Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Summer Work Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28729)

AC2717 04-29-2023 07:46 AM

Summer Work Information

Hi Everyone, Is there a spot were all or a lot of summer work gets posted in and around the lakes region. I have a 17 year old that is looking to live lakeside this summer but requires a job in order to do so. She is a very hard worker and just asked me to help out in the job search while she is at school. Normally she tackles a job like this on her own

John Mercier 04-29-2023 08:09 AM

I believe our Meredith store needs counter help.

AC2717 04-29-2023 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mercier (Post 383031)
I believe our Meredith store needs counter help.

Hi John
What store, thank you

John Mercier 04-29-2023 09:01 AM

Lavalley Middleton. 157 Main St Meredith, across from Hobo RR.

thines@lavalleys.com
mmussen@lavalleys.com

Or if she doesn't have a resume... they have paper applications at the front desk.

BrownstoneNorth 04-29-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 383030)
Hi Everyone, Is there a spot were all or a lot of summer work gets posted in and around the lakes region. I have a 17 year old that is looking to live lakeside this summer but requires a job in order to do so. She is a very hard worker and just asked me to help out in the job search while she is at school. Normally she tackles a job like this on her own

Most of the restaurants in Wolfeboro are looking for help, some in all positions. Craigslist used to be a source but now area restaurants tend to post job opportunities on their own Facebook pages, I don't know about stores. Current samples in Wolfeboro and also Patrick's in Gilford:

. https://tinyurl.com/bdt5yrs2. back bay boathouse

.https://thewickedloon.isolvedhire.com/jobs/.

. https://tinyurl.com/2bt6d6jw. Morrisseys

. https://tinyurl.com/2p8zr7vs. Patrick's

chachee52 04-29-2023 12:44 PM

If it's like the last bunch of years, she should have no issues finding a job. Just pick what type of job and start calling/asking around.
Gone are the days when we used to have to get up North during April vacation to get our job settled for the summer.

Biggd 04-29-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Everyone is looking for help!

Loventhelake 04-29-2023 01:07 PM

Check with all the marina’s, always looking for help and there’s one at least every 10 miles all the way around the lake!

TheProfessor 04-29-2023 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 383036)
Everyone is looking for help!

Exactly.

Myrtle and Marguerite at Meredith Steam Laundry may need help.

Cobalt 12 04-29-2023 04:30 PM

IF you want to work. All you have to do is pick n chose.. In today's society, it's just that easy. It's just that easy!

AC2717 04-29-2023 05:04 PM

Thanks for the obvious points and we are a working family I was just asking if there was a place where all this information was posted in one spot.
My daughter is at school and not able to get up there and drive around and see the signs so unless trying to remember every name of everything up there and searching websites individually, was looking for an alternative to the obvious of being able to drive around and be in person

Maybe getting the summer help would be easier if the information was in a central location maybe not? We all know there is plenty of work out there for anyone that wants to work.

joey2665 04-29-2023 05:15 PM

Quote:

My 16 year old just got his first job, with Walmart very flexible schedule and start at 16.00 per hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

joey2665 04-29-2023 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loventhelake (Post 383037)
Check with all the marina’s, always looking for help and there’s one at least every 10 miles all the way around the lake!

My son tried the Marinas, they all want 18 and up.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

fatlazyless 04-29-2023 05:22 PM

The State of New Hampshire website,https://business.nh.gov/NHESJobSearch/ comes up with 256 different job listings on 26-pages when you enter 'Lakes Region' and press their search button.

John Mercier 04-29-2023 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 383041)
Thanks for the obvious points and we are a working family I was just asking if there was a place where all this information was posted in one spot.
My daughter is at school and not able to get up there and drive around and see the signs so unless trying to remember every name of everything up there and searching websites individually, was looking for an alternative to the obvious of being able to drive around and be in person

Maybe getting the summer help would be easier if the information was in a central location maybe not? We all know there is plenty of work out there for anyone that wants to work.

I don't think there is a central location for summer only work. Until a few years ago, even we would not have hired anything less than full time workers.

The thought of hiring students part-time was more along the lines of discovering early talent that would develop their passions into new or expanded ventures. Become full time long term employees that added value, not just to the business - but the community as a whole.

BroadHopper 04-29-2023 07:06 PM

As FLL suggests the unemployment agency has a substantial list. Also, check with local community colleges and colleges. The Student Unions has a lot on their bulletin boards. Gilford and Laconia High School has a job posting as well.

fatlazyless 04-30-2023 06:47 AM

Craigslist-NH has job listings different from the NH-Works state employment office, plus Craigslist-jobs can be searched by an individual town location like Wolfeboro, Moultonborough, or Center Harbor.

Is probably easier for employers looking for employee to place their ad on Craigslist than to place it on NH-Works.

Biggd 04-30-2023 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 383041)

If you can narrow it down to what industry she wants to work in that may help. Restaurants are all looking for help but some employers will be better than others.

winniplayhouse 04-30-2023 07:42 AM

I would also suggest looking at the Help Wanted section of the Laconia Daily Sun. They have a good amount of seasonal jobs listed there. It's easiest to read them by opening the online version of the full paper.

AC2717 04-30-2023 08:50 AM

thank you everyone. Please also if you know of any feel free to post here as well.

skprbob 04-30-2023 10:11 AM

summer work

Check out this website for job opportunities. Most openings are galley/food service with a variety of responsibilities, mainly aboard the M/S Mount Washington. Also possible might be deckhand aboard the "small boats" - the Winnipesaukee Spirit and the US Mailboat M/V Sophie C. Again, check the website for specifics.

www.cruisenh.com