Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Thanksgiving Buffet (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28447)

puremaple 11-16-2022 11:25 AM

Thanksgiving Buffet

Is there a Thanksgiving Buffet or good option near Moultonborough? I see Red Fox and Indian Head Resort both have buffets but I may fall asleep on the ride home:laugh:

Susie Cougar 11-16-2022 05:15 PM

I don’t think you’re going to find a buffet, but you could always go to Hart’s.

The Common Man restaurants in Meredith and the one in Ashland are offering turkey dinners to go. You can order online from any of the restaurants, but you better hurry because the deadline is November 18.

TheProfessor 11-16-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie Cougar (Post 378429)
The Common Man restaurants in Meredith and the one in Ashland are offering turkey dinners to go. You can order online from any of the restaurants, but you better hurry because the deadline is November 18.

Excellent suggestion.

Hart's.
Don't know if they offer cooked turkey pieces on Thanksgiving.
The last time I had a turkey dinner at Hart's. It was processed deli style sliced turkey from a roll type turkey meat. Same as in grocery stores.

WinnisquamZ 11-16-2022 07:56 PM

Last good meal at Harts was around 1983

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Woody38 11-16-2022 08:15 PM

Had one meal at Hart's. Worst of my life. Never going back.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

Formula 11-16-2022 09:17 PM

Open restaurants

I know that the O restaurant in Laconia and the Canoe in Moultonborough is open. Not sure about buffet.

mcdude 11-17-2022 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a buffet but.....

Janet 11-17-2022 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProfessor (Post 378431)
Excellent suggestion.

Hart's.
Don't know if they offer cooked turkey pieces on Thanksgiving.
The last time I had a turkey dinner at Hart's. It was processed deli style sliced turkey from a roll type turkey meat. Same as in grocery stores.

We had our annual Hart's visit this summer. Turkey was real sliced turkey, not roll type. Delicious.

MeredithMan 11-17-2022 12:02 PM

Bashing Hart's

Hart's-Bashing seems to be a popular activity around here. I've tried non-turkey items off their menu, (scallops, haddock), and they were not good. However, we have always found their turkey dinners to be very good. We also like the Prime Rib specials that they usually have on Friday or Saturday nights.

thinkxingu 11-17-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 378453)
Hart's-Bashing seems to be a popular activity around here. I've tried non-turkey items off their menu, (scallops, haddock), and they were not good. However, we have always found their turkey dinners to be very good. We also like the Prime Rib specials that they usually have on Friday or Saturday nights.

I literally was just writing how our experience was so bad that we've not been back since then...six years ago.

It's probably a good time to give it another go, though, so maybe spring of '23?!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

joey2665 11-17-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 378455)
I literally was just writing how our experience was so bad that we've not been back since then...six years ago.

It's probably a good time to give it another go, though, so maybe spring of '23?!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Went there with my parents in September. Thanksgiving dinners are always a winner and the price me rib was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

ITD 11-17-2022 12:50 PM

Hart's is awesome, that's been my experience. It's not a Michelin star restaurant, but it's still pretty good. They catered my daughter's wedding this summer, the food was awesome. The trivia night is fun. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

FlyingScot 11-17-2022 01:42 PM

I love Hart's. It's not fine dining, it's homey delicious Thanksgiving dinner, every day of the year

root1 11-17-2022 03:20 PM

Hello Everyone!
Does Hart's still have the Friday Night 'All You Can Eat' Buffet on Friday nights?
It used to be available just fall thru spring .... no summer.
J

MeredithMan 11-17-2022 04:30 PM

No...

...the buffet was a casualty of Corona. That buffet was awesome...prime rib and turkey carving stations, multiple sides, desserts...yum..oh, the memories...

However, they do tend to have a prime rib special on many Friday and Saturday nights now, which is very good. We get it as take-out.