Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marketplace (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   wanted house boat pontoons (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28588)

john habbe 02-02-2023 02:04 PM

wanted house boat pontoons

Looking for two pontoons off a small to mid size boat that is being parted out. Want to make a raft to bring large supplies out to our island cottage. Any condition as long as they do not leak. Thanks.

TiltonBB 02-02-2023 04:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I built a couple of pontoon boats with pontoons I bought from dealers.

Sometimes new boat pontoons get scratched or dented during transport and the manufacturers send replacement pontoons to the dealer. You can just call around to new pontoon boat dealers and some have pontoons laying on the ground. If you get one with minor damage put it on the inside. The last set I bought came from Rockingham Boat in Hampstead, NH.

The important thing to keep in mind is the diameter has a substantial effect on capacity. There are charts online that will tell you how much the different size pontoons will hold. I wouldn't go any smaller than 24 inch diameter so that it will have a decent weight carrying capacity.

Winilyme 02-02-2023 05:47 PM

That second photo is where I'd like to be RIGHT NOW.

LIforrelaxin 02-03-2023 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john habbe (Post 380897)
Looking for two pontoons off a small to mid size boat that is being parted out. Want to make a raft to bring large supplies out to our island cottage. Any condition as long as they do not leak. Thanks.

Send me a PM, I have a 24' 1999 Sylvan pontoon, that is still very functional that I am looking to sell this spring....My guess is we could probably strike a deal, for the same amount of money you would spend to build something. It is in very good shape for its age, as it spent most of its life on the trailer and in a barn according to the original owner when I bought it. The only down side at this point, is that it doesn't have a trailer....

ishoot308 02-03-2023 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 380918)
Send me a PM, I have a 24' 1999 Sylvan pontoon, that is still very functional that I am looking to sell this spring....My guess is we could probably strike a deal, for the same amount of money you would spend to build something. It is in very good shape for its age, as it spent most of its life on the trailer and in a barn according to the original owner when I bought it. The only down side at this point, is that it doesn't have a trailer....

Sent you an email...

codeman671 02-03-2023 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 380918)

Interested. What does it have for power? Looking for something to turn into a barge as well.

LIforrelaxin 02-09-2023 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 380929)
Interested. What does it have for power? Looking for something to turn into a barge as well.

It has a 60 H.P. Merc. BigFoot......