Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tup Goodhue has Passed (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26111)

SAMIAM 07-27-2020 05:55 AM

Tup Goodhue has Passed

There is no place except the boating thread that is proper for this announcement.
A legend in the boating business. a great dad, raising his son after his wife Tammy passed unexpectedly and a wonderful friend to so many.
Tup passed away peacefully last night

tis 07-27-2020 06:22 AM

That is sad.

BroadHopper 07-27-2020 06:38 AM

Gilford Resident

I knew him since the '50's. Grew up by Ellacoya, I walked to the boatyard to see all the speedboats, and hanged out with Tuppy and his brother John.
Kept in touch all these years, I envy his spirit with all the ups and downs.
May he rest in peace.

upthesaukee 07-27-2020 06:57 AM

Great kid

Got to know Tup when our family had a trailer in Two Pines Trailer park, just up from the boat yard. Had some interesting rides doing water taxi service out to Welch's and other islands. Also a personal tour of "Hellzapoppin" when it was in the quonset hut building.

Rest in peace.

Dave

Descant 07-27-2020 09:07 AM

Good memories

Sad news. Way back when. The Goodhue's were legendary in the boating industry and Tup was a big part of that. Enjoyed water ski races, cruises on the Tip It and the Drop Trou. Now, who has the pink paint duty?

Rest in Peace, Tup.

BroadHopper 07-27-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Water (Post 339901)

Didn't think it was still around! Glad it found a nice home!
Remember well Tup and John's ski boats through the years. Hydrodynes with twin Quicksilver Mercs, Missles with Tower of Power et al. The old man had access to Mercury Racing arsenal.

About the quonset hut, my Uncle Dick Persons built it! It was one of his first concrete project when he returned from Europe after WWII. He learn the craft helping to rebuild the Eoropean countries.

LIforrelaxin 07-27-2020 09:17 AM

May he RIP.... a lake region legend....

BroadHopper 07-27-2020 11:03 AM

The Rock

1 Attachment(s)
Whose the new keeper?

VitaBene 07-27-2020 11:35 AM

I was able to spend some time with Tup Friday. Tup was a great guy who lived a hell of a life. He will be missed by all that he met.

His friends at Buckeys will ensure that the rock is maintained:)

SAMIAM 07-27-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 339920)
I was able to spend some time with Tup Friday. Tup was a great guy who lived a hell of a life. He will be missed by all that he met.

His friends at Buckeys will ensure that the rock is maintained:)

Sammie and I brought him over a strawberry shake for lunch yesterday
He looked better than he has in months.Said he was feeling much better.Told him I'd pick him up and bring him down to CH docks where he likes to hang out.
Totally thought he was bouncing back until I got a call from his brother that evening that he was back in the hospital......found out from his daughter this morning that he had passed last night.We're pretty shocked and sad for the kids.

BroadHopper 07-27-2020 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
reminiscing the 'Glory Days' of racing!

wmm1971 07-27-2020 03:21 PM

So sad r.i.p

So sad he will sure be missed

Barney Bear 07-27-2020 04:02 PM

Now We Know

It's nice to learn who kept the Nipple Rock nippy. :D

VitaBene 07-28-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 339934)
Sammie and I brought him over a strawberry shake for lunch yesterday
He looked better than he has in months.Said he was feeling much better.Told him I'd pick him up and bring him down to CH docks where he likes to hang out.
Totally thought he was bouncing back until I got a call from his brother that evening that he was back in the hospital......found out from his daughter this morning that he had passed last night.We're pretty shocked and sad for the kids.

Max brought him to Buckeys Friday afternoon, it was good seeing him! He lived a life!

TheProfessor 07-28-2020 05:52 PM

A Lakes Region legend.

Naturally talented.

Knew his daughter - who graduated from the US Naval Academy.

NH.Solar 07-28-2020 07:19 PM

Infectious never ending smile of a timeless soul...
I bought my first hot boat (a 17" Sutphen, never was lucky enough to have a Magnum) from Tup as a wide eyed young lake kid and still remember the best days of my life as those that floated in that small boat.
I'd see him Tup now and again at Gunstock or as stand in at one of Buckey's open nights and it was always a joyful treat. Wail away on that harp forever my friend and know that you have left a legacy in everyone that was lucky enough to have known you

Old Hubbard Rd 07-28-2020 09:09 PM

Tup!!!

OH NO!!! Tup was such a nice guy!!! He was always excited to see everyone! I am sooooooo bummed out right now. Oh boy

BroadHopper 08-04-2020 06:55 AM

Orbituary

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/comm...edb7d6c58.html

FlyingScot 08-04-2020 10:36 AM

Remembrance

Those wishing to salute Tup can do so at a Go Fund Me set up to benefit the lake at his family's request. It's a nice write up even if you don't want to donate:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/in-loving...cp+share-sheet

mowtorman 08-11-2020 09:57 PM

Center Harbor

I missed seeing Tup there this weekend. Not seeing him the previous weekend made me wonder. So many people that worried about their boats being scratched never knew how lucky they were to have his help when they couldn't dock. So many people had a day on the lake and avoided Sea Tow and marinas because of his help and they never knew his name. Never about money just because he enjoyed it. Most that knew him know he never lost his touch behind the wheel. Last summer he punched his foot down like second nature. We rattled through the Center Harbor buoys like someone was chasing us. My only regret is that he wanted to go out another time and like so many things we didn't get there. Maybe another kind soul will take his place and continue his legacy.

VitaBene 08-12-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowtorman (Post 341324)
I missed seeing Tup there this weekend. Not seeing him the previous weekend made me wonder. So many people that worried about their boats being scratched never knew how lucky they were to have his help when they couldn't dock. So many people had a day on the lake and avoided Sea Tow and marinas because of his help and they never knew his name. Never about money just because he enjoyed it. Most that knew him know he never lost his touch behind the wheel. Last summer he punched his foot down like second nature. We rattled through the Center Harbor buoys like someone was chasing us. My only regret is that he wanted to go out another time and like so many things we didn't get there. Maybe another kind soul will take his place and continue his legacy.

I'm happy to say that his son Max is also a kind soul and is now working at Goodhue Boat Company turning wrenches and learning the trade!

JEEPONLY 08-12-2020 05:14 PM

Congratkulations Max

I know Max well- truly a kind soul and a fine human being!

Good luck to Max and Goodhue Marine & Firearms! (Or is he at the Wolfeboro owned company?)

Patofnaud 08-12-2020 07:16 PM

Tup was the one who painted the wall murals at the mini-golf behind Buckey's if anyone stops in there wants to see one of his works (other than nipple rock :).

VitaBene 08-18-2020 07:48 AM

Service 8/18

Tup's family and friends are holding a zoom service today culminating in a boat parade from CH town dock, passing nipple rock amongst other of Tup's spots! Boats leave CH at 430 PM today 8/18.

mowtorman 09-17-2020 10:52 AM

Closure

The town of Center Harbor will be installing a permanent bench in Tup's name in his favorite spot below the shade tree.

BroadHopper 09-17-2020 04:03 PM

Celebration of Life

I was told John held a Celebration in Sandwich a while back, with close associates of the family. I was never notified even though I knew the whole family since the late '50s.

I was told by John there will be no public CoB in the future despite what it says in his LaDaSun Obit.

Anyone heard otherwise?

mowtorman 03-05-2021 07:26 PM

Tup in retirement

1 Attachment(s)
Always ready with his tools

Descant 03-05-2021 09:53 PM

Yes. Many of us were close, or well acquainted with the Goodhue family and parting is hard.

mowtorman 06-11-2021 10:43 AM

Closure

1 Attachment(s)
Newly installed at Center Harbor docks.

WinnisquamZ 06-11-2021 11:07 AM

Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app