Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fish Tales (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rotary Fishing Derby is ON (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20162)

donnamatrix 01-13-2016 08:46 PM

Rotary Fishing Derby is ON

The Great Meredith Rotary Ice Fishing Derby is ON for February 13-14, 2016. We have seen a bobhouse on Alton Bay - and while the ice is sketchy on most of the Big Lake right now (1/13), we fully expect the ice to build in time for the Derby. Lake Waukewan is in good shape, Kanasatka and other lakes as well. While the Derby trailer is located in Meredith, any fish caught in public water in New Hampshire is valid to enter the Derby-as long as you have a ticket!! Tight lines everyone!!

VitaBene 01-14-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamatrix (Post 255743)
The Great Meredith Rotary Ice Fishing Derby is ON for February 13-14, 2016. We have seen a bobhouse on Alton Bay - and while the ice is sketchy on most of the Big Lake right now (1/13), we fully expect the ice to build in time for the Derby. Lake Waukewan is in good shape, Kanasatka and other lakes as well. While the Derby trailer is located in Meredith, any fish caught in public water in New Hampshire is valid to enter the Derby-as long as you have a ticket!! Tight lines everyone!!

Can you talk to the ice gods about Pond Hockey too!

trfour 01-14-2016 11:01 AM

Everyone Likes Pictures

1 Attachment(s)
I'm very hopeful for a fun filled 2016 Fishing Derby!!

Derby Headquarters, Meredith

donnamatrix 01-14-2016 12:46 PM

Wish I Could Help with Pond Hockey!

VB: I wish I could just snap my fingers... I believe Scott is thinking of moving up to Waukewan as they did a few years ago when the ice was sketchy. This really cold weather will help as long as the wind abates. Scott needs to make a decision soon, I think, because he has several vendors involved. Another option may be for them to get Town approval and flood Prescott Park... just a thought.

Outdoorsman 01-14-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfour (Post 255769)
I'm very hopeful for a fun filled 2016 Fishing Derby!!

Derby Headquarters, Meredith

WOW, I did not realize the lake was in that 'frozen' condition. I will be letting my boss know that my vacation is BACK ON!

Thanks trfour

SEE YOU SOON!

Great Northern Cleaning 01-14-2016 07:46 PM

That picture is from last year...

Meredith Bay is open water all the way to Alton Bay!!

Misha888 01-15-2016 12:17 AM

As of today . . .

Smith Cove isn't even frozen to the first set of channel markers. Ice will be at a premium this year on the big lake, I presume.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 255789)
WOW, I did not realize the lake was in that 'frozen' condition. I will be letting my boss know that my vacation is BACK ON!

Thanks trfour

SEE YOU SOON!

trfour 01-15-2016 03:44 PM

Didn't Mean To Confuse

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 255789)

Thanks trfour

SEE YOU SOON!

Outdoorsman, I got to enjoy many fishing Derby's here on The Big Lake and although I didn't fish myself, I had several friends all around the Lake that did, and the fun part for me was visiting them by snowmobile. The picture that I posted was taken a few years ago, so you need to check out the Ice condition threads here, as well... ( http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...826#post255826 )...

Side Note; The Official Ice In Thread hasn't yet been posted, that is very good, as well...

Leaderboard; PhotoGeek that I am... :)

Your welcome,
Terry

luckypete 01-15-2016 08:09 PM

Here's some pics from Alton Bay Bob House

2 Attachment(s)
Courtesy of my nephew Neil.Attachment 11396

Attachment 11397

aopel 01-24-2016 11:38 AM

Is the Derby Ever Catch and Release?

I was curious if there is ever a catch and release ice fishing derby on the lake?