Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pollen - 2021 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27045)

Merrymeeting 05-26-2021 01:12 PM

Pollen - 2021

We typically view the lakes region heavy pollen season as going from Mother's Day till about Father's Day. During the past week, it was falling so hard and fast it sometimes seemed like it was raining. EVERYTHING is covered, especially since there has bee no appreciable rain to clean things off.

But...there's been little to none for the past two days (at least here). Have the pine trees released yet (always the biggie here)? Dare we hope it's done, or is this just Mother Nature throwing a hiatus at us and there's lot more to come?

Helps to know when it's done so we can start cleaning up rather than doing it multiple times.

8gv 05-26-2021 02:36 PM

If the pollen continues as it has towns will need to re-evaluate their plowing budgets.

Biggd 05-26-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 356071)
We typically view the lakes region heavy pollen season as going from Mother's Day till about Father's Day. During the past week, it was falling so hard and fast it sometimes seemed like it was raining. EVERYTHING is covered, especially since there has bee no appreciable rain to clean things off.

But...there's been little to none for the past two days (at least here). Have the pine trees released yet (always the biggie here)? Dare we hope it's done, or is this just Mother Nature throwing a hiatus at us and there's lot more to come?

Helps to know when it's done so we can start cleaning up rather than doing it multiple times.

I had nothing falling yesterday probably because there was no wind. I cleaned up and the wind today brought it all down again. :(

TiltonBB 05-26-2021 06:02 PM

7 PM. Just looked outside. The pollen is all gone. Hmmmm....................

Winilyme 05-26-2021 08:45 PM

I think it's all but over. All the oaks let loose over the last four days. The crazy warm weather (not complaining) sped things up and there's been relatively little wind until this past Sunday. It all came down at once this week and the heavy rain we got this afternoon in Meredith was the final nail in the coffin.

trfour 05-27-2021 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You can see pollen in the water at the beach too.

LikeLakes 05-27-2021 02:57 PM

Heavy wind and rain certainly helped dump and then clear it. But I still saw some on previously washed cars this morning. Based on last year I kind of doubt it's completely done, but would enjoy seeing it go. Last time I mowed the lawn my eyes were watering and I sneezed all evening.

Merrymeeting 06-08-2021 11:39 AM

Yup, should have followed my gut and waited until after Father's Day to clean all those porches, windows, and screens! :rolleye2:

Mother Nature just messing with us once again.

WinnisquamZ 06-08-2021 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 17057yesterday afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app