Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Bring on the Snow (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8597)

ITD 09-21-2009 09:22 AM

Bring on the Snow

Ok, I've had it with this lousy summer, I declare it over (except for the next couple of days) and request that the snow dances start early this year. Looking forward to some great skiing and even better snowmobiling. I'm thinking early December snowmobiling in the Twin Mountain area. Please make it so....

chipj29 09-21-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITD (Post 106968)
Ok, I've had it with this lousy summer, I declare it over (except for the next couple of days) and request that the snow dances start early this year. Looking forward to some great skiing and even better snowmobiling. I'm thinking early December snowmobiling in the Twin Mountain area. Please make it so....

I echo your request. I am taking delivery of a brand new sled in a couple weeks, and am begging/praying/hoping for a kick-butt winter!

RLW 09-21-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipj29 (Post 106972)
I echo your request. I am taking delivery of a brand new sled in a couple weeks, and am begging/praying/hoping for a kick-butt winter!

Ya and the high registration fees. I'm one that waits until the snow arrives before getting my sticker as I have gotten them so many times and only got to ride 2 or 3 times.:)

Just Sold 09-21-2009 06:08 PM

Blasphemy :D

Not quite yet. I am looking forward to my 1st year of sledding but I can wait a little longer.

fatlazyless 09-21-2009 06:35 PM

...gee whiz...the temperature sign at the Northway Bank in Ashland said 81-degrees today at about 5:30pm......and it was 33-degrees this morning at 7am.....that seems like a very wide range for the same day

Skip 09-21-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipj29 (Post 106972)

Same here, my new sled is supposed to be arriving at the dealer mid to late October. It's been a long wait since last spring when I ordered it!

My big event this winter will be staying up at the Balsams in February for the Easter Seals Ride-In weekend.

Hope to see all you guys out on the trail this season.... :)

MAXUM 09-22-2009 10:30 AM

The ride in is a great event plus you're enjoying the best trails in the state.

Yep I'm ready for a good winter too. Supposedly the long range weather forecast for this winter is looking very good in regards to potential snowfall. Good news for sure, although the past couple of seasons were excellent so I'm not complaining. Just think if we got all that moisture in January that we had in June.... are you kidding me?

Orion 09-22-2009 10:39 AM

Not so fast!!!

Winter is already 6 months long up here. There's still a good two months of very peaceful and scenic boating left. Once the water is stiff, bring on the snow.

Merrymeeting 09-22-2009 02:53 PM

Well I'm with Orion on this one but thought I'd pass this on...

I work with folks located in Colorado Springs. It was snowing there yesterday.

trfour 09-26-2009 11:03 PM

In The Nor'East....

1 Attachment(s)
Be careful what you ask for!

Photo Snowdanced, right here and very near Lake Winnipesaukee! We turned around and went back to the camp to wait for the groomer!... But YES, bring it ON! :) :look: :D

Skip 09-27-2009 06:38 AM

A few flakes soon?

WMUR hinted this morning that we may see some snowflakes in the higher elevations later on this week. Getting excited, new sled should be in within the next few weeks, and I received my 2010 accessories catalog in the mail yesterday...:)

ITD 09-27-2009 07:38 AM

I was in checking one of those new ski doos the other day. Pretty slick looking sled. I'm looking for something quieter than what I have, which is a 2002 Arctic cat 600 efi, great sled, but loud.....

HomeWood 10-20-2009 01:43 PM

Here's my new sled for this season. I picked up a couple of weeks ago at the NHSA grass drag event while I was up. 2005 AC Sabercat 600. My Ski-doo is getting a makeover too. Bring on the snow is right!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...0/IMG_1551.jpg