Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Watercraft found adrift (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27926)

DickR 05-06-2022 09:52 AM

Watercraft found adrift

A small watercraft was found adrift in close to shore on Long Island. Provide a complete description to claim it. Marine Patrol will be notified also.

upthesaukee 05-06-2022 06:04 PM

So it begins

And so it begins:D

Dave

Hbmd123 05-26-2022 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickR (Post 370328)
A small watercraft was found adrift in close to shore on Long Island. Provide a complete description to claim it. Marine Patrol will be notified also.

We lost a blue&white stand up paddle board - we live on Long Island near the bridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Descant 05-26-2022 03:38 PM

I hate to say, "There oughta be a law", but labeling kayaks, SUP, etc. with an emergency (third party) phone number would help determine if it blew off the dock, was stolen, or worst case, somebody fell off and is drifting around the lake, unable to get to shore.

Hbmd123 05-26-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 371141)
I hate to say, "There oughta be a law", but labeling kayaks, SUP, etc. with an emergency (third party) phone number would help determine if it blew off the dock, was stolen, or worst case, somebody fell off and is drifting around the lake, unable to get to shore.

Thank you for your comment I responded to the gentleman directly thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DickR 05-27-2022 01:10 PM

The item has been returned to its owner (yay, Forum!). The Marine Patrol also was notified.

bdavies333 06-02-2022 07:44 AM

Lost Paddlboat

Hi, my blue & white paddleboat drifted off my mooring near Ambrose Cove Marina in Moultonboro Bay. Wondering if this is it. Thanks in advance, Bill D

thinkxingu 06-02-2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavies333 (Post 371355)
Hi, my blue & white paddleboat drifted off my mooring near Ambrose Cove Marina in Moultonboro Bay. Wondering if this is it. Thanks in advance, Bill D

Hi Bill, welcome to the forum. The post right above yours says it has been returned to the owner.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

gillygirl 06-02-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavies333 (Post 371355)

Check the I Boat on Lake Winnipesaukee Facebook page. Someone on the NW side of Mark Island found a blue and white paddle boat. They also reported it to Marine Patrol.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

DickR 06-03-2022 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 371399)
... Someone on the NW side of Mark Island found a blue and white paddle boat...

From Ambrose Cove to NW Mark Isl? That's quite a distance and tortuous path for anything to "drift." I suppose Mark isn't necessarily where the craft was encountered adrift. For anyone wondering, the watercraft I found/returned to owner was a different type.

gillygirl 06-03-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickR (Post 371411)
From Ambrose Cove to NW Mark Isl? That's quite a distance and tortuous path for anything to "drift." I suppose Mark isn't necessarily where the craft was encountered adrift. For anyone wondering, the watercraft I found/returned to owner was a different type.

Yeah, I didn’t think it would be the right boat, but just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app