Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Canoe (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15447)

hampfarms 02-19-2013 06:02 PM

Canoe

Got a call today that Canoe has changed its name to Checkers. Does anyone know why?

tis 02-19-2013 06:17 PM

It used to be Checkers before!!

Pineedles 02-19-2013 06:42 PM

Recent Reviews for Chequers Harbour April 13, 2005 Robert H. center harbor , New Hampshire
1 review
closed and reopened as "canoe" Excellent! Go before the summer rush for Award winning food with somewhat eclectic menu. Also all price ranges.
Thank you for your feedback!
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes 0 No 0 .
November 8, 2000 Ann G. Belmont , New Hampshire
7 reviews
This restaurant is a little noisy. Our kids had pizza, we had excellent prime rib! Their menu is awsum, no matter what you are looking for. There were some kids running around and it was noisy, it is more a family place to eat that's for ... more This restaurant is a little noisy. Our kids had pizza, we had excellent prime rib! Their menu is awsum, no matter what you are looking for. There were some kids running around and it was noisy, it is more a family place to eat that's for sure. We all enjoyed it. less
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes 0 No 0 .
May 6, 2000 Earl H. 20 reviews
Good Food, The freshest salad around Check out the pizza buffet special nite good deal price wise You can walk from the Center Harbor docks on Winnipesaukee.

A little bit of history from the web on Chequers. Looks like they are embracing the "Kid friendly" atmosphere again. :laugh:

phoenix 02-19-2013 07:06 PM

interesting as there is a checkers also in tamworth- did Scott sell

8gv 02-19-2013 07:34 PM

I was there Monday with wifey and 8gv jr. I was looking for Canoe signs and almost missed the place. Wifey had the save with the last minute vector. The food was great as usual but service was pretty slow.

Do you suppose they'll get rid of all the canoes inside in favor of checker boards?

Rusty 02-19-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hampfarms (Post 199476)
Got a call today that Canoe has changed its name to Checkers. Does anyone know why?

Me thinks you are joshing us.

I know their sign was down but that was because it got blown down during the high winds that we had.

8gv 02-20-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 199488)
Me thinks you are joshing us.

I know their sign was down but that was because it got blown down during the high winds that we had.

That's a good explanation because they had Canoe all over everything else inside. Thank goodness!

VitaBene 02-20-2013 04:21 PM

CaChequers?

1 Attachment(s)
I was driving home from the gym the other morning and caught that as well. I had to turn around and get a pic.

Mother Nature was playing a joke on Scott O!

MaidenCove07 02-27-2013 06:14 PM

Oh No...

I'm hoping this is a joke cuz Canoe is our favorite restaurant on the lake and there are enough "Kid Friendly" places.
Say it ain't so Scott O!!!!!

NHKathy 02-28-2013 09:22 PM

OK, so, I'm confused - did Canoe change their name or no??
:confused:

brk-lnt 02-28-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHKathy (Post 199947)
OK, so, I'm confused - did Canoe change their name or no??
:confused:

They absolutely changed their name. It's just unclear if the name was changed FROM or TO Canoe...

Red apple 02-28-2013 10:57 PM

It was changed to Canoe. The name in the picture was the last restaurant.

VitaBene 03-01-2013 06:41 AM

Canoe is still Canoe. The pic I posted was the result of the wind removing the Canoe sign that had been screwed or applied over the top of the old restaurant's sign.