Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Waldo Pepper's building at the Weirs now BLAZIN' BILL'S (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12242)

Happy Gourmand 06-06-2011 04:19 PM

Waldo Pepper's building at the Weirs now BLAZIN' BILL'S

Anybody know what's going in there?

Newbiesaukee 06-06-2011 06:14 PM

Could it be another incarnation of Buffalo Bill's? I hope so...but this is pure speculation (meaning I don't know).

Happy Gourmand 06-07-2011 03:44 PM

Bill's...

or Panama Bill's? Seems like he's been all over. If it's him, seems like he needs a savvy business partner...his food has had rave reviews here.

Belmont Resident 06-08-2011 05:28 AM

Failure?

It would be nice to see something that has a chance of not failing.
Since Walo's closed it's been one failure after another at that location.
It is a tough spot with little parking and in a bad traffic location.

Mr. V 06-08-2011 10:11 AM

It would be nice if Waldo Pepper's returned ...:liplick:

eyenotall777 06-08-2011 11:05 AM

Short Term

Maybe something is going in specifically for Bike Week, just a thought

valhala 06-08-2011 11:51 AM

New Sign

Someone spent the money to put up a new sign. I believe it reads something like "Blaizin' Bills All American BBQ" , serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I did not see any opening date posted.
I also wondered if Panama Bill has become Blaizin Bill.

Newbiesaukee 06-08-2011 12:23 PM

We saw the sign today and had the same thought....buffalo,panama, or "just plain" I hope it works out.

Argie's Wife 06-08-2011 12:40 PM

I bet it's Bill (aka The Best Dang Q)... He'd said he was trying to get in somewhere near the Weirs. If so, I wish him luck! (Heck, I wish anyone luck trying to start a business in this economy...) :)

crowsnest 06-08-2011 01:01 PM

I walked by there saturday morning and there was a bread delivery at the door :eek:

valhala 06-08-2011 02:10 PM

Whoa, that will Bill's Blaizin Bun's if left out in this heat...:laugh:

All kidding aside, I hope it is a successful business. It's not easy these days.

Greene's Basin Girl 06-09-2011 01:50 AM

Where in the Weirs is his new restaurant?

crowsnest 06-09-2011 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl (Post 159507)
Where in the Weirs is his new restaurant?

Old waldo peppers (plane on Building) across from proctors cottages

Rattlesnake Gal 06-09-2011 07:22 AM

Waldo Bills - YUM!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argie's Wife (Post 159463)
I bet it's Bill (aka The Best Dang Q)... He'd said he was trying to get in somewhere near the Weirs. If so, I wish him luck! (Heck, I wish anyone luck trying to start a business in this economy...) :)

I sure hope so! The higher visibility at this location could be what this restaurant needs. He is such a nice guy with a great product. :liplick:

Hope whomever is moving in can get set up by tomorrow... the start of Bike Week! :D

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...1&d=1279239097

Overlake97 06-24-2011 09:36 AM

Not Panama Bill

I went in yesterday to pick up a paper menu, and Panama Bill was nowhere in sight. There was, however, a very friendly man and woman puttering around behind the counter. When I asked if the Bill was "Panama Bill," I just got a strange look. Looking over the menu I noticed that they don't really have much in the way of BBQ (pulled pork, but that's about it); then looking at the sign as I drove away I realized that even that does not say barbeque (just All American Grill). They do seem to think we'll like their burgers though, so I'll give them a try.

Newbiesaukee 06-24-2011 11:21 AM

I wish them the best of success, but I sure wish it had been Panama Bill.:liplick:

BLAZIN' BILL 06-25-2011 03:29 PM

Welcome to Blazin' Bills All American Grill!

Hello all, we have just joined this site and wanted to clarify some info and let you know we are here! The old Waldo Peppers Building in Weirs Beach now houses Blazin' Bill's All American Grill, hence the name..come try our Buffalo Wings, bone in or boneless, we also have flame broiled burgers, chicken fingers, homemade pulled pork, breakfast all day, clam strips and more! My name is Karen, I am the assistant manager, the owner, Blazin' Bill, is NOT in any way affiliated with "Panama Bill", we are brand new and would love to meet as many new faces as possible, come on in, we are open M-F 6am to 11pm, and weekends 6am to 3am, not only that, but we DELIVER!!! Come try our food, decide for yourselves! Hint: like waffles....ask for Bill's "special Belgium waffle" piled with fresh fruit, whipped cream and drizzled in chocolate syrup!

Thank you all for reading!

Karen

Nagigator 06-25-2011 06:45 PM

good luck........

Thanks for the intro............will stop by when in the area, best of luck in your new buisness!

jetskier 06-25-2011 10:48 PM

Stopped by tonight

We decided to stop by tonight for a late dinner. This reminds me of the original Waldo Peppers (sans plane). The food is all freshly made and reasonably priced. The service was friendly and attentive. We ordered burgers and pulled pork and everything was great.

I talked to Karen and she told me that they will be adding lobster rolls to the menu soon.

If you liked Waldo you are going to like Blazin' Bills. My only critique is that they could use a little more interior lighting. It looks closed from the outside even though there is a lit "open" light.

Jetskier:cool:

Overlake97 06-26-2011 06:44 AM

Open until Three AM on weekends?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZIN' BILL (Post 161129)
we are open M-F 6am to 11pm, and weekends 6am to 3am

Now there's something you don't see often in the Lakes Region. Hope it's not a misprint. :)

ishoot308 06-26-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZIN' BILL (Post 161129)
Hello all, we have just joined this site and wanted to clarify some info and let you know we are here! The old Waldo Peppers Building in Weirs Beach now houses Blazin' Bill's All American Grill, hence the name..come try our Buffalo Wings, bone in or boneless, we also have flame broiled burgers, chicken fingers, homemade pulled pork, breakfast all day, clam strips and more! My name is Karen, I am the assistant manager, the owner, Blazin' Bill, is NOT in any way affiliated with "Panama Bill", we are brand new and would love to meet as many new faces as possible, come on in, we are open M-F 6am to 11pm, and weekends 6am to 3am, not only that, but we DELIVER!!! Come try our food, decide for yourselves! Hint: like waffles....ask for Bill's "special Belgium waffle" piled with fresh fruit, whipped cream and drizzled in chocolate syrup!

Thank you all for reading!

Karen

Karen;

Will you deliver to boats at the Weirs docks??

Dan

Rattlesnake Guy 06-26-2011 12:00 PM

Reminded you of Waldo's

Did a friendly Marine come out and give you a big hug? Some things are just impossible to duplicate.:)

We will give it a try when we are in the area.

TiltonBB 06-26-2011 03:41 PM

Friendly Marine

I checked. Bill is a friendly Marine. He did his time! He assured me that he will hug the right people!

There will probably be some exceptions. You know who you are! (Just for the record I had lunch but I passed on the hug)

BLAZIN' BILL 06-26-2011 05:58 PM

Delivery to the docks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 161187)
Karen;

Will you deliver to boats at the Weirs docks??

Dan

Yes we can arrange delivery to the weirs docks we could supply menus to those in need and arrange for delivery, We include all of the Weirs area

ishoot308 06-26-2011 05:59 PM

Great Service

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZIN' BILL (Post 161227)
Dan this is blazin bill yes we can and will provide that service to you and others there was a plastic clear mailbox on a post over there with a couple of old sushi thia menu;s in it look for our menu soon breakfast lunch or dinner we will deliver to the dock

Well that's great news and a great service to us boaters Blazin Bill! Can't wait to try out your place!

I hope you and your business do well!

Dan

Mr. V 06-26-2011 06:05 PM

Is there a fee for delivery?

What is the customary or expected tip for delivery?

Rattlesnake Guy 06-26-2011 06:06 PM

BLAZIN' BILL's 366-2627

BLAZIN' BILL 06-26-2011 06:58 PM

NO misprint

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlake97 (Post 161182)
Now there's something you don't see often in the Lakes Region. Hope it's not a misprint. :)

Yes its true friday and saturday nights we are open til 3am for your late night cravings

BLAZIN' BILL 07-02-2011 06:44 PM

delivery fee

there is no set deliver price it is icluded in the price of the meal. A tip is not required but is often given based on the speed and quality of the delivery on time friendly service
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 161233)
Is there a fee for delivery?

What is the customary or expected tip for delivery?

BLAZIN' BILL 07-02-2011 06:56 PM

SAT Night Special

For all of you out there Blazin' Bill is in a pretty good mood so therefore i am offering a special tonight from Eight pm until 11pm come in say hi and mentioned you seen this and you will get 1 entree at 1/2 price with one paid full price entree. And also remember we will be open late tonight for those of you that get those late night cravings for good food. So come on down

kauriel 07-03-2011 02:41 PM

hours for 7/4

Does anyone know if Blazing Bills will be open regular or special hours for the fourth?

BLAZIN' BILL 07-04-2011 09:22 AM

hours for the fourth

Quote:

Originally Posted by kauriel (Post 161946)
Does anyone know if Blazing Bills will be open regular or special hours for the fourth?

Hours for the fourth of july are as follows 6am til 11pm

Happy Gourmand 07-04-2011 10:01 AM

Blazin' Bill....how's business? Those are some grueling hours! You are in a great location...Have a great summer

BLAZIN' BILL 07-04-2011 11:35 AM

hows business

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand (Post 162004)
Blazin' Bill....how's business? Those are some grueling hours! You are in a great location...Have a great summer

business is slow but steadily increasing so i wont complain i am still considered the new guy and i guess the word is just starting to spread so it can only get better. Thanks for asking and you also have a great summer

Overlake97 07-05-2011 08:52 AM

Closed on Thursday?

Blazin Bill: I stopped by on Thursday, June 30th at 2PM to try some pulled pork, but you were CLOSED. Sign in window said something about not being able to take credit cards, etc. Can you explain? :confused:

Lexxi 07-05-2011 11:13 AM

Waldo's !!!

I so miss Pepper..........Love you !!

Don 07-05-2011 12:30 PM

Bill: After spending a week at the Weirs I have a few suggestions if you don't mind. You need more visibility! The old Thai building has not changed much and I think that many people drive by without even realizing that a new business is open. Giving the building a more eye-catching look would help but some simple signage would too.

The other day I noticed that you did have an employee at the curb holding a sign and waving. Good idea but unfortunately it was a makeshift cardboard sign and I couldn't read what it said. Go to the sign shop or art store and have some bright and readable signs made up that could be held up or just put on a two sided easel. "Come in for Breakfast", "Lunch Special...", "Dinner Special...", etc. would remind people driving by that you're open and give them an idea of what's on your menu. Rotate the signs often to show that your business is active.

It would also be great to see your menu online (is it already?). At least post it on this thread which has already been viewed over 3000 times.

Good luck with BLAZIN' BILL'S!

jetskier 07-05-2011 01:15 PM

100% Agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don (Post 162116)
Bill: After spending a week at the Weirs I have a few suggestions if you don't mind. You need more visibility! The old Thai building has not changed much and I think that many people drive by without even realizing that a new business is open. Giving the building a more eye-catching look would help but some simple signage would too.

The other day I noticed that you did have an employee at the curb holding a sign and waving. Good idea but unfortunately it was a makeshift cardboard sign and I couldn't read what it said. Go to the sign shop or art store and have some bright and readable signs made up that could be held up or just put on a two sided easel. "Come in for Breakfast", "Lunch Special...", "Dinner Special...", etc. would remind people driving by that you're open and give them an idea of what's on your menu. Rotate the signs often to show that your business is active.

It would also be great to see your menu online (is it already?). At least post it on this thread which has already been viewed over 3000 times.

Good luck with BLAZIN' BILL'S!

We have been in twice; the second time we were the only customers. The quality of the food has been very good and we will certainly be back. However, the dark dining room and amateur signage is really hurting you. It is so dark that even when the open sign is lit, the business looks closed. In addition, the cardboard sign outside does not show well. Invest in some improved lighting and signage. As I said, the food quality is first rate and the prices are reasonable. In this economy you need to market, market and market. Did I mention market? :D

Best of luck!

Jetskier:cool:

Greene's Basin Girl 07-06-2011 02:53 AM

We stopped by Blazin' Bill's on Monday for lunch and they were closed.

Hshag 07-06-2011 06:26 AM

I drove by Blazin' Bill's on Saturday. I saw the guy holding the cardboard sign. I had to read fast but I think the sign said "Blazin Bills practices unfair labor practice"

sa meredith 07-06-2011 09:59 AM

???????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl (Post 162171)
We stopped by Blazin' Bill's on Monday for lunch and they were closed.

Closed on the 4th of July????? Are you sure?

dpg 07-06-2011 10:59 AM

Interesting to me Bill hasn't responed yet/again?? :confused:

ironhorsetim 07-06-2011 11:36 AM

:eek: maybe he's busy running a business....:laugh:

valhala 07-06-2011 11:37 AM

Blaizin Bills' Picket Sign ?

We also drove by over the weekend and saw two people holding cardboard signs that read something about unfair labor practices. Very unfortunate.
Maybe something personal ?
I will give Bill's a try and judge on my own. But, I do agree that the place needs better advertisement, or signage.
Hope Bill responds.

kauriel 07-08-2011 10:54 PM

We went to Blazin Bills Weds for lunch and it was very good. Still no credit cards but thankfully we had cash and lunch was very affordable!

We greatly enjoyed the cheeseburgers and onion rings and can't wait to try it for breakfast!

I personally don't like burgers, subs, etc. for dinner so I would only want to go back for breakfast or lunch because there were very few dinners on menu. Hopefully the menu will expand over time because the food and service was excellent :)

Happy Gourmand 07-09-2011 11:05 AM

Blazin' Bill's for Breakfast

Blazin' Fast it wasn't....
...but it was very good...and worth the wait.
There were only 2 people working the breakfast "crowd" on this Saturday morning, Blazin' Bill in the kitchen (that's a guess) and a waitress on her third day of employment. She was very pleasant, but obviously overwhelmed as every table (6 of them) was filled. In fact, if their service had been faster, they would have been able to accomodate the 3 or 4 parties who walked in and turned around and walked out. We waited a good 10 minutes before we even got our coffee.
I ordered the Weirs Beach Triple plate...3 eggs...3 sausages...3 pieces of bacon....hash and 3 pancakes. My wife had 2 eggs, sausage and hash. Everything was very good and cooked as ordered.
There were some comments above making reference to some labor issues, there wasn't any picketing this morning.
The place was clean and appeared to be well kept. It doesn't seem like it is set up for efficiency, but I'm sure they will figure that out and rearrange some of the equipment.
In spite of the long wait to be served, we were happy to see that quality wasn't sacrificed for expediency. Besides, we try to not be in a hurry when we're at the lake.
If you're not in a hurry, and lucky enough to have an available table when you walk in, give Blazin' Bill's a shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Lexxi 07-26-2011 12:00 PM

Pepper

I hhope you got my reply message !!!! Just saw it today !!!!
We will look for you !!!! We will be up in 18 more days !!!!!