Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Piccolo’s Closing (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28381)

winni83 10-09-2022 03:16 PM

Piccolo’s Closing

Some sad news for us. Piccolo’s in Moultonborough is closing permanently. Last pizzas were sold on Friday and we got one. Delicious as usual. We will also miss the great sandwichs and desserts. Remaining in store items will be sold for a while.

Best of luck to Bill and Andrea.

thinkxingu 10-09-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winni83 (Post 377380)
Some sad news for us. Piccolo’s in Moultonborough is closing permanently. Last pizzas were sold on Friday and we got one. Delicious as usual. We will also miss the great sandwichs and desserts. Remaining in store items will be sold for a while.

Best of luck to Bill and Andrea.

Sad face! Any indication why?

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

winni83 10-09-2022 06:09 PM

There is no publicity available information. But I can say it was not for lack of business.

ishoot308 10-09-2022 06:36 PM

Sad

That is sad news! I loved Picollo’s…

Dan

ACME on the Broads 10-10-2022 06:30 AM

Choices for Exceptional Pizza & Sandwiches REDUCED!!!

A more hard-working and dedicated owner operator team you could not find; Andrea said their daily drive from up north (more than an hour each way) had taken a toll along with the lack of help.

We will miss everything about Piccolo's....always sad to see good, honest and genuinely good people close down; on the other hand, hope this move helps them personally, we wish them only the very best in their future endeavors.

No more grape leaves :(

You will be sorely missed!

Nagigator 10-10-2022 07:19 AM

what a shame

So sorry to hear they are closing. Some of the best pizza I have ever had. Really good bread too. Best of luck to the owners. It was great while it lasted.

phoenix 10-10-2022 08:25 AM

Very sad . The best pizza at a very reasonable price

FlyingScot 10-10-2022 10:58 AM

Yes to all of the above--they have a real passion for great food, and we were lucky to have them. I hope they are able to open someplace closer to their home

ishoot308 10-10-2022 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am sure going to miss their Godfather pizza shown below….

pondguy 10-10-2022 11:23 AM

Tease :liplick:

winni83 10-10-2022 12:50 PM

Definitely a tease but a welcome memory for sure. I recall that as the Goodfella, my favorite. We used Piccolo for catering on several occasions and it was always fantastic. On more than one occasion I’d stop by for a slice or sandwich and end up with dessert for lunch.

phoenix 10-11-2022 08:07 AM

Takes another option for dinner in the summer. If VK stays closed at night not a lot of options left

ericnh 10-17-2022 07:35 AM

I thought they had the best pizza in the area

Best of luck to them, always very nice and accommodating. I consider Piccolos a hidden gem!

rsmlp 10-17-2022 07:51 AM

heir apparent

is Gusto right down the street in Center harbor. They have a market right in the back. Not an exact replica of business but def tasty.

https://www.gustocafenh.com/menu

as of right now, no pizza but perhaps that will change?

mishman 10-18-2022 11:36 AM

Will miss Piccolo's

I was so sorry to hear that Piccolo's is closing. They were our go to place for pies and catering and it was a true pleasure to deal with Bill and Andrea. There were many days that I stopped for a slice after a long bike ride. Will truly miss them but I understand how hard it is to stay in business. I hope they can open up a new place nearer to their home. I will support them even from a distance.

Taz 11-07-2022 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACME on the Broads (Post 377394)
A more hard-working and dedicated owner operator team you could not find; Andrea said their daily drive from up north (more than an hour each way) had taken a toll along with the lack of help.

We will miss everything about Piccolo's....always sad to see good, honest and genuinely good people close down; on the other hand, hope this move helps them personally, we wish them only the very best in their future endeavors.

No more grape leaves :(

You will be sorely missed!

I wonder if they will open a new restaurant in North Conway. They used to own one there prior to Picollo's. I figured they had moved when Picollo's opened.