Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Gamble Pridham (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19987)

LIforrelaxin 10-27-2015 05:37 PM

Gamble Pridham

1 Attachment(s)
Today, I watched as my beloved Gamble Passed away. All too soon it seems but sometimes the reasons why are not easy to see or understand. I decided to share this here, because Gamble like me was in love with the lake. He would start to fuss and whine as we drove through Center Harbor, and by the time we reached the Long Island Bridge he almost couldn't contain himself. While I have had many dogs in my life, Gamble was the first dog that really seem to be made just like me.... The lake was home, and home was just a place to spend the week. It didn't matter the time of year, being in, on or around the water was what Gamble lived for.

I feel it is only fitting that Gambles name and picture will be here on this website that honors our beloved lake... The lake with out him will not be the same for me.... No it will not take me away from the lake, but next season it will be like a new chapter....

thinkxingu 10-27-2015 06:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your pup--maybe the hardest thing about being a pet owner is accepting that we'll outlive them. Hopefully, the good memories will provide a bit of solace.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

ishoot308 10-27-2015 06:18 PM

So sorry to hear that Jason... Yup it's tough when they leave us but think of the wonderful life you gave that pup on and off the island....Hope his good memories will soften the loss and make you smile often.

I've always said, If God ever made any creature better than a dog, he must have kept it for himself...

Dan

trfour 10-27-2015 08:08 PM

Keeping Faith

Sorry to here Jason... It is never easy losing our beloved dogs...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

brk-lnt 10-27-2015 08:31 PM

You know how the story ends the minute you bring them home as a pup. No amount of time is ever enough, and you're never quite prepared.

Sorry to hear about his passing, may his memory live on in the wind and waves of Winni.

gillygirl 10-27-2015 09:33 PM

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

tis 10-28-2015 06:40 AM

So sorry. Cute guy!!

salty dog 10-28-2015 07:12 AM

We are saddened by your loss. What a wonderful life he surely had, and you will always have the memories.

chipj29 10-28-2015 08:09 AM

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Gamble

Greene's Basin Girl 10-28-2015 08:49 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. When we were growing up (before a road was built) we went by boat to our place in Green's Basin. Our cats were always so anxious to reach land they would often jump into the water as we were docking and they would swim to shore. Three weeks ago I lost my beloved cat Jezzie after a long life (19 years). It is so difficult to lose our pets, but the joy we have when they are with us outweighs the sadness when they depart this world.

MeredithMan 10-28-2015 09:00 AM

“A person can learn a lot from a dog….he taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things-a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty.”

― John Grogan, Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog

VitaBene 10-28-2015 10:55 AM

So sorry Jason. It is hard to believe given that Steeler and I just saw him diving into the lake a few weeks back.

LIforrelaxin 10-28-2015 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thank all of you for your thoughts...

VB, not only was Gamble at the lake just a few weeks ago with you and Steeler, but we also made trips up there the past two weekends to do a little more closing up.

This past Sunday Gamble was jumping in the lake and acting just like normal.

This is what has made Tuesday's events are the more shocking. Gamble had health problems (seizures) but we thought we had them under control.

Here is another shot of my Buddy, where he loved to be:

donnamatrix 10-29-2015 03:51 PM

So sorry about Gamble

Jason: So sorry to hear about Gamble. It's always so difficult. When my wonderful cat Zuli died at 6 years old I would spend the next 2 weeks while driving to & from work just screeching in the car. Grief is a cloak that just settles on you. So sorry.