Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moultonboro snowmobile trails (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21619)

ITD 01-19-2017 12:35 PM

Moultonboro snowmobile trails

Are the Moultonboro trails open? Is it ok to go on the Red Hill section or is it better to wait? Thank you.

upthesaukee 01-19-2017 01:04 PM

ITD, suggest going to moultonborosmc.org . They have conditions and restrictions, plus other info too lengthy for me to type on my tablet. Hope this will help.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

WINNOCTURN 01-19-2017 02:22 PM

Not Good News

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 273703)
ITD, suggest going to moultonborosmc.org . They have conditions and restrictions, plus other info too lengthy for me to type on my tablet. Hope this will help.

Not Good News.

Yesterdays Snow did not help.

Light snow over Dirt or Ice

upthesaukee 01-19-2017 02:57 PM

I feared that. We got 3.5 inches over here in Alton Bay, measured as I got ready to clean it off in the mid-late morning. By two in the afternoon, it had self-compressed down to about 2 inches as we went for a snowshoe hike. Yes, we need good snow.

NHGUNOWNER 01-19-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 273705)
Yes, we need good snow. [/URL]

Tell me about it...I have a snowmobile I've been trying to sell for 2 years!

jeffk 01-20-2017 01:55 PM

Bummed out

Before last year I hadn't ridden the sleds in many years.

Last year I got them all cleaned up and ready! No snow. No trails down here. :(

OK, I figured THIS year we would HAVE TO do better. Again they are all set and we DID get to go on a 2 hour ride a couple weeks ago. :) Then rain, no snow. Trails closed. :mad:

Unfortunately I am going in for a hip replacement Feb. 22 so I will have to pull and summerize the sleds before then. :(

Soooooo I am hoping for a couple feet of snow in the next week. :D I can dream.

MAXUM 01-20-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 273726)
Before last year I hadn't ridden the sleds in many years.

Last year I got them all cleaned up and ready! No snow. No trails down here. :(

OK, I figured THIS year we would HAVE TO do better. Again they are all set and we DID get to go on a 2 hour ride a couple weeks ago. :) Then rain, no snow. Trails closed. :mad:

Unfortunately I am going in for a hip replacement Feb. 22 so I will have to pull and summerize the sleds before then. :(

Soooooo I am hoping for a couple feet of snow in the next week. :D I can dream.

I doubt that is going to happen, but if you believe the computer models, it seems we are in for a major pattern shift to colder weather and a more stormy pattern at the start of next month. With any luck that will happen and you're get a good ride in before your hip replacement.

Good luck with that, no doubt you'll be in for a long recovery, wish you much success and a doc with a steady hand ;)

dpg 01-23-2017 11:56 AM

February's typically a miserable month we're bound to get snow - ugh...Come on warm weather...

chipj29 01-24-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg (Post 273797)
February's typically a miserable month we're bound to get snow - ugh...Come on warm weather...

You are wishing for warm weather, that's great. But do you think the right place to do that in the forum would be in a thread discussing snowmobile trails?

upthesaukee 01-24-2017 05:28 PM

I hope you have smarter snowmobilers on the north side of the lake. Just had some bright light go behind my house on the "D" trail in Alton. It's been sleeting and raining here all day. What a lack of respect for the trail system.