Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Italian Farmhouse (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22678)

thinkxingu 10-07-2017 06:53 PM

The Italian Farmhouse

Haven't seen anything about this place on here, so here goes: after a couple years of being told by friends that we should try it, we finally got there tonight and it was awesome. Fried ravioli and Italian chicken wings made great appetizers, veal parm and chicken/broccoli/ziti were excellent entrees, and the Shirley Temples were on point! The only issue we had was that the entrees came out a little too close to the appetizers, but it was very busy so we were totes OK with it.

Great experience--only wish it were a bit closer.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Hillcountry 10-07-2017 08:02 PM

Been there once a couple of years ago and I agree, it was very good!
I had the veal parm as well...

boat_guy64 10-07-2017 08:44 PM

Italian Farmhouse

shhhhh......I thought this place was my secret. We "discovered" it a few years ago.

I like almost anything they make and have tried quite a few different items.

However, the bread bar and the desserts are absolutely fantastic.

Last year, they opened a small snowmobile trail to it from trail 8. I'm looking forward to going by sled this year.

ishoot308 10-07-2017 08:59 PM

Common Man??

This is part of the Common Man chain of restaurants correct??

Dan

Doobs41378 10-07-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 286463)

Dan

Yes it is. We have been before and enjoyed ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

MOXIE 10-07-2017 09:11 PM

Farmhouse

I have been to the Farmhouse a few times and always ordered the veal parm. I found it to be very good, but, I think Fratillo's in laconia is a notch up. I grew up in the Boston area, and great Italian food is one of my passions. Fratillo's veal is a little thinner and more tender. I am also very critical of sweet sauce. Fratillo's sauce is sweetened by removing the acids and I think the Farmhouse adds a bit of sugar. This just puts a mask on the acidity of the tomatoes.
Also, Fratillo's Sicilian sausage soup is rather addicting.
Just my 2cents, I love good food and will talk with anybody about it.
Peace My Friends, Moxie

thinkxingu 10-08-2017 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 286463)

Dan

It is. I was going to mention that in my original post, but didn't want to complicate it. Since you brought it up: one thing I really appreciate about the Common Man restaurant group (as a general rule, I hate chains) is that the products and offerings are distinctly different between locations. My only disappointment with the group, really, is that it can't get Town Docks' food right enough to justify going, even with arguably the best view on the lake. (Joe Green's in Wolfeboro also applies here).

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

fatlazyless 10-08-2017 06:09 AM

Supposedly, have been told the new building under construction out back, same Italian Farmhouse lot, is for group food get together's, like weddings, and meal events. Does that look like a big, old barn, or what?

gillygirl 10-08-2017 07:30 AM

Oh, fll, get with the program. Barn weddings are in right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

JEEPONLY 10-08-2017 04:16 PM

It. Farmhouse

Been to the IT.F many times. Food quality, ambiance, portions and pricing all are great!. It seems that their alfredo sauce (sometimes?) includes nutmeg ... doesn't seem right to me, but ... Have asked waitstaff- they concur.

Biggd 10-09-2017 06:11 AM

Love the Italian Farmhouse. The only problem I have is filling up on bread before the meal. Their bread bar is addicting.
My grandson is a Freshman at Plymouth State so we will be a regular there for the next four years.

stynx55 10-09-2017 05:50 PM

We love it, was there this weekend, food was great.