Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Restaurants with heated, outdoor seating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26396)

Merrymeeting 09-30-2020 04:33 PM

Restaurants with heated, outdoor seating

For those who would still like the occasional restaurant meal, but may not yet be comfortable eating inside, it would help to know of restaurants that have reasonably heated outdoor seating areas.

Please use this thread to post those establishments where you can eat outside while still being reasonably comfortable, assuming appropriate clothing and expectations.

For example, we ate at Elacoya month. They have a large tent for outside eating that has sides that can be closed. I didn't notice if they had heaters. If they close some sides to block wind, do they leave others open? (Seems it would defeat the purpose of being outside if they are all closed)

Slickcraft 09-30-2020 05:22 PM

We ate in the tent at Ellacoya several times this summer when the side flaps were open. We went there last week on a 70 deg day and the side flaps were closed. We asked if they could be opened to accommodate outdoor dining. The disappointing answer was a firm no. So we went down to Shibley's and sat on the deck.

IMHO dining in a tent with side flaps closed is not outdoor dining relative to Covid-19. So I don't think that heated tents will show up with flaps down being no safer than inside (Pilots please take no offense). In our case no dining out for maybe the next 7 months.

Alan

joey2665 09-30-2020 05:32 PM

I did notice today that Canoe took their tent down.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Phantom 10-01-2020 06:36 AM

Last night there was one brave couple eating outside in the low 60 deg temperatures.

Brrrrr

joey2665 10-01-2020 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 344443)
Last night there was one brave couple eating outside in the low 60 deg temperatures.

Brrrrr

Which restaurant?

Phantom 10-01-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 344449)
Which restaurant?

Oh -- me bad

Ellacoya Barn & Grill

Merrymeeting 10-01-2020 10:07 AM

We ate outside at the Atlantic Grill in Rye a little more than a week ago. It was a cool, low-60's night. But their patio has ceiling heaters and we were dressed in layers enough that it was comfortable. Probably wouldn't have worked at another 5 degrees lower. But still hoping we can get another month or so of outside eating.

sum-r breeze 10-01-2020 01:34 PM

Fratellos

Fratellos has an outdoor area in their parking lot with those rotating flame
propane heaters running. I think it's a very nice ambiance and a very attractive way to warm things up. The food is always good so if the atmosphere is nice too you can't miss

The Breeze

MotorHead 10-01-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sum-r breeze (Post 344472)
The food is always good.
The Breeze

Meh, the food is OK. It will do in a pinch.
Piano music is great, though it is indoors.
The one in Nashua is better, great gift certificate sale at Christmas time.

Italian Farmhouse is a much better choice.

WinnisquamZ 10-01-2020 03:00 PM

Being under a roof or tent with sidewalls and heat still considered being outside? The idea was open air and spacing.

Biggd 10-01-2020 03:12 PM

The weather forcast for October is warmer than normal so if it holds true then outdoors with heaters will work a little longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Descant 10-01-2020 03:53 PM

we adapt

Funny how things work. How many of us have eaten outside at a ski area in the winter, 20F? Or picnicked sitting on a snow bank when cross country skiing or snowshoeing? We adapt. We ate outside at Lyons Den early in the season and they had a stack of washable blankets available. They really know what they're doing.

Biggd 10-01-2020 05:13 PM

I went to Prague about 10 years ago in January and everyone sat outside at the restaurants with heaters at the tables.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Mr. V 10-07-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 344481)
I went to Prague about 10 years ago in January and everyone sat outside at the restaurants with heaters at the tables.

"Czech, please."

fatlazyless 10-08-2020 09:32 AM

........ outdoor restaurants?

"In poorly ventilated indoor settings, like most restaurants and bars, the virus can remain suspended in the air for long periods and travel distances beyond six feet, Dr. Marr and other researchers said."

"The best way to clean the air in a room is to replace it with air from the outside by placing a small, non-oscillating fan in a window."

"Even just opening windows six inches can dramatically change the air exchange rate."

"The virus thrives in dry air."

Quotes taken from 'How to Keep the Coronavirus at Bay Indoors' - NY Times, Sept 27, 2020

"Everyday you wake up healthy is one more great day." - Jean Harlow, famous movie actress who died from influenza at age-26 on June 7, 1937

chachee52 10-08-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 344477)
Being under a roof or tent with sidewalls and heat still considered being outside? The idea was open air and spacing.

I've been thinking about this question cause I agree. This is my theory, just for this restaurant.
They have basically NO tables inside right now, yes it's 100% with following the guidelines which put barely any tables inside due to the layout. So by having the tent with the sides, it's a little warmer, but also its just adding tables so they can at lease still sit people.
I don't know if this is exactly true but at this location, it makes sense to me.
Just a thought!