Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Am I the only one to miss snowmobiling? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5083)

Coastal Laker 08-28-2007 02:32 PM

Am I the only one to miss snowmobiling?

Is there anyone else out there who misses their snowmobile?

I'm not ready for the boating season to end but I got all kinds of excited to hear about the Almanac's prediction for this winter.

Am I crazy?

AC2717 08-28-2007 02:36 PM

nope

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Laker
Is there anyone else out there who misses their snowmobile?

I'm not ready for the boating season to end but I got all kinds of excited to hear about the Almanac's prediction for this winter.

Am I crazy?

you are not crazy but just hold off on the feeling, like I am, I love both seasons but never want the summer/boating season to end!

Skip 08-28-2007 02:38 PM

Nothin' crazy about that.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Laker
...Am I crazy?...

If you are, then that makes two of us! My machine is almost showroom new even though this will be it's third season....just keeping my fingers crossed that the Almanacs have it right this year!!!:)

Paugus Bay Resident 08-28-2007 02:52 PM

We just sold ours (due to lack of use the last few years), so that should be an omen for a great winter :D

BTW, CL thanks for the storage!

Skip 08-28-2007 02:54 PM

What are friends for.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paugus Bay Resident
We just sold ours (due to lack of use the last few years), so that should be a omen for a great winter :D

Thanks PBR....we owe you a great debt of gratitude! ;)

Paugus Bay Resident 08-28-2007 02:57 PM

Glad to do my part :cheers: We may head south this winter and try a warm vacation for a change.

Zee 08-29-2007 11:32 AM

Vroooommm...

Can't wait! Last year got to such a slow start. I hope the snow gods are looking at how well I have behaved this summer. Think snow!!!...in December.

ossipeeboater 08-29-2007 12:35 PM

No your not crazy we are already planning the first trip of 07/08 for end of November in Canada. I love the lake but I love snomobiling just as much. Just wish spring and fall were shorter seasons as theres not much to liek about them, no sledding and no boating since I'll be pulling the boat right after labor day due to kids sports.

jeffk 08-29-2007 02:05 PM

Not quite yet

I love the lake in the fall. Boating is a lot less crowded and it's easier to get docking space and into restaurants. But once mid October comes, BRING IT ON. :coolsm:

DRH 08-29-2007 07:25 PM

We Hear Ya'!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip
If you are, then that makes two of us! My machine is almost showroom new even though this will be it's third season....just keeping my fingers crossed that the Almanacs have it right this year!!!:)

Quilt Lady and I anxiously await the next snowmobiling season. We each got our first machines a couple years ago and they only have a few hundred miles on them as a result of the relatively light snowfall the past couple winters. We love cruising around the frozen lake (with a good snow cover!) and we're really looking forward to the upcoming winter, but we also want to enjoy the rest of the 2007 boating season. As retired lake residents, we are very fortunate in that we can enjoy all four seasons here! That reminds me ... got to stock up on some firewood soon! :D

Skip 08-29-2007 07:31 PM

Riding the Lake, meetin' friends & Mee-n-Mac!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRH
Quilt Lady and I ... love cruising around the frozen lake (with a good snow cover!) and we're really looking forward to the upcoming winter...

I did get to cruise the east side of the Lake several times late this past season, especially over Wolfeboro way....but never got over to your side of the fence. I still want to make the trip over your way and meet you & the misses, maybe get a little personal tour of the sites you are so familiar with over there.

Let's hope there's enough snow & ice this year to make it happen....'cause Mee-n-Mac still owes me a frosty beverge and he can't let mother nature welch out another year on that debt! :)

nightrider 09-07-2007 07:09 PM

gas on!

The Nightrider is anxiously awaiting frozen H2O. Registered in Maine last season as well as NH. Went to Eagle Lake early for a nice 4-day ride. Alas, it was another low snow winter around Winni. We're due for a big winter. I'll be in the green bobhouse in Winter Harbor this year while not sledding. Always welcome Forum memebrs to drop by and say hello. May even crack a cold one with you. Keep the track side down.

chipj29 09-08-2007 08:37 AM

No you are no alone, and no you are not crazy. :)

SAMIAM 09-09-2007 08:07 AM

Last week, durring that brief period of cool weather,I started my machines.I used to "summerize" them ,but now,leave the batteries in.I start them and move them just a little so that the belts and tracks won't develop a flat spot. Sweet was the sound!

Lakegeezer 09-09-2007 08:28 AM

Fall trail crews

If you have time, get out and help your local snomo club get the trails ready for spring. It will get you on the trails before it snows, introduce you to some fellow riders, and help you get into better shape. The clubs need your help!

Wolfeboro Matt 09-09-2007 11:01 AM

Used to own... sort of

I'd hedged for years on buying one - wasn't sure if I'd get enough use out of it. Then my brother bought a couple and I didnt have to hedge any more! :)

Sadly, he sold it a few years later and I've been without since. Does anyone know if there is a rental place anywhere near Wolfeboro?

Thx!

nightrider 09-17-2007 07:20 PM

Not good for the engine

Last week, durring that brief period of cool weather,I started my machines.I used to "summerize" them ,but now,leave the batteries in.I start them and move them just a little so that the belts and tracks won't develop a flat spot. Sweet was the sound!

SAMIAM......Starting the engine periodically during the summer is not good for it. Unless you run it long enough to get it really hot, there will be the by-product of combustion, water, remaining in the crank case. Water can damage the bearings if it collects next to them, Better to summerize, pour oil into the crank via the spark plug holes, and not start the engine until December. Pull the plugs occasionally during the summer and turn the primary clutch by hand to bathe trhe crank in the oil that was poured in there.

Coastal Laker 12-20-2007 10:18 AM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paugus Bay Resident (Post 55547)
We just sold ours (due to lack of use the last few years), so that should be an omen for a great winter :D

BTW, CL thanks for the storage!

Just want to say thanks. You're omen did the trick. We had our first "warm up" ride of 80 miles on Dec 9th (got stuck in snow up to our hips) and will next be going up to camp for a long New Year's weekend of snowy bliss.

:D

BroadHopper 12-20-2007 10:41 AM

Good Omen!?!?!?!?

I notice I have not registered my sled in 3 years. Guess it is time to use it. The sled fired up but will not run. A trip to the shop confirm that the ethanol ate my carburetor gaskets. Ouch! Expensive! Hopefully the snow cover this year will make it worthwhile.

eyenotall777 12-20-2007 10:53 AM

Where?

Coastal Laker,

If you don't mind my asking, where did you go? JW as most trail do/did not officially open until 12/15 mostly due to landowner permission, this is the date. I know some very limited trails were open on 12/8 way, way up North, but again 12/15 is the date, one for snow, but mostly to respect landownders who give permission. We would not have most of our trails if it were not for them and we need to abide by them or lose them;)

WeirsBeachBoater 12-20-2007 10:56 AM

Pretty sure their camp is in Maine.