Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   North Water Marine (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26917)

mowtorman 04-13-2021 06:33 AM

North Water Marine

The answering machine says "formerly Thurston's Marina". That makes a trifecta.......Winni Marine, Flightcraft, now North Water Marine a complete Weirs rollover.

MeredithMan 04-13-2021 06:59 AM

There were rumors circulating for much of the last year that they were selling.

When my parents first came to the lake in 1973, they bought their first boat from Don Thurston, Sr, ( a 1974 Wellcraft ). They were one of Thurston's early customers, (Thurstons bought the marina in 1972, I think?). The Thurston "kids" who now run, (ran?), the place are now in their 60's and 70's, so perhaps time to cash in and check out....??

AC2717 04-13-2021 07:34 AM

So are you saying that all three are now owned by the same company??

LIforrelaxin 04-13-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 353586)

No ..... I think what the OP is getting at is that, there are new sherriffs in town.....

Channel Marine, is out and WinniMarine is in its placed (owned by Winnisquam Marine)

Thurstons is out with North Water Marine in its place (owned by ????)

And Anchor Marine moved, with New England Flight Craft in its place (owned by New England Flightcraft)

TiltonBB 04-13-2021 08:29 AM

And........................There may be news at Irwin Marine in the near future.

codeman671 04-13-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 353586)

North Water Marine was registered with the State in March as an LLC by someone in Wolfeboro named Robert Conrad.

panther 04-13-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 353601)
North Water Marine was registered with the State in March as an LLC by someone in Wolfeboro named Robert Conrad.

The Rifle Man now in the marina business!:look:

MeredithMan 04-13-2021 02:10 PM

Sorry, wrong cowboy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 353605)
The Rifle Man now in the marina business!:look:

Chuck Connors was "The Rifleman"; Robert Conrad was in "The Wild, Wild West" :eek:;)

AC2717 04-13-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 353601)

interesting search on the name when looking

WinnisquamZ 04-13-2021 03:33 PM

I bet you can’t knock off this battery from my shoulder? I dare you

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 04-13-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 353607)
Chuck Connors was "The Rifleman"; Robert Conrad was in "The Wild, Wild West" :eek:;)

Somebody is showing their age! Oh, wait, I remember those shows...nevermind. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

codeman671 04-13-2021 07:14 PM

The full story is in the Laconia Daily Sun.

betterthanbacon 04-13-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 353590)
No ..... I think what the OP is getting at is that, there are new sherriffs in town.....

Channel Marine, is out and WinniMarine is in its placed (owned by Winnisquam Marine)

Thurstons is out with North Water Marine in its place (owned by ????)

And Anchor Marine moved, with New England Flight Craft in its place (owned by New England Flightcraft)

Not as recent or in the Weirs. But also Goodhue taking over Shep Browns.

AC2717 04-13-2021 08:24 PM

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...98a4479ee.html

MeredithMan 04-14-2021 07:16 AM

hahah...

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 353614)
Somebody is showing their age! Oh, wait, I remember those shows...nevermind. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

As I tell my wife, I am only 29. Of course, I just celebrated the 30th anniversary of turning 29, but still....:D

fatlazyless 04-14-2021 09:04 AM

As a Thurston's Marina Evinrude outboard dealer for the last 49-years, and with Evinrude/Johnson voluntarily discontinuing outboards in June, 2020, what will the new North Water Marine be doing for outboard motors?

North Water Marine will be row, row, row, rowing their boats, new and used with all wood oars and paddles in different lengths made by www.cavinesspaddles.net and http://www.norquayco.com/collections...-canoe-paddles.

Say good-bye to outboards , and hellooooo to oars and paddles at North Water Marine! .... ;) ..... and be on the look-out for rowers, rowing up and down the Weirs Channel who face backward while they row forward.

The star boat for their 2021 rental fleet is predicted to be a 20' pontoon powered by four rowers using eight oars ...... all together now ...... row-row-row the pontoon ...... down the channel from North Water Marine! ....... ugh-ugh-ugh ..... :D!

Weirs Bridge Marina ....... what's the better name for this new marina business? ...... North Water Marine or Weirs Bridge Marina ...... if it was up to me I would definitely go with Weirs Bridge Marina ...... that new name, North Water Marine has LESS going for it compared to Weirs Bridge Marina .... for a name ...... don't you think! ..... North Water Marine is somewhat meaningless ...... while Weirs Bridge Marina has location and name recognition identity.