Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fish Tales (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Opening Day (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18944)

Steveo 03-31-2015 03:29 PM

Opening Day

Well believe it or not tomorrow is Opening Day for fishing. I can't wait to see the pictures of everyone crammed on the bridge in Alton Bay or Governors Island bridge. Can't believe there will be any room for boats anywhere.

Steveo 04-01-2015 04:55 PM

April Fools Day

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't resist, had to go up and see Opening Day. All the buzz, fishermen, boats and lines in the water. I truly wish this was an April Fools joke but it is not:

Got to Alton Bay at 11:00am and there was one man fishing off the bridge but he was packing it up. As you will see from the picture there was a sliver of water open under the bridge. There was a man fishing from the Mt Washington dock but he had to crack an opening into the ice scrim in order to get his line into the water. And he sat in his car to keep warm watching his rod.

I remember at time when Upthesaukee (Dave) posted a picture from the bridge on opening day and it showed it out to the bandstand. Not fair to repeat a April Fools joke:

upthesaukee 04-01-2015 06:20 PM

Thanks..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steveo (Post 242521)
I couldn't resist, had to go up and see Opening Day. All the buzz, fishermen, boats and lines in the water. I truly wish this was an April Fools joke but it is not:

Got to Alton Bay at 11:00am and there was one man fishing off the bridge but he was packing it up. As you will see from the picture there was a sliver of water open under the bridge. There was a man fishing from the Mt Washington dock but he had to crack an opening into the ice scrim in order to get his line into the water. And he sat in his car to keep warm watching his rod.

I remember at time when Upthesaukee (Dave) posted a picture from the bridge on opening day and it showed it out to the bandstand. Not fair to repeat a April Fools joke:

I thought about it, but as one who has his free NH Fishing License and was looking forward to opening day, I though better of it in the end.

(It did take almost an hour of using a clone tool in Photo Shop Elements to turn the ice into nice blue water. :D)

CraigFerraro 04-02-2015 08:39 PM

You got me

You got me for sure. Would it be accurate to say the best days for salmon on the fly are the first ten days after ice out?

Merrymeeting 04-04-2015 06:16 AM

Nice to see a boat on the Wolfeboro docks webcam this morning.

While it will be late month, I still think ice-out happens in about 3 weeks. Water temps rising. Starting to see ice bergs breaking off on some of the other webcams. Sunshine and high temps next weekend. Bring on Spring!

Misha888 04-04-2015 09:24 PM

And to think . . .

there were about 7 different sleds going in and out of Smith Cove today over the broads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 242619)
Nice to see a boat on the Wolfeboro docks webcam this morning.

While it will be late month, I still think ice-out happens in about 3 weeks. Water temps rising. Starting to see ice bergs breaking off on some of the other webcams. Sunshine and high temps next weekend. Bring on Spring!

Tired of Waiting 04-05-2015 09:50 AM

Really

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misha888 (Post 242652)
there were about 7 different sleds going in and out of Smith Cove today over the broads.

Were they trolling?

Maybe not salmon fishing but ice fishing. Course I never did know how to fry an ice fish!

ToW