Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cabinet Construction (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15654)

bclaker 04-17-2013 07:04 PM

Cabinet Construction

1 Attachment(s)
Is anyone familiar with this contractor

Happy Gourmand 04-18-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclaker (Post 202466)

New "DRAWS" Who needs new draws?

secondcurve 04-18-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand (Post 202477)
New "DRAWS" Who needs new draws?

Someone with old draws?

Belmont Resident 04-19-2013 05:22 AM

Shop around

I have heard some real horror stories about cabinet resurface jobs.
I've been told that many times with the correct contractor the cost to replace is not much more then what you are looking at.
A friend was looking at high end cabinets from a couple of places, the cost to have custom made cabinets was within a few hundred of the store bought brands.
You may try asking around local businesses like Middleton or maybe the hardware store about this business.
Back when even Sears offered this it was common but I have not heard of anyone resurfacing cabinets in years, good luck in your search.

bclaker 05-24-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclaker (Post 202466)

We had Dumont build a new cabinet, put four rolling pull outs in an existing cabinet and put in new counter tops, sink and faucets. He came and showed us samples, took measurements and then came up with a quote, which he stuck to. He built the components in his shop. It took him three days to do the installation, He either showed up on time or called us when he was going to be a little late. He just finished and did a super job. I would recommend him to anyone.

Winnisquamguy 05-25-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclaker (Post 204486)
We had Dumont build a new cabinet, put four rolling pull outs in an existing cabinet and put in new counter tops, sink and faucets. He came and showed us samples, took measurements and then came up with a quote, which he stuck to. He built the components in his shop. It took him three days to do the installation, He either showed up on time or called us when he was going to be a little late. He just finished and did a super job. I would recommend him to anyone.

What was the cost vs new cabinets?

bclaker 05-25-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy (Post 204520)
What was the cost vs new cabinets?

The new cabinet was only a small part of the cost. We felt that for the work that he did and the materials he used we paid a very reasonable price.

GTO 05-28-2013 07:13 AM

look into new

You'd be surprised at the cost of new cabinets. I know someone that had the resurface done and it was at a ridiculous price and I thought looked like crap. We just had new cabinets installed in our kitchen by Tri State out of Nashua and they did a great job and the cost was very reasonable. They come up to Meredith.

Belmont Resident 05-29-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclaker (Post 204486)

I guess this means I will be hearing from your wife soon. :D
Did she pick out the color yet?