Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Cat lost at Fay's Boatyard (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26201)

sixmile 08-12-2020 07:14 AM

Cat lost at Fay's Boatyard

1 Attachment(s)
My 6 year old Remy, a black domestic short hair, sadly escaped from his carrier as I was transporting him from the island last Tuesday before the storm. Searched everywhere, but nothing. He's the one on the left in the photo. If you see him, please respond. Thank-you.

Susie Cougar 08-12-2020 07:32 AM

steve -on-mark lost his cat last year in a similar situation. You can follow his thread from the time the cat was lost until the cat was found. He got a have a heart trap. gillygirl lived in the area and checked it every day.
Hopefully, someone like her will help you with your cat. Good luck! And don’t give up hope.

steve-on-mark 08-12-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixmile (Post 341339)
My 6 year old Remy, a black domestic short hair, sadly escaped from his carrier as I was transporting him from the island last Tuesday before the storm. Searched everywhere, but nothing. He's the one on the left in the photo. If you see him, please respond. Thank-you.

It's like deja vu! I contacted Gilford police, they arranged to have Laconia Animal control drop the Have a heart off to their office...GG was a huge help. I'm sure Fays would let you post something...best of luck to you!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Barney Bear 08-12-2020 10:14 AM

Meow

Fay's have had a resident feline for several years. Have not been in the yard for any length of time this season., so do not know if it is still there. 🐻

steve-on-mark 08-15-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixmile (Post 341339)

Any sightings..updates??

Susie Cougar 08-15-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 341638)
Any sightings..updates??

I was wondering the same thing.😺

sixmile 08-18-2020 07:16 AM

No news

Sorry to say no one has seen him. I've felt rather hopeless as the boatyard is such a huge area with so much activity, but keep looking every time I am on the mainland. Thanks for your support.

ishoot308 08-18-2020 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixmile (Post 341847)
Sorry to say no one has seen him. I've felt rather hopeless as the boatyard is such a huge area with so much activity, but keep looking every time I am on the mainland. Thanks for your support.

Sorry to hear this...You may wish to put up a "missing cat" sign with a pic at the Glendale docks.

Good luck!

Dan

Susie Cougar 08-18-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixmile (Post 341847)

Many years ago when we were traveling from Maine to Moultonborough, we had a cat that did not travel well at all and was always throwing up in the car. We stopped at a rest area by Sebago Lake and the cat immediately got out. We looked for about an hour but the rest area was huge.
Three days later we returned and nobody thought I would ever find the cat again. I was wandering through the woods calling him and I started to hear a cat meowing. I followed the sound and he was on an island in a little bog. I had to climb out on a tree that had fallen down and when I tried to stand up my feet sank in but I grabbed the cat.
I have lost and found many cats over the years. They are very resourceful and can take care of themselves. I would not give up hope. Did you read the thread about how Steve got his cat back?
I would try to do what Steve did and get a trap and have it checked periodically.

Sandy C 08-25-2020 09:53 AM

Don't give up.

If you haven't located your cat yet, please don't give up. Many times they're just too petrified to move from their hiding spot even if they hear you calling. Early morning and evening are best. Give your cat time to follow your voice (at least an hour or more.) You can post your info on these sites: catfinders.org, pawboost.com, petfinders.com and nhcraigslistlost/found, nhcraigslist/pets. The catfinders site is for NH cats and they have a lot of information there to help you out.Posters are a must. Don't give up.

steve-on-mark 08-25-2020 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You never know..this might just work!Attachment 16387

Rattlesnake Gal 08-26-2020 08:16 AM

Don’t Give Up!

Don’t Give Up! As a child our cat, also a gorgeous black beauty, went missing as we were leaving our cottage on Contoocook Lake in Jaffrey, NH we searched and searched, going back multiple times per week for more than a month, but to no avail. We alerted the neighbors, but most were seasonal. Guess who was waiting for us the following August at the cottage?! Yup! My pretty kitty! He was a bit skinnier, but oh, so happy to see us.

I pray that your babe will be found soon. (Hoping it’s much sooner than ours tho!). Good luck!

Sandy C 09-06-2020 06:42 PM

Update from anyone?

Any updates at all about this missing cat? I couldn't find any other lost pet site where this cat's info is posted.