Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Marker 21, Wolfeboro (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27948)

TheTimeTraveler 05-11-2022 11:09 PM

Marker 21, Wolfeboro

Marker 21 has now opened in the old Joe Green's location in Wolfeboro. Has anyone tried it yet?

How are the menu offerings? How are the prices?

jbolty 05-12-2022 12:18 PM

they have a facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/Marker21Wolfeboro/

Triboro 05-12-2022 12:28 PM

Marker 21

i went for drinks (Spicy Paloma) and nachos on the deck. The view is amazing and they did a great job with the new deck. Larger than the old deck and the door way to the deck is larger so the inside is much brighter and has views. The drinks and nacho both were delicious. I did take out once and really enjoyed the Bao Buns and Ahi Poke Bowl. Cocktail menu is creative and its nice they have a few mocktail choices. I would definitely recommend trying it.

thinkxingu 05-12-2022 12:45 PM

^ This read poofy, so I had to go check out to menu to see if another one bit the dust, but it doesn't look horrible. Hopefully, the food's as good as the view!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

FlyingScot 05-12-2022 01:42 PM

Wow! Looks great, a huge step up. Very excited to try:)

Overlake97 05-12-2022 06:25 PM

Marker 21 has lots of Google Reviews

Type "marker 21 wolfeboro nh" into Google, and when the page loads click on "13 Google Reviews" at the right (might be a different number by the time you get there). Looks a lot different than any of the previous restaurants that occupied that space. :)

SAB1 05-12-2022 07:38 PM

Menu is a bit limited but food is decent.

luckypete 05-12-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triboro (Post 370577)
i went for drinks (Spicy Paloma) and nachos on the deck. The view is amazing and they did a great job with the new deck. Larger than the old deck and the door way to the deck is larger so the inside is much brighter and has views. The drinks and nacho both were delicious. I did take out once and really enjoyed the Bao Buns and Ahi Poke Bowl. Cocktail menu is creative and its nice they have a few mocktail choices. I would definitely recommend trying it.

Agreed....Ahi Poke Bowl is awesome!:liplick:

TiltonBB 05-12-2022 08:02 PM

Is it time to throw away my Joe Green's gift certificates or should I hold off? :)

upthesaukee 05-12-2022 08:42 PM

Regift

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 370587)
Is it time to throw away my Joe Green's gift certificates or should I hold off? :)

Regift them as a Secret Santa gift. :D

Dave

PS: But not to me!:cool:

Patiently Watching 05-13-2022 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 370587)

In NH gift certificates don't expire. All the info you need is on the NH AG website. Track down Chris Ahlgren who operated Joe Greens and demand reimbursement.

TiltonBB 05-13-2022 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patiently Watching (Post 370593)
In NH gift certificates don't expire. All the info you need is on the NH AG website. Track down Chris Ahlgren who operated Joe Greens and demand reimbursement.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am not that desperate......................yet.

Maybe in a couple of weeks when I stop to put 120 gallons of gas in the boat I will be looking for additional financial resources. :liplick:

thinkxingu 05-13-2022 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 370595)
Thank you for the suggestion. I am not that desperate......................yet.

Maybe in a couple of weeks when I stop to put 120 gallons of gas in the boat I will be looking for additional financial resources. :liplick:

If things stay stable or go down, Ambrose Cove @ $5 isn't as horrible as I'd planned for!

Merrymeeting 05-15-2022 10:52 AM

We tried going there Friday evening at about 6. Only the top level is open and all the outside tables (6-8?) were full and recently seated. We wanted to be outside and didn't want a wait of what appeared to be almost an hour so we left and went to Wolfetrap (excellent as always).

They have done a great job with the redecorating, and when the second level is also open, there will be more capacity. But I suspect that there will be long waits for the outside deck once the summer crowds really arrive.

It may just be due to startup mode, but there was no host for seating. Just a sign that said "Please seat yourself". I'm not sure that will work too well when there are a large number of parties waiting.

I.C.Isles 05-15-2022 04:10 PM

Went by Saturday. Great job updating the place. Not a lot of outdoor seating. Menu has limited choices with a pretty diverse selection, expect it will expand as the other floors open Ribs were good. Service was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 07-26-2022 02:31 PM

Finally got to Marker 21, and FINALLY got great food to go along with the view. Five of us today, and scores of 9, 9.5, 10, 10, and 10.

I got the corn chowder, awesome, and 1/2 rack ribs, also awesome.

My only gripes, and these are obviously common these days, were that the service was a tad slow and the appetizer prices were a couple bucks high. I don't even really feel reasonable putting them down because it was a great experience overall.

If you've not been and are in the Wolfeboro area, give them a go!