Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cup and Crumb, The Boro--What happened? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28884)

FlyingScot 06-27-2023 04:00 PM

Cup and Crumb, The Boro--What happened?

Please help with some history. A while back Cup & Crumb had a terrific baker as an employee with a distinctive style. She went on to do very well on a TV show and then opened her own place, The Boro. Correct so far?

Mrs Scot reports that Cup & Crumb now has very different baked goods and a new logo; and also that The Boro's baked goods do not resemble the old Cup & Crumb baked goods although presumably they are baked by the same person.

Please advise--Do one or both of these places now have new owners? Any info on what happened to the previous Cup & Crumb style? Can somebody find me a Pop Tart?!:)

ITD 06-27-2023 05:03 PM

Someone else will come along to explain what happened, but I will say both places are still excellent.

Another place with awesome pastry is Gusto in Center Harbor. They have a new pastry chef from Europe and the pastry looks and tastes amazing!

FlyingScot 06-27-2023 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITD (Post 384783)
Someone else will come along to explain what happened, but I will say both places are still excellent.

Another place with awesome pastry is Gusto in Center Harbor. They have a new pastry chef from Europe and the pastry looks and tastes amazing!

Thanks. I did not mean to suggest otherwise.

Heaven 06-27-2023 08:04 PM

I purchased at the original Cup n Crumb when it first opened and through Covid when possible, then it was sold and I went on a "Covid Diet", but have been there a few times and it is still very excellent. I have not been to the 'boro, but my understanding is that is also very good/excellent.

BroadHopper 06-28-2023 07:39 AM

I believe Cups & Crumbs evolved from Love's Bite?

Whatever happened to Donna Love? I went to Belknap College with Mike Love.

whalebackpoint'r 06-28-2023 07:46 AM

They are all GREAT and worthy of your patronage. Support them all!

Susie Cougar 06-28-2023 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 384793)
I believe Cups & Crumbs evolved from Love's Bite?

Whatever happened to Donna Love? I went to Belknap College with Mike Love.

I believe Donna Love is still living in Sandwich or Moultonborough. Her daughter Sarah is very close friends with my niece Jillian, who also lives in Sandwich.
BroadHopper, did you graduate in 1970? I graduated in 1971.

Lkin 06-28-2023 01:41 PM

Both are awesome! Scones at c and c, sandwiches and most everything at the boro. Both make really good cappucino.

And just about everything everywhere at Gusto!

VitaBene 06-29-2023 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 384782)
Please help with some history. A while back Cup & Crumb had a terrific baker as an employee with a distinctive style. She went on to do very well on a TV show and then opened her own place, The Boro. Correct so far?

Mrs Scot reports that Cup & Crumb now has very different baked goods and a new logo; and also that The Boro's baked goods do not resemble the old Cup & Crumb baked goods although presumably they are baked by the same person.

Please advise--Do one or both of these places now have new owners? Any info on what happened to the previous Cup & Crumb style? Can somebody find me a Pop Tart?!:)

Jen Clifford was the baker at C&C. She was instrumental in its early success. She has partnered with a local couple to buy the former Subway property and start the Boro. Many menu items are named after local friends and even a dog or 2.

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/busi...16a4eb730.html

thinkxingu 06-29-2023 05:22 PM

Just past The 'Boro, and the sign says they're now open 7 days a week. Business, and employment, must be going well.

Good for them—every time I've been in, the place has been rockin' and yet they're efficient and super friendly.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

BroadHopper 06-30-2023 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie Cougar (Post 384800)
I believe Donna Love is still living in Sandwich or Moultonborough. Her daughter Sarah is very close friends with my niece Jillian, who also lives in Sandwich.
BroadHopper, did you graduate in 1970? I graduated in 1971.

Class of 1973.

Susie Cougar 06-30-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 384908)
Class of 1973.

I feel like I should know you.