Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Obedience Trainers in LR? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8047)

gravy boat 07-08-2009 07:47 AM

Obedience Trainers in LR?

Good morning!

We just rescued another sheepdog and he is B.I.G. While he has the basics down and, as all dogs, obeys if food is involved, we are still establishing the alphas -- hubby and me. We believe it will be advantageous to attend obedience training ASAP with Bo. We live in Gilford - does anybody have a facility/training class they are willing to recommend? Evenings are best as we both work days, but we can also do weekends.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

GB

Treerider 07-08-2009 09:39 AM

obedience trainers

OHHHHHHHH!! I thought you were referring to the NH Marine Patrol....:laugh:

Quilt Lady 07-08-2009 10:16 AM

Doggy School

Check out the New Hampshire Humane Society's website. They have a link to obedience classes that start July 13th and go for several weeks on Monday evenings. I know nothing about the classes but it is close to home and very soon. Hope this helps.

tis 07-08-2009 05:31 PM

I think there is a new one in Wolfeboro on Bay Street. I hear good things.

weim2 07-09-2009 07:11 PM

Adult Ed in Laconia and the Community Center in Laconia will offer classes in the fall. Or you can try J&J Printing in Gilford, Carolyn Bancroft for some private classes now. She does the Adult Ed in Laconia. Don't forget to get a kennel cough shot prior to going to class. I didn't and my dog got kennel cough.

gravy boat 07-11-2009 06:49 AM

Dog Obedience

Thank you all!
GB

winnipugs 07-16-2009 07:36 PM

amazing trainer

there is a trainer on bay st in wolfeboro. assertive k9 training 986-9897 his name is jim, and he does amazing things with dogs in a very short period of time and his rates are reasonable. he also has a retail supply store.

luvmypups 07-24-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnipugs (Post 100022)
there is a trainer on bay st in wolfeboro. assertive k9 training 986-9897 his name is jim, and he does amazing things with dogs in a very short period of time and his rates are reasonable. he also has a retail supply store.

I was going to suggest Jim also. He does a very good job and probably has the most reasonable prices around. He trained my parents HUGE ( 115pnd ) German Shepherd puppy and really changed him around, as he thought he was the boss but quickly learned he wasnt ;)

Lisa Clutters 09-17-2009 01:55 PM

The best obedience training in the lakes region- paws down!

Hi Gravy Boat. Call Kelly Arborgast of Doggonitnh. She is hands down the best in the Lkaes region and trains using positive reinforcement.
www.doggonitnh.com. She has credentials, works for the ASPCA and the NHHS with their animals. Wonderful all around caring person. 603-729-3669