Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mc Kenzie’s Pub (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24086)

Barbara 01-06-2019 05:21 PM

Mc Kenzie’s Pub

I highly recommend McKenzie’s Pub next to Nolan’s in Wolfeboro. Same owner as Nolan’s but very different menu. Only open Thurs-Sunday in winter. I had the Diver scallops with bacon risotto, absolutely yummy!! My husband had an excellent steak. Check out their menu online or in their Grunter ads. Another bonus is they take reservations, a blessing during tourist times.

GTO 01-06-2019 05:57 PM

I don't get it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara (Post 306046)
I highly recommend McKenzie’s Pub next to Nolan’s in Wolfeboro. Same owner as Nolan’s but very different menu. Only open Thurs-Sunday in winter. I had the Diver scallops with bacon risotto, absolutely yummy!! My husband had an excellent steak. Check out their menu online or in their Grunter ads. Another bonus is they take reservations, a blessing during tourist times.

We love Nolans. Went there and it was full but plenty of room a McKenzies so we went there. Some wanted the same things we usually get at Nolans but were told they didn't have hem on their menu, even though they are located in the same building and the food comes out of the same kitchen. Ended up waiting to get into Nolans. I don't get the strategy.

joey2665 01-06-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 306048)
We love Nolans. Went there and it was full but plenty of room a McKenzies so we went there. Some wanted the same things we usually get at Nolans but were told they didn't have hem on their menu, even though they are located in the same building and the food comes out of the same kitchen. Ended up waiting to get into Nolans. I don't get the strategy.

Same situation as T Bones and Cactus Jacks only they do allow you to order off each other’s menu

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

GTO 01-06-2019 08:53 PM

??

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 306051)
Same situation as T Bones and Cactus Jacks only they do allow you to order off each other’s menu

Do both come out of the same kitchen or do they have separate kitchens for each

joey2665 01-06-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 306056)
Do both come out of the same kitchen or do they have separate kitchens for each

They have a kitchen on each floor but I have ordered off both menus in both places with no problem. T bones can get really crowded and you can more easily find a seat downstairs and the bar is also bigger downstairs but I will order something from the T Bones menu because Tex mex isn’t really my favorite

Biggd 01-07-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 306057)
They have a kitchen on each floor but I have ordered off both menus in both places with no problem. T bones can get really crowded and you can more easily find a seat downstairs and the bar is also bigger downstairs but I will order something from the T Bones menu because Tex mex isn’t really my favorite

Good to know. Do they have T-Bones menu down stairs or do you just order off memory?
I've gone to T-Bones a few times where the wait has been too long so we left. Tex mex is not my favorite either.

joey2665 01-07-2019 07:26 AM

No menus downstairs I just order from memory.

GTO 01-07-2019 06:49 PM

Just what I said...

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 306057)

My problem with McKenzies/Nolans, you don't have that option to order from each other's menus, even though it's from the same building, same kitchen