Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Laconia VCA Animal Hospital (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21917)

Airedale1 04-26-2017 11:59 AM

Laconia VCA Animal Hospital

1 Attachment(s)
I just want to say that we have always been treated very well at the Laconia VCA and the staff there is top notch; very professional and their love and compassion for their patients and their owners is outstanding.

Yesterday we had to say goodbye to our beloved Cooper. He had just turned 10 in March and he has been having some medical problems. When I came home today he did not meet me at the door like he always does. Instead he was just standing still and I could see right away that he was very distended. I scooped him right up and drove to our vet at the Laconia VCA. My wife met us there and together with our vet the decision was made to end his suffering. It's never an easy decision.

I'm so grateful for the time that we had with Cooper and grateful that I was able to be there hugging him in the end. He was a great dog. Now our other Airedale, Brody will be getting extra hugs and his presence will be more comforting to us than he could possibly know.

tis 04-26-2017 12:02 PM

I am so sorry for your loss!!

ishoot308 04-26-2017 12:05 PM

Very Sorry

Very sorry for your loss Airedale1... Rest peacefully knowing what a wonderful life you gave to Cooper while he was here visiting. Your wonderful memories of him will live within you forever.

So sorry...

Dan

brk-lnt 04-26-2017 01:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your boy. You did the humane thing, which is never easy, especially when the time comes up on you quickly like that.

Hillcountry 04-26-2017 02:35 PM

Toughest thing we humans have to do for our loyal, companions...very sorry for the loss of your pal...

GTO 04-26-2017 02:45 PM

Rip

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airedale1 (Post 277664)
I just want to say that we have always been treated very well at the Laconia VCA and the staff there is top notch; very professional and their love and compassion for their patients and their owners is outstanding.

Yesterday we had to say goodbye to our beloved Cooper. He had just turned 10 in March and he has been having some medical problems. When I came home today he did not meet me at the door like he always does. Instead he was just standing still and I could see right away that he was very distended. I scooped him right up and drove to our vet at the Laconia VCA. My wife met us there and together with our vet the decision was made to end his suffering. It's never an easy decision.

I'm so grateful for the time that we had with Cooper and grateful that I was able to be there hugging him in the end. He was a great dog. Now our other Airedale, Brody will be getting extra hugs and his presence will be more comforting to us than he could possibly know.

We lost our 14 1/2 year old Golden Retriever in July so we know the feeling. Sorry for your loss. There a great video on youtube with Jimmy Stewart on the Johnny Carson show about the loss of his dog, a poem he wrote. Really nice

Cindido 04-26-2017 03:41 PM

What a handsome boy. it's never easy letting our furry friends go. I miss each and every one of mine that has crossed the rainbow bridge. You were a good friend to Cooper - remember all the happy times you shared.

Biggd 04-26-2017 03:47 PM

I have a 8 year old Beagle, I'm dreading that day. Beagles tend to have long lives but at some point you have to decide if the life they are living is worth the pain and suffering, RIP Cooper.

Nagigator 04-26-2017 04:14 PM

RIP Cooper

So sorry for your loss. Our dogs, they just get right inside of your heart.

KennyFromBoston 04-26-2017 04:23 PM

I'm so so sorry for you loss. The love and joy pets bring will never be forgotten. RIP Cooper !

Tallyho 04-26-2017 04:51 PM

I'm sorry that you lost your friend, but I'm sure that you gave him a good life. They are always more than pets, they are family.

Woody38 04-26-2017 05:07 PM

Sorry for your loss. Such a young partner.
It is never easy. We now have dogs number 9 and 10. Every one is special and unique in their own way.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.

Lakemamma 04-26-2017 08:24 PM

So sorry to here about Cooper! It's not easy esp that young. Sending your family thoughts and hugs.

GBGX2 04-27-2017 04:47 AM

So sorry!

We are thinking of you and are so sad for your loss, they go all too quickly!

beantownbaby 04-27-2017 09:55 AM

So sorry for your great loss.

donnamatrix 04-27-2017 10:42 AM

RIP Cooper

Dear Airedale: the words you wrote about Cooper are beautiful. Hold him close in your heart. Soon, you will remember all the best times. I will hold you in my heart.

Airedale1 04-27-2017 05:49 PM

Thank you one and all.

Greene's Basin Girl 04-27-2017 10:17 PM

As an animal lover I grieve with you.

dpg 05-04-2017 06:32 AM

Sorry about your Cooper I also have a "Coop" he's five this summer. Seeing them suffer is the worst. As difficult as it is you did the right thing.

trfour 05-25-2017 03:36 PM

Airdale1

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to hear of your loss...