Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Walter’s Basin (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28544)

Jeanzb1 01-14-2023 10:36 AM

Walter’s Basin

Four of us enjoyed a delicious early dinner in Holderness at Walter’s Basin yesterday. It has just been completely remodeled and has wonderful big windows overlooking Little Squam. All of our meals were terrific, and especially the French Onion Soup! We can’t wait to go back!

Biggd 01-14-2023 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 (Post 380370)
Four of us enjoyed a delicious early dinner in Holderness at Walter’s Basin yesterday. It has just been completely remodeled and has wonderful big windows overlooking Little Squam. All of our meals were terrific, and especially the French Onion Soup! We can’t wait to go back!

We've been there many times. I don't know if it changed ownership, I know it was for sale a few years back. It has been pretty good the past few years but before that we had a few visits that weren't so great.

Resident 2B 01-15-2023 02:13 PM

Walter's Basin has always served us a great meal, be it lunch or dinner. I have not seen their remolded interior, but we will hopefully see it soon. Love the views of the vintage boat house and fueling dock.

R2B

retired 01-25-2023 10:53 AM

They have the best french fries in the lakes region. We eat there whenever in the Squam area.

garysanfran 01-25-2023 09:58 PM

Maybe the "On Golden Pond" affect is waning. I've never found anyone under the age of 35 who knows the movie.

If I remember, they do not have fried clams. The seafood casserole is great.

VitaBene 01-26-2023 10:59 AM

Great spot- need to check out the remodel. We kept our boat at Squam Boats for years. Walters was a bowling alley then!

BroadHopper 01-26-2023 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 380710)
Great spot- need to check out the remodel. We kept our boat at Squam Boats for years. Walters was a bowling alley then!

If I remember correctly, they had duckpin as well as candlepin bowling.

SAB1 05-13-2023 07:04 AM

Made the drive and hit this for a change of pace last night. Very good trip. Food and service were great. View of lake nice and the beers were affordable! Will be back for sure.

ishoot308 10-15-2023 03:31 PM

Finally Made It!

Seven of us went to Walter’s Basin last night and had a great time! Service was exceptional and our waitress (Ya Ya) was fun and attentive. Everyone except one loved their food, the only iffy meal was a steak that was ordered and I have to say after trying a bite, it was just OK at best. Everyone else’s food was very good to great! The snowball deserts were fabulous!

One of the things I really like about this place is they give you plenty of room between the tables! Definitely not crowded in at all!

All in all a fantastic experience and we will definitely be back!

Dan

thinkxingu 10-15-2023 05:21 PM

Four of us visited Walter's for lunch today, and it was better than our last visit a few years ago.

The seats by the window were really hot from the sun even today, and that area is not nearly as spacious as what Dan mentions (which is the seating above).

Food was good, though I would've liked more than one piece of pork belly with my pork belly burger. The highlights were the honey sriracha chicken wings, maple syrup Brussels sprouts, and pear and pecan salad special.

Service was great as well.

Walter's is the quintessential NH lakeside restaurant, and they continue to do a great job.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

SAB1 10-15-2023 08:40 PM

Been there a good 10 ten times or better since July. Never disappointed.

garysanfran 12-06-2023 01:02 AM

Major Renovation began 12/4...

Saw the posting on facebook. Looks like they've totally gutted the place; kitchen, bar & dining room.

camp guy 12-06-2023 10:34 AM

Walter's Basin

Does anyone know what prompted the renovation - change of ownership, damage, updating? Sometimes a big renovation takes place and when they finally re-open it "just isn't the same" and popularity falls off.

garysanfran 12-06-2023 01:28 PM

Based on any narrative in the post, I would say it's the same owners.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?...er%27s%20basin