Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Parking for snowmobile trailer (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24180)

Eyeboat 02-09-2019 09:55 AM

Parking for snowmobile trailer

What are the best options for parking when trailering for access to the trail systems around Moultonborough

MAXUM 02-09-2019 10:25 AM

Only place I know of is the parking lot over off 171 near the base of the castle in the clouds trail.

ultrarider 02-09-2019 11:44 AM

You can also park at Canoe King, then go south on 19 up over Castle in the Clouds, or continue south to Polly's crossing, then the the Wolfeboro Snack Shack etc.

Lakegeezer 02-09-2019 12:26 PM

Village Kitchen

If you ask, sometimes it is OK to park at the back of the Village Kitchen parking lot. There is only room for a few trailers and customers obviously have priority, but it is sometimes an option.

Eyeboat 02-09-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 307280)
Only place I know of is the parking lot over off 171 near the base of the castle in the clouds trail.

I did see that on the map. How many trailers can fit there?

GTO 02-09-2019 06:25 PM

Try this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyeboat (Post 307279)
What are the best options for parking when trailering for access to the trail systems around Moultonborough

I have parked next to the Red Hill Dairy in Ctr Harbor before. I asked at the red hill gas station first. You can catch the trail system by driving up the road between the ice cream place and gas station. At the end go right towards Moultonboro or left towards Meredith

SAB1 02-10-2019 06:31 AM

There also is small area on rt171 where the powerline crosses the road about a mile and a half south of the Tuftonboro transfer station. Usually enough room for a couple trucks. 19 mile bay also has a big lot

Eyeboat 02-10-2019 08:21 AM

Village Kitchen looks great. You can connect to both the Green and Red systems and a section of the clubs too

Eyeboat 02-10-2019 08:32 AM

How is parking and access around Meredith Bay? Has anyone taken 15 north from there?

Eyeboat 02-17-2019 10:48 AM

fyi Village kitchen has no snowmobile signs posted all in the back

WINNOCTURN 02-22-2019 12:07 PM

Moultonboro Car/Trialer Parking?

There used to be parking at the Moultonboro "SKATING RINK".

Off of RT 25 road that goes down to REC Area. Between Unique Restoration and Nancy Goss's Office.

If you know the name of this Street please post it to this thread.

Thanks,

WINNOCTURN

VitaBene 02-22-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyeboat (Post 307528)
fyi Village kitchen has no snowmobile signs posted all in the back

The VK only has no snowmobile signs where they don't want snowmobiles, mostly protecting pipes, etc. They do have room for parking trucks and trailers. They have snowmobile parking for 40 plus sleds behind the restaurant.

VitaBene 02-22-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN (Post 307667)
There used to be parking at the Moultonboro "SKATING RINK".

Off of RT 25 road that goes down to REC Area. Between Unique Restoration and Nancy Goss's Office.

If you know the name of this Street please post it to this thread.

Thanks,

WINNOCTURN

Unfortunately, the town shut snowmobile access off to the easy access to Corridor 15 when they put the new field in. You can still park there and meander through DaSilvas and cross the road at Greenes Corner, but it is not real easy.

GTO 02-22-2019 07:57 PM

Plenty of parking...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyeboat (Post 307314)
How is parking and access around Meredith Bay? Has anyone taken 15 north from there?

Plenty of parking at the Meridith ball fields. I always see trailers parked there. Trails are right there.

SAMIAM 02-23-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 307680)
The VK only has no snowmobile signs where they don't want snowmobiles, mostly protecting pipes, etc. They do have room for parking trucks and trailers. They have snowmobile parking for 40 plus sleds behind the restaurant.

Just to clear things up...The Village Kitchen welcomes snowmobiles. A big part of our winter business.
The signs are only to identify my leach fields because packed snow would cause freezing and the trail runs right around them.
Actually, the signs were placed there by the Moultonborough club as a courtesy.
Snowmobilers are welcome to park trailers along the perimeter of the parking lot.
Also lots of room at the turnaround on the east side of the restaurant on rt 25. It's right next to the trail to Red Hill

MAXUM 02-25-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyeboat (Post 307297)
I did see that on the map. How many trailers can fit there?

That depends on how nicely people park in there but it is a good sized lot. Maybe as many as 30 could fit in there. The few times I've been there never had a problem finding a spot.