Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Peculiar happening at MHT (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27652)

Sue Doe-Nym 12-15-2021 08:58 AM

Peculiar happening at MHT

This past Monday, early afternoon, as we approached the Manchester Airport, we were pulled over by a team of Londonderry police. They were very polite, asked if we minded if they checked out our car, and a bunch of German shepherds sniffed the exterior, and off we went to drop some people off for their flight. We were the only ones stopped in a line of traffic. ?????

ITD 12-15-2021 10:33 AM

There are signs in airports saying that by entering the property you are agreeing to be subject to random searches. Of course, I have a buddy who seems to always win the random search lottery, he is an immigrant (legal) from Iran.

mhtranger 12-15-2021 02:03 PM

I work there and they do “random” checks around the holidays because of the volume of cars we see daily. No rhyme or reason for the stops.

8gv 12-15-2021 02:24 PM

Where I go in FL one can only find paper drinking straws.

My frequent trips to DD here result in a surplus of plastic straws which I save.

A few times a year a bundle of these travel to FL in my carry-on bag.

I am waiting to be sent to the Group W bench for this but it hasn’t happened yet!

baygo 12-15-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 365320)

My frequent trips to DD here result in a surplus of plastic straws which I save.

I am waiting to be sent to the Group W bench for this but it hasn’t happened yet!

Yes the group W bench. I grew up in Stockbridge in a day and time when a song was more powerful than a riot.

To the OP
Sometimes law-enforcement will stop a vehicle and search it with dogs as a display of security for others to witness.

Slickcraft 12-15-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Just don't toss the straws on the ground and get nabbed for littering:rolleye1:

Descant 12-15-2021 04:24 PM

Group W

Quote:

Thanks for helping recall a lot of memories. I never made it to Group W--but I did go to boot camp.

8gv 12-15-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 365323)
Thanks for helping recall a lot of memories. I never made it to Group W--but I did go to boot camp.

Thanks for going.

BBS3 12-16-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 365321)
Yes the group W bench. I grew up in Stockbridge in a day and time when a song was more powerful than a riot.

To the OP
Sometimes law-enforcement will stop a vehicle and search it with dogs as a display of security for others to witness.

Serendipity. I just watched a reaction video of a couple of college kids listening to this song today.

Sent from my moto g(9) power using Tapatalk

upthesaukee 12-16-2021 08:28 PM

Perhaps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 365311)
This past Monday, early afternoon, as we approached the Manchester Airport, we were pulled over by a team of Londonderry police. They were very polite, asked if we minded if they checked out our car, and a bunch of German shepherds sniffed the exterior, and off we went to drop some people off for their flight. We were the only ones stopped in a line of traffic. ?????

Perhaps it was the marijuana leaf tee shirt, long hair with flowers woven into the hair, bellbottom jeans, sandals, and driving the VW station wagon with flowers painted all over it.

Oh wait, that was a generation (or two) ago. Maybe it was the random "next (insert your favorite color) vehicle that comes down the road" check. At least you and your friends will have a topic of conversation for years to come. And when you do go over it, I hope you get a good :D:D:D:D over it. ;)

Dave

Sue Doe-Nym 12-16-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 365343)
Perhaps it was the marijuana leaf tee shirt, long hair with flowers woven into the hair, bellbottom jeans, sandals, and driving the VW station wagon with flowers painted all over it.

Oh wait, that was a generation (or two) ago. Maybe it was the random "next (insert your favorite color) vehicle that comes down the road" check. At least you and your friends will have a topic of conversation for years to come. And when you do go over it, I hope you get a good :D:D:D:D over it. ;)

Dave

Actually, we figured it was the two hot chicks in the front seat (us) who grabbed their attention. Our husbands were too polite to correct us, but I did catch a couple of eye rolls from the back…..😂

VitaBene 12-17-2021 07:19 AM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhtranger (Post 365319)
I work there and they do “random” checks around the holidays because of the volume of cars we see daily. No rhyme or reason for the stops.

Thanks for the info!