Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Boat Slip Rental (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27802)

siteguy 03-13-2022 07:47 AM

Boat Slip Rental

From what I'm hearing about the increase in slip rental fees, I am seriously considering renting mine this season. It's a 29' slip with 4 way tie at Meredith Yacht Club. What could I expect to get for it?

joey2665 03-13-2022 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siteguy (Post 368308)
From what I'm hearing about the increase in slip rental fees, I am seriously considering renting mine this season. It's a 29' slip with 4 way tie at Meredith Yacht Club. What could I expect to get for it?

I would figure 200-250 per foot

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Descant 03-13-2022 03:15 PM

per foot?

I think Joey is in the right range. It appears to me that marinas charge by the foot and the price at most condos/clubs is just a flat rate for the slip and you put in it whatever size boat or less, is allowed. Your overhead, taxes, dues, whatever is the same regardless of the size boat you rent to. I'd advertise it at $6000.

codeman671 03-14-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siteguy (Post 368308)

Didn't you get enough feedback on your facebook post? 150 comments and counting....:laugh:

DEJ 03-14-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 368367)
Didn't you get enough feedback on your facebook post? 150 comments and counting....:laugh:

Not everyone does facebook, his post IMO was very appropriate for this site. :)

codeman671 03-14-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEJ (Post 368368)
Not everyone does facebook, his post IMO was very appropriate for this site. :)

My point was that this same person appears to have asked the same question on facebook on a lake related group, and has 150+ responses. Kind of beating a dead horse...

DEJ 03-14-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 368370)
My point was that this same person appears to have asked the same question on facebook on a lake related group, and has 150+ responses. Kind of beating a dead horse...

I guess posting the same question on two different social media sites is not allowed, interesting.:rolleye2:

codeman671 03-14-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEJ (Post 368371)
I guess posting the same question on two different social media sites is not allowed, interesting.:rolleye2:

Not saying that but after 150+ replies don’t you think you’d have the information you were looking for?
:rolleye2:

DEJ 03-14-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 368372)
Not saying that but after 150+ replies don’t you think you’d have the information you were looking for?
:rolleye2:

Not saying that, I question why you seem to think you are the internet cop? Perhaps he needs more info, guess according to you that is not allowed.

codeman671 03-14-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEJ (Post 368373)
Not saying that, I question why you seem to think you are the internet cop? Perhaps he needs more info, guess according to you that is not allowed.

"Seriously considering renting out my boat slip this season. Someone told me I could get $10k for a 29' slip at Meredith Yacht Club. Is that crazy?"

This was the original post that started this on FB. The poster proceeded to get flamed and over and over again for it. They seemed to be looking for validation on how bad they could bone people.

Wasn't playing internet cop. Just commenting on how comical I felt it was they were still looking for validation. Clearly you took it a bit more seriously.

DEJ 03-14-2022 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 368374)
"Seriously considering renting out my boat slip this season. Someone told me I could get $10k for a 29' slip at Meredith Yacht Club. Is that crazy?"

This was the original post that started this on FB. The poster proceeded to get flamed and over and over again for it. They seemed to be looking for validation on how bad they could bone people.

Wasn't playing internet cop. Just commenting on how comical I felt it was they were still looking for validation. Clearly you took it a bit more seriously.

I posted something on that site as well as this one, should I have asked you for permission first? Do you see how silly your original response was? Seriously dude, great way to welcome a new poster to this site..

jogator1 03-22-2022 03:19 PM

Is there a demand for a boat slip rental in June, August and September? I own a slip in Meredith and only use it in July. I never thought of renting it in the other months until my wife mentioned it last week.