Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Getting Here (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anybody know about tie-up on RT 25 Center Harbor/Moultonborough? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21073)

Newbiesaukee 08-12-2016 01:56 PM

Anybody know about tie-up on RT 25 Center Harbor/Moultonborough?

My wife has been stuck in traffic for sometime with no movement.Thanks

thinkxingu 08-12-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee (Post 267173)

Just burned through there at 2:20 with no problemos.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Newbiesaukee 08-12-2016 02:15 PM

thx...she is still stuck. The good news is that I do all the cooking so at least we will have supper.:)

WakeboardMom 08-12-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee (Post 267176)
thx...she is still stuck. The good news is that I do all the cooking so at least we will have supper.:)

My daughter was detoured around it on her way to work at Canoe from Moultonborough Neck Road. Not sure what time that was, but she's supposed to report for work at 3:00.

Newbiesaukee 08-12-2016 04:42 PM

Don't know the answer but she made it home so I can serve roast chicken with Indian spiced gravy and French lentils with porcini mushrooms.

thinkxingu 08-12-2016 04:51 PM

Huh. We're having burgers.

WINNOCTURN 08-12-2016 08:51 PM

Traffic Accident

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee (Post 267173)

It was a Traffic Accident around the area of Glidden Road, Keepsake Quilting Offices. Lots of Cruisers, Fire Trucks, at least one Flatbed Wrecker and possibly an Ambulance.

All traffic was being diverted to Lake shore Drive.

Even after things cleared it was basically bumper to bumper from the lights in Center Harbor to Moultonboro Neck.

I live on the "NECK ROAD" and use a neat short cut to get around this kind of backup when going back.

Take the "BEAN" Road to Sibyl RD then turn on to Red Hill Road. Follow it out to RT 25. Turn Left to head to the center of town or turn Right to get back to Moultonboro Neck Road.

I think it is some times faster than RT 25 with normal summertime traffic let alone a Traffic accident!

WINNOCTURN

thinkxingu 08-13-2016 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN (Post 267189)
It was a Traffic Accident around the area of Glidden Road, Keepsake Quilting Offices. Lots of Cruisers, Fire Trucks, at least one Flatbed Wrecker and possibly an Ambulance.

All traffic was being diverted to Lake shore Drive.

Even after things cleared it was basically bumper to bumper from the lights in Center Harbor to Moultonboro Neck.

I live on the "NECK ROAD" and use a neat short cut to get around this kind of backup when going back.

Take the "BEAN" Road to Sibyl RD then turn on to Red Hill Road. Follow it out to RT 25. Turn Left to head to the center of town or turn Right to get back to Moultonboro Neck Road.

I think it is some times faster than RT 25 with normal summertime traffic let alone a Traffic accident!

WINNOCTURN

Good to know--traffic on the hill has been pretty bad this year, especially if there after 4.

TheProfessor 09-21-2016 07:53 AM

There was another back up a mile or two past the Canoe - heading towards Meredith in early morning.
I turned around and took 25B.

wifi 09-22-2016 02:44 AM

The state was cleaning up the shoulders, getting ready for winter snow. They were out on 109 a week or two ago doing the same.