Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Just back from Rangeley (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20310)

dippasan 03-07-2016 12:40 PM

Just back from Rangeley

1 Attachment(s)
We did 200 miles on Friday from Rangeley to Parlin Pond, to The Forks, To Eustis and back to Rangeley. Did another 100 on Saturday. Conditions were the best by far that they've been all year. Fast flat and 4-6" of new snow coverage. Unfortunately I think mother nature is putting on her bikini and warming things up this week.

If you really need to scratch your riding itch before it's all over, take the next couple of days off and get to the Western Mountains of Maine. Rangeley never disappoints.

ishoot308 03-08-2016 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dippasan (Post 258102)
If you really need to scratch your riding itch before it's all over, take the next couple of days off and get to the Western Mountains of Maine. Rangeley never disappoints.

I'm scratching!! Gaspe Peninsula...600 miles covered in 3 days so far, another 700 to go! Tons of snow! Conditions are amazing, trails are amazing, scenery is amazing. I'm spoiled for life!!

Dan

GUD 2 GO! 03-09-2016 07:36 AM

Heading up this weekend for one last run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dippasan 03-09-2016 09:28 AM

Gaspe'

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 258191)
I'm scratching!! Gaspe Peninsula...600 miles covered in 3 days so far, another 700 to go! Tons of snow! Conditions are amazing, trails are amazing, scenery is amazing. I'm spoiled for life!!

Dan

Outstanding! Glad to hear it. My brother and I did the entire Gaspe' peninsula 10 years ago.
I remember how awesome it was to be riding on groomed trails along the ocean with great views.
I understand there's some great powder riding in the National Park. My son's want to get there.

Thanks for the pic

SIKSUKR 03-10-2016 03:11 PM

The Gaspe is spectacular!

ishoot308 03-12-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 258288)
The Gaspe is spectacular!

Spectacular is an understatement! Just got back today and since it's not lakes region related, I won't get into specifics but what a hoot!

Dan

upthesaukee 03-12-2016 06:28 PM

Maybe because the snowmobiling around here is so bad...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 258424)
Spectacular is an understatement! Just got back today and since it's not lakes region related, I won't get into specifics but what a hoot!

Dan

Maybe the webmaster would let you give a little dissertation about the Gaspe` Peninsula, seeing how the poor conditions drove you to go that far north... That's almost a tie into the Lakes Region... pretty please Webmaster ;)

ishoot308 03-13-2016 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 258434)
Maybe the webmaster would let you give a little dissertation about the Gaspe` Peninsula, seeing how the poor conditions drove you to go that far north... That's almost a tie into the Lakes Region... pretty please Webmaster ;)

Here's a couple more pics from the trip...

ishoot308 03-13-2016 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 258434)

Somewhere in the Chik Chok mountains....

ishoot308 04-06-2016 12:42 PM

Gaspe Video

I thought I would share this video of my Gaspe trip with all you Lakes Region snowmobilers!

Be sure to put the youtube settings on High Definition an let the video load, then turn UP the volume for optimum experience!! It's the first video I ever made so its not perfect but its not bad either...

https://youtu.be/QCiQdBMThVo

Dan