Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wolfeboro RiteAid (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14844)

Chaselady 09-20-2012 06:43 PM

Wolfeboro RiteAid

What is up with the RiteAid in Wolfeboro. Every time we are in there the staff seems cranky and uncooperative. Anyone else experiencing this?

Belmont Resident 09-20-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaselady (Post 191245)
What is up with the RiteAid in Wolfeboro. Every time we are in there the staff seems cranky and uncooperative. Anyone else experiencing this?

Makes sense, Laconia one is pretty much the same.
Cheaper then Walgreen's and CVS but that is abut all Riteaid is known for.

beagle 09-21-2012 07:51 AM

not my experience

I am in there almost every week during the summer and have not felt this at all. In fact when wandering around someone usually asks if I am looking for something and they help me find it. Also, pleasant checkouts, except for the long lines this summer (all of WB had lots of lines this summer). I never have my card with me and they always are happy to look it up. Sorry that you have not had a similar pleasant experience.

CateP 09-21-2012 12:58 PM

I have had a very nice shopping experience at Rite Aid this past year. Really friendly staff and generally clean store. Pharmacist was good too.

RLW 09-21-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaselady (Post 191245)

http://i44.tinypic.com/1499wms.gif Chaselady, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.:)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e56yqf.gif

RLW 09-21-2012 05:30 PM

I haven't had the experience that you have had, it is always very pleasant at the Wolfeboro as well as the other 2 or 3 I have done business with.:)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e56yqf.gif

Chaselady 09-21-2012 07:01 PM

Well I guess we must be hitting the store on their "off" days. Of the last 4-5 times we have gone in there we have had bad impressions.
It's good to know others have been more impressed. I guess we will have to see.
Thanks for the welcome to the forum!

tis 09-22-2012 08:40 AM

I have never cared for Rite Aid in Wolfeboro and know lost of relatives and friends who don't like their attitude either. I have seldom gone there lately, because after the first few years I gave up and only go there as a last resort. So they may be better than they used to be- I can only speak from the past. Every time one of my friends or I went we had a "Rite Aid story" to tell about the treatment. And I must say that is the only store in town where we told stories about our treatment in a store.

Belmont Resident 09-22-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 191349)
I have never cared for Rite Aid in Wolfeboro and know lost of relatives and friends who don't like their attitude either. I have seldom gone there lately, because after the first few years I gave up and only go there as a last resort. So they may be better than they used to be- I can only speak from the past. Every time one of my friends or I went we had a "Rite Aid story" to tell about the treatment. And I must say that is the only store in town where we told stories about our treatment in a store.

For prescriptions I now use Walmart. Cheaper and cheaper is better. :D

old coot 09-22-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 191349)

I couldn't agree more tis. Have you ever been through the Gestapo like "stand behind the red line" routine at the pharmacy counter?
There's also an old sourpuss at the front counter.

barefootbay 09-22-2012 05:14 PM

The Wolfeboro Rite Aid Pharmacy department has been rude from day 1

Barbara 09-23-2012 09:01 AM

I've never had a problem with Rite Aid, including the pharmacy. The staff has always been helpful and friendly. Try giving a smile and a " How are you?" and you might be surprised at what you get back.

I appreciate having a large drug store so conveniently located in Wolfeboro.

Chaselady 09-23-2012 09:56 AM

There are obviously inconsistencies in their service, by the differences in experiences posted on the forum.
I enjoy a large store also.....but miss the CVS we had before, where a smile was met with a returned smile, not a staff person turning their back on you and walking away.

Lakesrider 09-23-2012 12:43 PM

The days of the friendly Malt shop are long gone. Along with the Local A&W Root Beer drive in. Most folks are disillusioned with the economy and management just doesn't d anything to bolster morale in the work place. Work ethic is just not the same these days. I know my parents instilled a good work ethic in me and I carried that through my whole life so far. I don;t think parents do enough to get their kids to work hard and be polite anymore. I just don't see it anyways....(Not everyone of course, there are still a few good parents out there.....:D)

tis 09-23-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara (Post 191378)
I've never had a problem with Rite Aid, including the pharmacy. The staff has always been helpful and friendly. Try giving a smile and a " How are you?" and you might be surprised at what you get back.

I appreciate having a large drug store so conveniently located in Wolfeboro.

I am insulted by your remark. I am always friendly and nice to people when i go in a store so that is NOT the problem. And I don't think all the rest of the people in Wolfeboro- and there are a lot who don't care for this pharmacy-go in with a bad attitude.

Rusty 09-23-2012 05:15 PM

Probably 50% of the women I talk to about Rite Aid don't like the place. However 100% of the men I talk to do not have any problem with anyone there.
I have never had a problem with anyone there...I guess it doesn't hurt to be tall dark and handsome though. :D

I walk in and get a smile from everyone and they will even talk to me about anything and everything.

Seriously though, many times women will not be greeted the same way a man will. Most stores have women who wait on you and I have seen some pretty good cat fights between sales staff and women customers.

I never really worry about how the staff of a store treats me as long as I can find what I want and then be on my way.

Chaselady 09-23-2012 05:18 PM

I would tend to agree with you, Rusty....but my husband has also been treated poorly also. It was so bad he had to speak up to the person .

tis 09-23-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 191399)
Probably 50% of the women I talk to about Rite Aid don't like the place. However 100% of the men I talk to do not have any problem with anyone there.
I have never had a problem with anyone there...I guess it doesn't hurt to be tall dark and handsome though. :D

I walk in and get a smile from everyone and they will even talk to me about anything and everything.

Seriously though, many times women will not be greeted the same way a man will. Most stores have women who wait on you and I have seen some pretty good cat fights between sales staff and women customers.

I never really worry about how the staff of a store treats me as long as I can find what I want and then be on my way.

I know men who don't like the place either. Old coot above is one of them. Again, though, I must say I haven't been there more than 6 times in the last 3 years because I avoid it. I don't know if Linda is still there but she was/is nice.

Tall, dark, and handsome??????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Grant 09-24-2012 09:02 AM

But who wouldn't want to return to the days of Tobey's and Hall's pharmacies? (And, while we're at it, Carly's Barber Shop, Lakes Region Sports, Schillereff's Bovine...the list goes on and on...)

old coot 09-24-2012 09:09 AM

The people who run the Care Pharmacy in the Wolfeboro Shopping Center seem nice enough.

jack1706 09-24-2012 09:38 AM

I'm with you Lakesrider.... ssoooo true !

I have yet to be treated with a smile there and I ALWAYS greet everyone..

Been through the disaster about waiting behind the line drawn on the floor at the pharmacy( and yelled at )(what line?) and waited until all the employees finished their personal conversations to be waited on and pushed out ....

I too avoid this place.... i never had a good experience there and have HAD to go more times than I wish I had to. Prices are extremely high too

dpg 09-24-2012 10:46 AM

Chaselady - go somewhere else.......Problem solved.

tis 09-24-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant (Post 191427)
But who wouldn't want to return to the days of Tobey's and Hall's pharmacies? (And, while we're at it, Carly's Barber Shop, Lakes Region Sports, Schillereff's Bovine...the list goes on and on...)

Tobey's and Halls, were the best at least until Don sold Halls. But you know, if you want that old time feeling go to Care Pharmacy down by Harvest Market. They are just so nice in there, you can't believe it. They go above and beyond to help you out. The store is not that big but the pharmacy seems to have everything. I have only had to get scripts there twice but they have been so helpful. Just as everyone I know doesn't like Rite Aid, everyone I know likes Care. And no, I don't know them personally.

Jonas Pilot 09-24-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 191446)
Tobey's and Halls, were the best at least until Don sold Halls. But you know, if you want that old time feeling go to Care Pharmacy down by Harvest Market. They are just so nice in there, you can't believe it. They go above and beyond to help you out. The store is not that big but the pharmacy seems to have everything. I have only had to get scripts there twice but they have been so helpful. Just as everyone I know doesn't like Rite Aid, everyone I know likes Care. And no, I don't know them personally.

Do you know who owns Wolfeboro's Care Pharmacy?

tis 09-24-2012 02:43 PM

No, I don't. And I thought I knew everything about Wolfeboro! :D I think there is one in Rochester too, so they might be from there.

barefootbay 09-24-2012 06:28 PM

Right as usual Tis.

Acrossamerica 09-24-2012 08:24 PM

Care Pharmacy

Care is a small chain all owned by the same parent co. They have Wolfeboro, Rochester, Dover and Epping. All are located nearest to senior housing as they cater primarily to seniors. The Dover shop offers a large candy section and also sells groceries as there is no supermarket at that end of town.

ApS 09-25-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefootbay (Post 191462)
Right as usual Tis.

Ditto...:)

RailroadJoe 09-25-2012 06:30 AM

Acrossamerica Its in Epsom not Epping for Care Pharmacy. Also there is a Hannaford market in south Dover on 108 heading towards Durham.

Acrossamerica 09-25-2012 11:32 AM

RR Joe

That would be why I could never find the one in Epping if you are correct. As to the Hannafords on the Durham Dover road, that is one heck of a long walk if you live in the vicinity of Care Pharmacy and are a senior citizen. Plus Hannaford is there to catch the Durham folks who don't want to pay convenience store prices at their local superette.

RailroadJoe 09-25-2012 01:51 PM

Acrossamerica. You are not the only one on Epping. I confuse the the two Epsom & Epping all the time. Only way I remember is the there is a rotary in Epsom. You are right on the long walk from Care to Hanniford. I believe the Care Pharmacy at one time, I think, was an A&P market.

Now back to the lake and Wolfeboro Rite Aid

beaner 10-28-2015 08:58 AM

Walgreens buyout of Rite Aid...good news?!

We're hoping that the proposed Walgreens buyout will bring about much-needed change at Wolfeboro Rite Aid, which has long been our pharmacy of last resort. Our customer experience has been similar to what Tis reported above. We haven't filled a prescription there in years, driving to Alton Hannaford when Care hasn't been open. Maybe the situation has improved in recent years? If not, a good "housecleaning" is long overdue.

Greene's Basin Girl 10-28-2015 09:47 AM

I am so excited that Rite Aid in Meredith will change to Walgreens. I am hoping the prices will be more reasonable. I read an article stating that the name might not change to Walgreens immediately. I do not care as long as it has better prices.

tis 10-28-2015 10:42 AM

I am very happy the Rite Aid in Wolfeboro will become a Walgreen's!

barefootbay 10-28-2015 03:44 PM

Walgreens may close the Wolfeboro Rite Aid.

tis 10-28-2015 04:04 PM

I am hoping because there are two Walgreens (people) in the area, they will want to keep it open.

Patiently Watching 10-29-2015 07:44 AM

It will be interesting to see what happens...
They have to clear Anti-Trust hurdles first, which may be problematic and could stop the whole thing.
Maybe I am the only one, but I am always treated great at the Wolfeboro Rite Aid (though I don't shop there too often) and find their prices better than at Walgreens.
Whatever the outcome, I doubt the Wolfeboro store will be closed; as I understand it, it does incredible sales $ volume.

beaner 10-29-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefootbay (Post 253376)
Walgreens may close the Wolfeboro Rite Aid.

I would think that would certainly be a possibility if there were already a Walgreens in Wolfeboro. In that case, consolidating the 2 stores would make sense. But the closest Walgreens is in Laconia.
I believe that Patiently is correct: A) It's not a done deal yet, and B) the Wolfeboro Rite Aid is highly profitable (simply due to lack of competition).
I don't think the fact that there are Walgreen family members living in the area will have any impact on decisions impacting the future of the Wolfeboro location.

tis 10-29-2015 02:12 PM

You don't, beaner? I would think I would want one of my companies in the place where I lived if it was possible.

Acrossamerica 10-29-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 253396)
You don't, beaner? I would think I would want one of my companies in the place where I lived if it was possible.

If that were the case, Wolfeboro would also have a Marriot hotel and a Staples (Romney). The "name" people who reside here do so an a seasonal basis and they have zero desire to bringing attention to their quiet vacation spot with big box shops or hotels.

tis 10-29-2015 05:53 PM

I do believe if it was financially viable there would be both a Staples and Marriott in town. Obviously a drug store is. But then again, I can't imagine the town allowing a Marriott and probably not a Staples. It would certainly be a big fight for them to get them in.

Patiently Watching 10-30-2015 11:05 AM

Walgreens is a public company with no family members on the board of directors or otherwise employed.... I am sure they are stockholders most likely, but otherwise are no longer making decisions.
If the merger happens - it will become a Walgreens, but most certainly not close.

beaner 10-30-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patiently Watching (Post 253423)
If the merger happens - it will become a Walgreens, but most certainly not close.

I agree. Regardless of whether the sign over the door says "Rite Aid", "Walgreens" or "CVS", the Wolfeboro store is a proverbial gold mine. I would be shocked if it were closed post-merger.

Sunbeam lodge 10-30-2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaner (Post 253428)
I agree. Regardless of whether the sign over the door says "Rite Aid", "Walgreens" or "CVS", the Wolfeboro store is a proverbial gold mine. I would be shocked if it were closed post-merger.

There is a beautiful Rite Aid in Meredith and also Hannafords has a pharmacy.
How far is it from Rite aid in Wolfboro to Meredith?

Newbiesaukee 10-30-2015 04:50 PM

Worlds apart...but seriously, a good ride for a neighborhood pharmacy and I don't believe they would be realistically competitive. Actually, about 45 minutes.

ApS 10-31-2015 10:13 AM

Not Going...

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaner (Post 253428)

Wolfeboro's Rite Aid store is sort of like a small Wal-Mart, but without the variety, the low prices and the charm of Wal-Mart...

:rolleye2:

BTW: "The Line" was to provide pharmaceutical transaction-privacy to Rite Aid's customers at the cash register.

beaner 11-02-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge (Post 253435)
How far is it from Rite aid in Wolfboro to Meredith?

Meredith is about twice as far as the Hannaford in Alton for us, time-wise. To get there, we drive right past Wolfeboro Rite Aid.

beaner 11-02-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 253443)
Wolfeboro's Rite Aid store is sort of like a small Wal-Mart, but without the variety, the low prices and the charm of Wal-Mart...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Exactly!