Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Moultonborough Cell Service 8/2 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27297)

thinkxingu 08-03-2021 04:40 AM

Moultonborough Cell Service 8/2

Anyone else not have cell service last night from ~4 PM to sometime overnight? Both my AT&T and my brothers' Verizon/Xfinity services were disconnected. First time I've ever seen a ∅ on my phone in the two years I've had AT&T!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

phoenix 08-03-2021 05:52 AM

Happened to me also and no text messages would go thru

thinkxingu 08-03-2021 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix (Post 359919)
Happened to me also and no text messages would go thru

Weird, right? Though it seems like service is better today, so I wonder if it was a tower upgrade or something.

C-Bass 08-03-2021 09:07 AM

I know Verizon is upgrading towers in the area. I have had terrible service, I complained to the Verizon store in Center Harbor last week. They said because of the high volume of cell traffic, the towers cannot handle it, and there has been a work request to upgrade the towers. Interesting enough I noticed yesterday afternoon and this morning to have a much better signal and service. So I would say there have been upgrades taking place.

ITD 08-03-2021 09:28 AM

Last night we had no ability to make calls, Verizon kept saying "no problem here", so I asked them to call me. Still haven't heard from them, but service seems to be back up this morning.

thinkxingu 08-03-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass (Post 359939)
I know Verizon is upgrading towers in the area. I have had terrible service, I complained to the Verizon store in Center Harbor last week. They said because of the high volume of cell traffic, the towers cannot handle it, and there has been a work request to upgrade the towers. Interesting enough I noticed yesterday afternoon and this morning to have a much better signal and service. So I would say there have been upgrades taking place.

My (AT&T) service seems to be better today, too, so maybe they were adding capacity.

TheTimeTraveler 08-03-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass (Post 359939)

Maybe fewer folks around on a Monday or Tuesday versus a weekend day..... Fewer users equal better service.