Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Reviews on States Landing boat launch? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14338)

psherry 06-30-2012 09:53 AM

Reviews on States Landing boat launch?

I am staying in Moultonborough next week just south of Suissvale. I am bringing my boat up and will be docking it at our rental for the week. Looking at my map it looks like States Landing is closest launch to me. Does anyone have any experience with this ramp? If this ramp is not recommended I will plan on driving up to Lee's Mill and putting in there.

Also, is Suissvale a 'closed' community? By that I am really asking can I drive through it? The States Landing ramp is very close if I can drive through Suissvale otherwise I have to go back out to Rt 109.

Thanks in advance for any info.

gf2020 06-30-2012 03:02 PM

Not much of a ramp there. You could probably launch an aluminum boat on a roller trailer there but my deep vee center console on a bunk trailer would be a problem. Better to use a ramp in Tuftonboro or Lee's Mills, as you mentioned,

mas1992bc 06-30-2012 03:04 PM

We used to live in Suissevale. You can launch at their ramp. I don't think anyone with bother you.

RLW 06-30-2012 03:30 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/1499wms.gif psherry, I just noticed that you are fairly new to the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. I am sure you will get a lot of help here and some excellent places fairly near you. Best of luck.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e56yqf.gif

HomeWood 06-30-2012 08:36 PM

We have always used lees mills. Nice little ramp

The Eagle 07-01-2012 05:09 AM

States Landing Ramp and Suissevale

States Landing Boat Ramp will take your boat, if it's not a " 32 foot Cabin Cruiser" with no problem, BUT..you need to have a "Moultonboro Beach Pass" to leave your trailor there. It does have a sandy bottom, so I wouldn't venture out too deep launching or you could have a problem getting out of the sand.
I live in Suissevale and it is a "Closed Community" (as the defination goes) BUT, you CAN drive through it, BUT (lots of but's here) IF you don't know your way around, you can get lost on the streets. LOTs of unpaved, roads that go in circles, and criss cross each other. It is easy to get lost. BUT Suissevale is a beautiful community with lots to offer "residents". Private beach, Tennis Courts, Play Ground, club house, Marina, beautiful homes, and very friendly people. Feel free to drive through and check it out.
The Eagle

VitaBene 07-01-2012 05:16 AM

The State's Landing ramp is really horrible, it needs a make-over. It is difficult to get your trailer close to level. Having stated that, it is useable and does not have broken concrete (because there is no concrete!) that will ruin a tire. When backing in, go in the water a little to right of ramp center looking at the water.

psherry 07-01-2012 08:55 AM

Thank you everone for your responses. I think I will stay away from the States Landing ramp. I have a 23' Chris Craft and would prefer to not get the trailer stuck in the sand to start off my week. A few extra minutes in the car to get the boat in the water safely is well worth it.

As a previous resident of Suissvale indicated in a earlier post, if I could put in at the Suissvale marina that would be ideal. THE EAGLE, do you think this would be permitted? I can bring my trailer to the home we are renting, I am just looking to throw the boat in some place close.

Otherwise it looks like the 2 closest ramps are in Lee's Mill and Melvin Village. If Suissvale is not an option I think I will put in at Lee's Mill since I have been there before and know the waters a little bit.

Greene's Basin Girl 07-01-2012 10:20 AM

A ne boat ramp was installed at Lee's Mills a few years ago. I am sure it would be fine to put your boat in there.

MikeF-NH 07-03-2012 06:48 AM

Lees Mills is a great facility in great condition. It's a pretty long boat ride out to Moultonboro Bay with lots of hazards on the way. Make sure you bring a Bizer or have a GPS with Navionics on it and pay attention as some hazards are right in the middle. You might want to consider 19 Mile Bay. The ramp is fine and you can leave your trailer at the parking lot about a mile up the road from the launch. MUCH easier ride to Moultonboro Bay from here.

KPW 07-03-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeF-NH (Post 185474)
Lees Mills is a great facility in great condition. It's a pretty long boat ride out to Moultonboro Bay with lots of hazards on the way. Make sure you bring a Bizer or have a GPS with Navionics on it and pay attention as some hazards are right in the middle. You might want to consider 19 Mile Bay. The ramp is fine and you can leave your trailer at the parking lot about a mile up the road from the launch. MUCH easier ride to Moultonboro Bay from here.

The parking lot at 19 Mile Bay is for Tuftonboro residents. You can park during the day but if you want to leave it there overnight, you need a parking permit. You can only leave your trailer there if it is attached to your vehicle.

As you mentioned, Lees Mill would be your best bet.

Greene's Basin Girl 07-03-2012 12:31 PM

If you are JUST south of Swissvale the Lee's Mills boat ramp would be much closer than the Nineteen Mile Bay ramp.