Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Have to hurry up (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6628)

VtSteve 08-18-2008 01:01 PM

Have to hurry up

and I'm absolutely not going to say why :( Is there life after Labor Day?

I was just trying to plan a trip sometime over to Winni, by next month or so hopefully. My GF's never been there, so I thought I'd plan a long weekend to show her around, maybe see the old place we had on Meredith Neck.

I'd love to go out on the Mount again, since I won't be bringing the boat over. Maybe a day and night cruise if the weather's cooperating then. I don't know how long the Mount does their cruises, hate to miss it.

I've also read where the Lobster Pound has some pretty good night life. Other suggestions are welcome.

GusMan 08-18-2008 09:45 PM

Winnie in September....

VtSteve...

By all means, plan your trip! ..... Winnie in September
can be the most glorious of months there! The water is
still warm... the Weather can be fantastic.. and most
everything is still open.. and the boat traffic is greatly
reduced.

I try to make a trip to Winnie... I'm a bass fisherman
from Massachusetts... as my last outing of the year...
usually in late October or early November.

It is pretty surreal... and wonderful!

Go... and enjoy...

Cheers...

Gusman

Winni Luvr 08-19-2008 06:53 AM

Winni in Sept

Anytime I'm at the Lake I try to hike Mt. Major, you can't beat the view from the summit. If the leaves are starting to turn at all, it's an added bonus.

If you're not bringing a boat...I'd definitely go out on the Mount or Sophie C or Doris E. I don't have a boat and if I don't get *out* on the water during my trip it doesn't feel complete for me. In fact, I am heading up this weekend with my daughter and we are doing both of the above, Mt. Major and a trip on the mailboat.

If you're looking for nightlife, seems like Patrick's in Gilford is always jumping on the weekend. Some of the other places by the Weirs close after Labor Day.

VtSteve 08-19-2008 06:30 PM

Thanks for the tip. I see the Naswa rates plummet after September 1. I'd love to come up on a Thursday night, it's only about 2 and a half hour drive. Get out on the lake Saturday, have a great dinner and maybe some Friday night life, such as it is after Labor day. :laugh: Funny how everything dies right when the lake is at it's best.

Saturday maybe a hike somewhere, might even bring the bikes if I pick a good weather weekend. Which reminds me. Where's a good place us old folks could do some quality biking?

sa meredith 08-19-2008 06:40 PM

last year...

Don't forget...last year we had a nice run of 90+ degree days in September. Don't remember the dates, but it was mid-September, and I remember grabbing several bonus tubing, swimming, boating days.
As for the "Friday night life"...ALWAYS my favorite part.
...at least when I'm not busy steering a boat into some rocks...

VtSteve 08-19-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa meredith (Post 79530)
Don't forget...last year we had a nice run of 90+ degree days in September. Don't remember the dates, but it was mid-September, and I remember grabbing several bonus tubing, swimming, boating days.
As for the "Friday night life"...ALWAYS my favorite part.
...at least when I'm not busy steering a boat into some rocks...

Stay outta them witches :eek:

We haven't had more than two nightlife nights out since last summer. we're way overdue. I'd like to stay where I know where I am, and where I don't have to drive far, or can call a cab :laugh:

Maybe I'll bring a few mil and buy a cottage :laugh::laugh:

Pineedles 08-19-2008 07:35 PM

SA is right!

Last year last of September was gorgeous! It is so unpredictable as to the weather. So sorry CLA I know you try your best.:laugh: Glad you are still with us sa, particulary with your intact boat.:laugh:

twoplustwo 08-20-2008 05:46 AM

ditto the dittos

There's no better time to visit here, IMO. Traffic eases up, everyone takes a deep breath and relaxes, and September weather is almost always phenomenal, whether warmer than expected or with a football season chill.

Airwaves 08-20-2008 05:47 PM

Hi VtSteve
RE: your question about the Mount, according to their SCHEDULE she is running until just before Halloween at least on weekends for specialty cruises.

Irish mist 08-20-2008 06:29 PM

September & October are as close as it gets to perfect up here:)
________
New Mexico Dispensary

VtSteve 08-21-2008 05:55 AM

Thanks for the Mount schedule Airwaves, I had been meaning to look that up.

jayp603 08-21-2008 07:32 AM

bring it

you would miss the stingray looking at all that water...

VtSteve 08-21-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayp603 (Post 79638)
you would miss the stingray looking at all that water...

I'd truly love to, but alas, no tow vehicle. New trucks are going so cheap now, I was tempted though. If for a week or so, it would be more practical.