Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New building (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27789)

camp guy 03-01-2022 04:46 PM

New building

Does anyone know what is being built immediately north of the entrance to Walmart on Rt 11 in Rochester?

codeman671 03-02-2022 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camp guy (Post 367863)
Does anyone know what is being built immediately north of the entrance to Walmart on Rt 11 in Rochester?

Do you mean right after Tractor Supply? Specifically, no. But it looks like another bank.

Merrymeeting 03-02-2022 09:35 AM

Yes, another bank. Same for the other building further down the road near the car dealers.

My wife and I don't get it. Can't remember the last time we had a need to visit a physical back. Between online banking, ATM's, online loan processes, etc. no need to go into a building anymore. But the banks still keep putting them up. :confused:

TiltonBB 03-02-2022 11:09 AM

Some people want and need the personal touch in their banking. When they are opening a checking or savings account, applying for a car loan or mortgage, many people still like to sit down and talk to someone.

The buildings also give the people a feeling of presence that lets them know they are dealing with a local bank, rather than an online impersonal transaction.

I use TD Bank because they are open 7 days a week. During the summer, I go into the Gilford and Tilton branches often to pick up cash. They are excellent people to deal with.

Descant 03-02-2022 01:52 PM

I go less often now, but the local branch was a place where "everybody knew my name", always had fresh coffee. You need face to face to get signature guarantees, a physical building for night deposits, and the ATM doesn't give out a choice of bill denominations. There still seems to be a line at the end of the week when people are cashing pay checks. Yes, personal banking is a lot more online, but businesses still need a lot of service.

Mr. V 03-02-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting
My wife and I don't get it. Can't remember the last time we had a need to visit a physical back. Between online banking, ATM's, online loan processes, etc. no need to go into a building anymore.

Not all of us roll like you do: I don't.

By choice, I don't have a smart phone, I don't tweet, I listen to LP's and do not bank online.

Takes all kinds.

Newbiesaukee 03-02-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 367894)
I go less often now, but the local branch was a place where "everybody knew my name", always had fresh coffee. You need face to face to get signature guarantees, a physical building for night deposits, and the ATM doesn't give out a choice of bill denominations. There still seems to be a line at the end of the week when people are cashing pay checks. Yes, personal banking is a lot more online, but businesses still need a lot of service.

Not that important but my TD bank atm does give a choice of cash denominations. Not sure if all TD bank atms do so.

Descant 03-02-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee (Post 367896)
Not that important but my TD bank atm does give a choice of cash denominations. Not sure if all TD bank atms do so.

Near me, one branch offers 20's or 50's. The other one, only 20's last time I was there. Anything else, requires a teller. My local Dunkin will not take a 50.
When traveling, need small bills for tips and other incidentals. Night deposits are a big issue at times.

TiltonBB 03-02-2022 06:00 PM

There are three TD branches with advanced ATM's near where I am now.

I was amazed at how much the ATM's can do. When withdrawing cash, any denomination from 5's to 50's is available. You select how you want the bills.

When depositing checks, you can put up to 30 checks in together in a stack and it will read them all. The only time I have had any issues was when the handwriting on one check was so bad the machine couldn't read it. I get that, I could barely read it myself.

Technology is moving fast for us "seniors". I bought a new SUV and it took me two weeks to figure out how to shut off all the "nannies". From a heads up display, to lane keeping assist, to auto shut off, it was hard to get rid of all the features that I don't want. I know how to drive, leave me alone! :look:

tis 03-02-2022 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 367901)

I was amazed at how much the ATM's can do. When withdrawing cash, any denomination from 5's to 50's is available. You select how you want the bills.

When depositing checks, you can put up to 30 checks in together in a stack and it will read them all. The only time I have had any issues was when the handwriting on one check was so bad the machine couldn't read it. I get that, I could barely read it myself.

Technology is moving fast for us "seniors". I bought a new SUV and it took me two weeks to figure out how to shut off all the "nannies". From a heads up display, to lane keeping assist, to auto shut off, it was hard to get rid of all the features that I don't want. I know how to drive, leave me alone! :look:

I agree. I feel like I spend my life keeping all these goodies running.

TheTimeTraveler 03-02-2022 08:48 PM

Chase Bank has been putting up a lot of branches over the last few years, but no idea if this will be a Chase, TD, Bank of America, etc.

Whoever it is let's hope they thrive.

joey2665 03-02-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 367911)
Chase Bank has been putting up a lot of branches over the last few years, but no idea if this will be a Chase, TD, Bank of America, etc.

Whoever it is let's hope they thrive.

I wish it was Chase but they don’t have a real presence in New Hampshire

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Descant 03-02-2022 11:30 PM

service and performance

I use TD for a local checking, etc., but for service and performance I really like Cambridge Trust. Mostly, they are "personal banking " and "Wealth Management", and BTW we have a bank operation too. It's a whole different sort of operation. PM me if you need a personal banker. I am not affiliated.

phoenix 03-03-2022 08:13 AM

i use B of A and nearest branch is in Concord so wish they were closer

codeman671 03-03-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 367913)
I wish it was Chase but they don’t have a real presence in New Hampshire

They have 4-5 in NH now. One being a new branch in Portsmouth. Banks are popping up everywhere around here, so I am sure there are more on the way.

TheProfessor 03-03-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 367885)
Yes, another bank. Same for the other building further down the road near the car dealers.

My wife and I don't get it. Can't remember the last time we had a need to visit a physical back. Between online banking, ATM's, online loan processes, etc. no need to go into a building anymore. But the banks still keep putting them up. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 367895)
Not all of us roll like you do: I don't.

By choice, I don't have a smart phone, I don't tweet, I listen to LP's and do not bank online.

Takes all kinds.

Still pay my bills with paper checks and send through the US mail. Have accounts in 3 banks in Lakes Region. Visit all regularly.

Not against technology. Have already booked my flights with Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos. To the moon Alice !

Heaven 03-04-2022 08:02 PM

Does not look like a Bank to me

codeman671 03-19-2022 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaven (Post 367992)
Does not look like a Bank to me

It’s Granite State Credit Union. They have an opening soon sign up now.

joey2665 03-19-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 368531)
It’s Granite State Credit Union. They have an opening soon sign up now.

Damn was hoping it was going to be Chase

codeman671 03-19-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 368532)
Damn was hoping it was going to be Chase

You won’t have to hold your breath long… there are banks popping up everywhere!

ACME on the Broads 03-26-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 367901)

Have loved MVSB for years, however, they seem to be falling behind on ATM capabilities these last few years; when I have inquired about $50 or $100 bills, all I get for responses is "there isn't much demand for anything above $20". Guess what MVSB, that won't buy 3 gallons of gas soon! Wake up MVSB, you're about to lose customers, time to listen to your customers!