Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Weathervane at the Weirs (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14048)

bclaker 05-19-2012 08:28 AM

Weathervane at the Weirs

Does anyone know if the Weathervane at the Weirs will be opemnig this year and when?

bclaker 05-19-2012 01:36 PM

Weirs Weathervane

After 79 viewings I had no replies, so I went to the Weirs Weathervane website. It said opening Memorial day. I tried the number listed and it was not in service, so I called the Weathervane in Chichester. Without hesitation, the guy that answered said it will open on Thursday, the 24th.

vmartino26 05-19-2012 08:19 PM

The sign at the Weathervane restaurant says May 24.

kauriel 05-20-2012 10:36 AM

Great news! We really enjoyed their lobster rolls last summer!!!

Overlake97 06-01-2012 10:06 AM

Open for the past two days?

Weathervane at the Weirs was open (I think) on Wednesday, May 30th, and maybe also yesterday (Thursday, May 31st; they had a little sandwich board out front advertising "peel n eat shrimp,"). I say "think" and "maybe" because it's actually hard to tell from driving by on the street. It's hard to see lights on and my only evidence of Wednesday's opening was the appearance of people in the front entryway at the counter. I don't recall seeing an OPEN flag, but I could have missed it.

bclaker 06-01-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlake97 (Post 183065)
Weathervane at the Weirs was open (I think) on Wednesday, May 30th, and maybe also yesterday (Thursday, May 31st; they had a little sandwich board out front advertising "peel n eat shrimp,"). I say "think" and "maybe" because it's actually hard to tell from driving by on the street. It's hard to see lights on and my only evidence of Wednesday's opening was the appearance of people in the front entryway at the counter. I don't recall seeing an OPEN flag, but I could have missed it.

Yes, It was open yesterday. My wife and I had lobster rolls form,lunch there yessterday.

Altonbayicefishingfool 06-20-2012 08:52 PM

I always give credit where good credit is due.. But this place has to be the worst expieriance we have ever encountered.
Stopped in here the Sunday at the beginning of bike week. A bit to my surprise the lower dining room was empty. We were greeted promptly and seated right away.. And then the fun begins... We waited and were ignored for over ten minutes before someone came to our table.as usual in any restaurant they want to to your drink order and then dissapear, so we said we were also ready to order our food now. We had a chicken finger basket and a haddock sandwich ( not rocket science here for sure) meanwhile two other tables were seated. A few minutes later the other tables already have their drinks..... We are still waiting!! Now fifteen minutes have passed, our waiter seems to have vanished, still no drinks and now those other two tables have food! Now I'm pissed! So I go to the counter and ask for our drinks at least and wait.... I go back to the counter and ask for the manager, a few minutes later a girl ( I guess she was the manager) comes to the table to see what the issue was... This girl couldn't have been a day older than 16 ( they serve alcohol by the way) asks what the issue was then vanishes as well... As we were getting ready to split now that we have been here for 30+ minutes a THIRD person comes and asks what we had ordered... Finally food came out.. Now I'm steamed!!! But guess who need checked on us but certainly came with his hand out with the check!!
Stay clear of this joint!

kjbathe 07-21-2012 11:41 AM

This was a favorite last summer, but we heard folks had some poor experiences last fall and stayed away until last Saturday night. What a disappointment to see such a promising start fail to deliver. Apps came out cold, haddock had odd taste to it, and was just not up to usual Weathervane quality. Manager was very understanding, comped the haddock addid the right thing, but a week later the impression is "miss." We also commented on the very young staff - perhaps that is part of it.

Instead of raising the bar for the Weirs, the Weirs seems to have lowered the quality of this Weathervane location. :(

Jonas Pilot 07-21-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbathe (Post 187109)
Instead of raising the bar for the Weirs, the Weirs seems to have lowered the quality of this Weathervane location. :(

What?? Please explain.

Altonbayicefishingfool 07-22-2012 08:22 PM

Not that the Weirs needed another Pizza joint,but what happened to the pizza place that was already there? They were fast,very friendly had great food and prices reasonable.

Belmont Resident 07-23-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altonbayicefishingfool (Post 187197)
Not that the Weirs needed another Pizza joint,but what happened to the pizza place that was already there? They were fast,very friendly had great food and prices reasonable.

Probably location and cost to be there. Remember, off season the Wiers is dead with very little open or going on and no tourists.

Sunset View 07-24-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altonbayicefishingfool (Post 184593)
I always give credit where good credit is due.. But this place has to be the worst expieriance we have ever encountered.
Stopped in here the Sunday at the beginning of bike week. A bit to my surprise the lower dining room was empty. We were greeted promptly and seated right away.. And then the fun begins... We waited and were ignored for over ten minutes before someone came to our table.as usual in any restaurant they want to to your drink order and then dissapear, so we said we were also ready to order our food now. We had a chicken finger basket and a haddock sandwich ( not rocket science here for sure) meanwhile two other tables were seated. A few minutes later the other tables already have their drinks..... We are still waiting!! Now fifteen minutes have passed, our waiter seems to have vanished, still no drinks and now those other two tables have food! Now I'm pissed! So I go to the counter and ask for our drinks at least and wait.... I go back to the counter and ask for the manager, a few minutes later a girl ( I guess she was the manager) comes to the table to see what the issue was... This girl couldn't have been a day older than 16 ( they serve alcohol by the way) asks what the issue was then vanishes as well... As we were getting ready to split now that we have been here for 30+ minutes a THIRD person comes and asks what we had ordered... Finally food came out.. Now I'm steamed!!! But guess who need checked on us but certainly came with his hand out with the check!!
Stay clear of this joint!

There's always worse..............try the Tammarack !

rick35 07-24-2012 11:00 PM

We drove by the Tamarack yesterday on our way to T-Bones. There were only two cars in the parking lot. Its sad to see that. It used to be a Winni destination.

We find the Weathervane to be hit or miss. We went to the one at the Weirs a couple of weeks ago and the food was very good. The one in Bedford is close to our house and we rarely go because we've had too many mediocre meals.

Altonbayicefishingfool 07-25-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick35 (Post 187438)
We drove by the Tamarack yesterday on our way to T-Bones. There were only two cars in the parking lot. Its sad to see that. It used to be a Winni destination.

We find the Weathervane to be hit or miss. We went to the one at the Weirs a couple of weeks ago and the food was very good. The one in Bedford is close to our house and we rarely go because we've had too many mediocre meals.

It is sad, I drive by everyday going home from work. I remember not too long ago that Parking lot would be full, not a spot to be had and a 15+ minutes wait at the window. That was the place to be. I would eat there at least once or more every week.