Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lost Dog (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7559)

hazelnut 04-20-2009 02:51 PM

Lost Dog

Hey, I'm Hazelnut's sister and my dog went missing this morning. We live in Sands of Brookhurst/Patrician Shores, Meredith. He is an 11 year old Golden Retriever. His name is Simba and he is very friendly. He has a good size bump on the inside of his mouth (left jaw). He is light color with a white face. No collar today!! Could you please post if you have seen him or found him. We'll come get him because we miss him dearly.

VitaBene 04-20-2009 06:51 PM

Best of luck

I hope you find your dog safe and sound!! Keep us posted

dpg 04-21-2009 06:09 AM

Sorry to hear that, might I suggest signs posted everywhere. They usually lead to lots of sighting phone calls. They help kind of track where he is, good luck.

hazelnut 04-21-2009 12:18 PM

Dog found!

Thank you to those of you who posted and those who PM'd me. My sister has just called me and told me that the dog was safe and sound at the Humane Society. I guess he was picked up on Route 25 and brought over there. Something tells me that the fact that my sister just had a baby boy a few weeks ago had to attribute to the wandering pooch. Golden Retrievers are usually a loyal bunch, although not immune to wandering off, as my Golden used to do so frequently.

Thanks again to the friendly folks on the forum! :)

ishoot308 04-21-2009 02:05 PM

Great News

Glad to hear there was a happy ending to this story hazelnut!! :)

Dan

Nagigator 04-21-2009 04:24 PM

whew!

What a relief! As a devoted dog owner, I can only imagine the joy of getting your dog home. Thanks for letting us know.

riverat 04-21-2009 05:27 PM

yip,yip hoorah! Great news!

dpg 04-22-2009 06:15 AM

Totally awesome. :D

brk-lnt 04-22-2009 09:49 AM

Good to hear he is home safe.

Woodsy 04-22-2009 10:39 AM

Hazel...

Glad to heare the pooch is ok! Cindy & I were concerned!

See you guys soon?

Woodsy

tis 04-22-2009 11:11 AM

I am glad you found your dog too! I know how I would feel if it was one of my "kids" and I don't like hearing sad stories about any animals!

SIKSUKR 04-22-2009 12:03 PM

Great news HN.I'm sure it was very "ruff" not knowing where fido was.I will now "paws" and say thanks for the safe return of said dog.:laugh:

hazelnut 04-22-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 93260)
Great news HN.I'm sure it was very "ruff" not knowing where fido was.I will now "paws" and say thanks for the safe return of said dog.:laugh:

Here we go again.....:laugh:

It's nice to see all the concern and well wishing as usual. My sister has her hands full with the baby and her husband was away, IN SWEDEN, no less. Ski coaches need to chase the snow I guess. So needless to say she was so relieved to get him back.

Woodsy, I'll be on the island this weekend. Looks like a fine weekend for boating, and there's plenty of deep water at my dock. Come on over.