Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lemon Grass in Moultonborough (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27283)

bruinsfan 07-30-2021 11:26 AM

Lemon Grass in Moultonborough

Great food. No question the food is outstanding.

As I was driving home, I called up to place a to-go order and the lady who answered told me to hold on…..she must have thought that she placed the call on hold.

Next thing I hear is her scream that these (beeping) customers need to place the orders on-line and not call in.

She then comes back on and takes my order without issue.

I picked up the food and the lady was very salty and not inviting at all. This was the same person from the phone.

The food was great but the front of the house person representing the Lemon Grass brand is a complete turn off. She’ll piss off the wrong person one day and tank this successful business.

phoenix 08-09-2021 07:45 AM

Wanted to give a positive review to Lemon Grass. Four of us went last night. It was very busy and clearly they were short of staff but they managed successfully to serve us timely and food was outstanding. We all had the fish of the night which to my surprise was a choice of halibut, haddock, salmon or grouper. Two had the haddock, one salmon and I had grouper. All of us were impressed with dinner. There were a lot of take outs orders while we waited but were seated on time for our reservation at six.

FlyingScot 08-09-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix (Post 360230)
Wanted to give a positive review to Lemon Grass. Four of us went last night. It was very busy and clearly they were short of staff but they managed successfully to serve us timely and food was outstanding. We all had the fish of the night which to my surprise was a choice of halibut, haddock, salmon or grouper. Two had the haddock, one salmon and I had grouper. All of us were impressed with dinner. There were a lot of take outs orders while we waited but were seated on time for our reservation at six.

Love Lemon Grass! Do they have outdoor seating, or only inside?

LikeLakes 08-09-2021 01:30 PM

Just saying ... we all work for a living, and sometimes work is stressful. The pressure of having a ton of orders to fill with limited staff is hard, and people sometimes show the stress. I'm ok with the occasional grumpy restaurant worker these days.

And, I'll take outstanding food with grumpy service over smiling service and so-so food every time!

Loub52 08-09-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 360231)
Love Lemon Grass! Do they have outdoor seating, or only inside?

Only inside. Tables are well spaced in the dining room, but the bar area can get cramped.

FlyingScot 08-09-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loub52 (Post 360256)
Only inside. Tables are well spaced in the dining room, but the bar area can get cramped.

Ah, bummer. It still gets my highest review, but my wife is not comfortable indoors yet. It's too bad--they could probably do very well with some tables behind a screen in the parking lot

Billy Bob 08-12-2021 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 360259)
Ah, bummer. It still gets my highest review, but my wife is not comfortable indoors yet. It's too bad--they could probably do very well with some tables behind a screen in the parking lot

Your highest review, but you haven’t been there since ? If you don’t know about outdoor dining then 2019 season ?

FlyingScot 08-13-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob (Post 360379)
Your highest review, but you haven’t been there since ? If you don’t know about outdoor dining then 2019 season ?

Yes--my highest review--I've been there dozens of times (and the owners have not changed recently). Creative Asian fusion menu, great execution from the kitchen, an atmosphere that's comfortable for all. It's one of the few places that transcends the poofy/not poofy distinction that Think has coined.
You should try it--it's excellent

lakeadoodle 08-13-2021 04:00 PM

Online orders for take-out

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan (Post 359652)
Great food. No question the food is outstanding.

As I was driving home, I called up to place a to-go order and the lady who answered told me to hold on…..she must have thought that she placed the call on hold.

Next thing I hear is her scream that these (beeping) customers need to place the orders on-line and not call in.

She then comes back on and takes my order without issue.

I picked up the food and the lady was very salty and not inviting at all. This was the same person from the phone.

The food was great but the front of the house person representing the Lemon Grass brand is a complete turn off. She’ll piss off the wrong person one day and tank this successful business.

I'll gladly place a take-out order online if it is convenient. I wish Common Man would allow take-out orders using a gift card, etc. to be placed online, but they are not set up to do so yet.

Newbiesaukee 08-14-2021 09:11 AM

LG’s online take out ordering is particularly good, it allows for some flexibility.

phoenix 09-12-2022 05:38 AM

Six of us went last night for dinner. We had a variety of meals and everyone went away raving .

SAB1 09-12-2022 07:35 PM

Agree. Very good food there…

Grant 09-27-2022 10:32 AM

Can I Give it Six Stars?

Four of us went for lunch on 9/17, right before they were to close for renovations, and it was fantastic. The seafood hot pot was perfectly seasoned, with an ample variety of clams, shrimp, and scallops. I had the wasabi pork dumplings as an app, and they were awesome. Another in our party had a bento box that left him smiling, and he and his wife shared a tuna sashimi that they said was top shelf. Service was great. Definitely heading back!