2007 05:45 PM

Thanks!

Thanks Don! It is appreciated.

R2B

Lin 12-07-2007 07:08 PM

Great move Don, this will be a well read section. thank you.

Blue Thunder 12-07-2007 07:37 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for listening to the call, Don. I'm sure you had better things to do than listen to us (me) asking for a weather category. I truly appreciate this site and the way it's run.

Blue Thunder

trfour 12-07-2007 10:00 PM

Thank you Don, and a great idea moving Winter Sports up the list for the season as well.

Thank you CLA.

Some good reading; http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/featur...cle=StormsMain

CanisLupusArctos 12-08-2007 04:22 PM

Thank you!

Thank you Don!
And welcome fellow wx geeks and everyone interested.

Smith Point, there are already a few weather stations on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee, including one at Weirs Beach where this forum's official cam is. My Winnipesaukee WeatherCenter page has all kinds of weather info with a local focus - www.blackcatnh.com/weather.

CLA

gtxrider 12-09-2007 07:48 AM

Forcast from Al Sleet

As my favorite forcaster, Al Sleet, used to say "Dark tonight with gradual light towards morning."

Thanks for the site I an not there but it is nice to see what is happening around the Lake!

Now how the heck is Al Sleet?