Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boat Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Shrink-wrap / Winterizing Costs ? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27507)

bigdog 09-29-2021 06:27 PM

Shrink-wrap / Winterizing Costs ?

What are the average pricing folks are paying for Shrink-wraping ?
Winterizing I/O engines

I hear prices are up for shrink-wrap material, I suspect b/c of supply and demand.

Thanks !

tummyman 09-29-2021 06:39 PM

I have been told by my "wrapper" that cost will be $18/ft this year. This is for mobile wrap at my yard. Cannot remember what it was last year.

Loventhelake 09-29-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 362963)
Winterizing I/O engines

I hear prices are up for shrink-wrap material, I suspect b/c of supply and demand.

Thanks !

Send me a message if you need wrap and winterization.
My price for Wrap is $14 a foot this year

Loventhelake 11-18-2021 03:39 PM

I’ll be in the Meredith/ Moultonboro area wrapping a couple boats Sunday, if anyone still needs wrap send me a message

bobkatfly 11-19-2021 12:15 PM

Up 50% for me

I had been paying a very low $10 per ft. for the last 5 years. Jumped to $15 this year. I decided to cover myself with a Transhield cover. Seems to have gone on easy enough but doesn't have the height/slope I would like for snow. Its reusable so I'll recover my cost in one year and hopefully it lasts 2 or more years. We'll see how it goes this year.

GTO 11-28-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loventhelake (Post 364384)
I’ll be in the Meredith/ Moultonboro area wrapping a couple boats Sunday, if anyone still needs wrap send me a message

Sent you a P.M.

Dave R 12-09-2021 08:03 AM

Our shrink wrap cost increased from $800 to $1100 this year. We decided to still get it done, but a friend with the same size boat decided to buy a shrink wrap gun and all the supplies to do it himself on his boat. I helped out and it was not all that challenging. We'll be doing my boat too next year, for a maximum of $300 in materials. The gun and the extension wand were not cheap, but they can be used for years on multiple boats.

VitaBene 12-14-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 365079)
Our shrink wrap cost increased from $800 to $1100 this year. We decided to still get it done, but a friend with the same size boat decided to buy a shrink wrap gun and all the supplies to do it himself on his boat. I helped out and it was not all that challenging. We'll be doing my boat too next year, for a maximum of $300 in materials. The gun and the extension wand were not cheap, but they can be used for years on multiple boats.

That is the way to go! Just did the Tiara last weekend 24'X50' roll was $230. The Wellcraft only needs 17' wide wrap, that is much cheaper. I am not cheap, but am frugal!

GTO 12-16-2021 06:27 PM

Diamond Shine

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 362963)
Winterizing I/O engines

Thanks !

Just used Diamond Shine in Gilford today for the first time . They responded to me quickly and got me in today before the storm hits this weekend. Shrink wrapped my jet ski for $95 (better than the $175 Iwas quoted by someone else). Thanks Robin and the crew at Diamond Shine