Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lakehouse Grille Take-Out...great deal! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25590)

MeredithMan 04-11-2020 08:44 AM

Lakehouse Grille Take-Out...great deal!

The Mrs had read on the Meredith FB page about the "Dinner for 4" take-out at Lakehouse, so we decided to give it a shot last night.

Their take-out menu during this time is "The Best of" Camp, Lago, and Lakehouse, (several items from each menu). You can order a single plate meal, (which is cooked and ready to eat), or, you can get the same item in a "Dinner for 4", or "Dinner for 8". The family style meals are "take and bake".

We went with the Haddock Dinner for 4. It was baked haddock with crumbs and a very light cheese sauce; mashed potatoes; vegetable medley, (summer squash, zucchini, onion, asparagus); rolls & butter; cheese and crackers; and white chocolate. Heat up the meal in a 350 oven for 35-40 mins. All of this for only $29!!!! Plus, they provide a $10 coupon that can be re-deemed for a "dine-in" meal after the chaos subsides. It was excellent and a tremendous value!

The seasoning they used on the crumbs for the haddock was a bit salty for our taste, and 3 of us killed off the "meal for 4", but one of us was my son, a 20 yr old college student, so I guess he has the appetite for 2! Nonetheless, would highly recommend you add this one to your take-out list.

Hillcountry 04-11-2020 09:18 AM

Sounds like a great meal!
I saw on WMUR that someone sent in a thank you to Kathleen's Irish Pub in Bristol for doing the same...God bless these restaurants and please continue patronizing them!
I think I know where Easter dinner is coming from! ;)

JEEPONLY 04-11-2020 04:40 PM

Curious!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 331465)
The Mrs had read on the Meredith FB page about the "Dinner for 4" take-out at Lakehouse, so we decided to give it a shot last night.

The seasoning they used on the crumbs for the haddock was a bit salty for our taste, and 3 of us killed off the "meal for 4", but one of us was my son, a 20 yr old college student, so I guess he has the appetite for 2! Nonetheless, would highly recommend you add this one to your take-out list.

I enjoy reading comments about people's lake experiences. This one sounds like a pleasant one... but I don't get it.

Meal for four- "3 of us killed off the meal for 4"- but the son ate two?
And this little piggy went whee, whee, whee all the way home?

pjard 04-12-2020 07:16 AM

Thanks, going to keep an eye on the Lakehouse dinner for 4 specials. Patrick's and the Looney Bin have had some amazing dinner for 4 specials as well.

MeredithMan 04-12-2020 08:37 AM

I will try to explain...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 331514)
I enjoy reading comments about people's lake experiences. This one sounds like a pleasant one... but I don't get it.

Meal for four- "3 of us killed off the meal for 4"- but the son ate two?
And this little piggy went whee, whee, whee all the way home?

It was a family style meal, (i.e., large pan of haddock, large containers of potato and veg), that was supposed to feed 4. 3 of us ate it all. One of us was a 20 yr old college student with a big appetite. So, if you have big eaters, the "meal for 4" might not actually feed 4....