Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pedal boat question (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27262)

Winni Luvr 07-24-2021 03:42 PM

Pedal boat question

Does a Pedal boat have to be registered to use on the lake? I’m bringing
mine up on our vacation next month and I don’t want to have any issues.
Excited to be getting up to the lake again!

FlyingScot 07-24-2021 04:57 PM

No--7 or 8 feet long, no power, no problem. Enjoy!

Winni Luvr 07-24-2021 10:08 PM

Thank you!

LikeLakes 07-25-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winni Luvr (Post 359256)
Does a Pedal boat have to be registered to use on the lake? I’m bringing
mine up on our vacation next month and I don’t want to have any issues.
Excited to be getting up to the lake again!

However if you are able to pedal it over 50 mph you'll be subject to speed limit enforcement on the lake.

J/K, hope you have a great visit!

XCR-700 07-25-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeLakes (Post 359287)
However if you are able to pedal it over 50 mph you'll be subject to speed limit enforcement on the lake.

J/K, hope you have a great visit!

50 MPH, lucky if you can hit .5 MPH, never used one yet that worked worth using. Virtually and row boat or canoe is 100 times better. Even as I kid I felt ripped off as they go no where for the effort you put into it.

Save the time and get a row boat, even a blow up boat is better!

LikeLakes 07-25-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR-700 (Post 359297)
50 MPH, lucky if you can hit .5 MPH, never used one yet that worked worth using. Virtually and row boat or canoe is 100 times better. Even as I kid I felt ripped off as they go no where for the effort you put into it.

Save the time and get a row boat, even a blow up boat is better!

I bought one when we had a gaggle of kids at the lake. They had a blast in it, sometimes 5 of them in the thing, as you said barely able to move no matter how fast they pedaled and half sinking. But the fun factor was well worth it, kids really enjoy pedal boats.

So yes, if you are trying to get from point A to point B almost anything is better, but for the fun factor I'm a fan of pedal boats.

LoveLakeLife 07-25-2021 08:43 PM

I stayed at the OxBow when I was a kid and they had a pedal boat. I loved it because it could get into places along the shore that the family Wellcraft bow rider couldn’t and it was peaceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

XCR-700 07-25-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeLakes (Post 359299)
I bought one when we had a gaggle of kids at the lake. They had a blast in it, sometimes 5 of them in the thing, as you said barely able to move no matter how fast they pedaled and half sinking. But the fun factor was well worth it, kids really enjoy pedal boats.

So yes, if you are trying to get from point A to point B almost anything is better, but for the fun factor I'm a fan of pedal boats.

Well even as a kid I got frustrated that they didnt go anywhere. That said there was always some odd attraction to them.

I suppose if nothing else it uses up kids energy and they really cant get far away enough to get lost, so from that perspective they may be a parents favorite toy for the kids to use ;-)