Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Need Lower-Priced Lawn Service (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17811)

ApS 07-01-2014 07:41 AM

Need Lower-Priced Lawn Service

1 Attachment(s)
In the Wolfeboro area, an acquaintance is looking for a less expensive lawn service. I don't have a lawn service to compare prices, so is this normal?
A bill from March is attached.

It appears that the bill for February was even more costly! :eek:

brk-lnt 07-01-2014 07:56 AM

Depends on the property. Is this for a cabin, or a compound?

Honestly, the bill looks about average to me for a quality (reliable) property management service.

BroadHopper 07-01-2014 08:17 AM

Property Management

in the area appears to be more and more expensive and lazier and lazier. If you find one let me know!

jmen24 07-01-2014 01:19 PM

I know one thing, whomever created that invoice needs to think about standardizing their service pricing! That thing is a written contradiction and would likely generate many phone calls requiring explanation of why the same line item has two or more costs associated with it.

Adding a quantity line would save many headaches and would likely increase the M% a tick or two!

I also like that the Check #'s were redacted, as if they are somehow unique identifiers to an account. I know you can never be to careful, just found it amusing.

For the record, without any idea of the size of the property or what the company's modifiers for individual services are, nobody can answer your question!

Also, why is the payment listed in the invoice, post dated by 2 months?

VitaBene 07-01-2014 04:30 PM

Why

Why are you plowing when you live in FL all winter??

brk-lnt 07-01-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 227916)

He said it was for an acquaintance.

wickedtravelah 07-02-2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 227916)

If the property was empty but the boiler was set to keep the house from freezing....they would have to keep the driveway clear so they could get oil deliveries.

dpg 07-02-2014 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedtravelah (Post 227943)
If the property was empty but the boiler was set to keep the house from freezing....they would have to keep the driveway clear so they could get oil deliveries.

That's going way overboard for an oil or gas delivery (if that's the case.) Plus, why would you salt and sand so much? Gee maybe I should move up there and start clearing snow all winter?? That bill times another 10 residences? Not to shabby...

fatlazyless 07-02-2014 06:25 AM

"If you have to ask, then you probably cannot afford it."

J P Morgan
1837-1913

But than again, all the winters back then were olde fashioned winter.

.....u-know....down at J.R.'s discount on Rt 104 in New Hampton, for about 15-dollars you can pick up a quality leaf rake and a snow shovel.....at the same time!