Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Boro Baking Company is OPEN (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27818)

thinkxingu 03-25-2022 12:36 PM

The Boro Baking Company is OPEN

The Boro Baking Company is now open in the old Subway in Moultonborough. This is much closer (insert scary music) to us than The Cup and Crumb, so we're interested in reviews.

Also, does anyone know why Jenn sold C&C only to move down the road?

https://g.co/kgs/wyw3dT

Go!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

winni83 03-25-2022 04:38 PM

I do not believe that Jen owned Cup and Crumb, although I am sure she was a valued employee.

Nautique2001 03-25-2022 04:40 PM

The Boro Baking Company is OPEN

Who got custody of the scone recipe is my question!

There's a very nice "wishing you well" post on the Cup & Crumb Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/cupandcrumb...9854378696207/

The commentor who suggested "Cup and Crumb for breakfast and The Boro for lunch" may have the right idea.

thinkxingu 03-25-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winni83 (Post 368686)
I do not believe that Jen owned Cup and Crumb, although I am sure she was a valued employee.

It appears you're right葉he Facebook post above clarifies some of this.

I wonder how much of C&C was "Jenn"悠 know many people in my association who have already said they'll be following her.

Good luck to both, especially if they both continue to offer good stuff at good prices!

Andromeda321 04-02-2022 08:31 AM

Stopped by last weekend for lunch in case anyone is interested in a quick review. We both got sandwiches as it was close to 1pm, baking cabinet was looking a little bare by that hour but still saw some scones, muffins, etc. Sandwiches were both more than Subway ones were (I mean, no shocker), ours were $8-9, and were excellent quality (choice of sourdough or whole grain for bread). Inside has been completely redone too, for more a rustic cabin type feel that encourages you to linger. Good and not just the usual drinks selection in the fridge.

We will definitely be regulars as we were for the Subway when it was there due to convenience, and I知 excited for this venture and wish them well! Given the long wait at Gusto and C&C in season I think the area can absorb another place like this, and I知 pretty excited to stop there in the morning on my way to go hiking when mud season ends.

thinkxingu 04-02-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andromeda321 (Post 368999)
Stopped by last weekend for lunch in case anyone is interested in a quick review. We both got sandwiches as it was close to 1pm, baking cabinet was looking a little bare by that hour but still saw some scones, muffins, etc. Sandwiches were both more than Subway ones were (I mean, no shocker), ours were $8-9, and were excellent quality (choice of sourdough or whole grain for bread). Inside has been completely redone too, for more a rustic cabin type feel that encourages you to linger. Good and not just the usual drinks selection in the fridge.

We will definitely be regulars as we were for the Subway when it was there due to convenience, and I知 excited for this venture and wish them well! Given the long wait at Gusto and C&C in season I think the area can absorb another place like this, and I知 pretty excited to stop there in the morning on my way to go hiking when mud season ends.

Welcome back, friend, and thanks for the review! Hope you're well.

TheProfessor 04-12-2022 07:09 PM

Well. When I think of bakery. I think of donuts.

A bakery that does not sell donuts ?

I guess I will keep driving up to
Leavitt's Country Bakery - Conway.
for a few real donuts. And some extra special tasting pastery.

sky's 04-13-2022 07:46 AM

and then make a u-turn and go back to MA.

FlyingScot 04-13-2022 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProfessor (Post 369350)
Well. When I think of bakery. I think of donuts.

A bakery that does not sell donuts ?

I guess I will keep driving up to
Leavitt's Country Bakery - Conway.
for a few real donuts. And some extra special tasting pastery.

Thanks for the rec on donuts, I will try them.

But let's not focus on what a place is not. How about a bit of respect and well wishes for a terrific baker and budding entrepreneur who's taking a big personal and economic risk to bring us her own take on deliciousness?

I'm looking forward to trying whatever looks good when I'm up (in just a few more weeks!)

Billy Bob 04-13-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky's (Post 369360)
and then make a u-turn and go back to MA.

I am not from Massachusetts but you do realize that without the Massachusetts customers this area would be about as prosperous as West Virginia.
The Massachusetts comments are out of place

Mr. V 04-13-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob (Post 369390)
I am not from Massachusetts but you do realize that without the Massachusetts customers this area would be about as prosperous as West Virginia.

I take your point, but you need to understand that many if not most regulars here are retired and could care less about the influx of tourist dollars from Massachusetts; they care about quality of life, the environment, and keeping the lake relatively bucolic.

rsmlp 04-14-2022 06:12 AM

doubt that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob (Post 369390)
The Massachusetts comments are out of place

I seriously doubt that without the influence of MA customers that the lakes Region would be suffering. Oh, and in one sentence you managed to insult two regions of the country. Nice.

winnipiseogee 04-14-2022 06:45 AM

I stopped into the Boro Baking Co and it was as great as you would expect!! I highly recommend it. Moultonborough is blessed to have two awesome coffee shops/bakeries. The one thing I'd suggest is that maybe they co-ordinate their days off so that they aren't closed on the same days. Us addicts need our fix 7 days a week. :D

Nautique2001 04-14-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnipiseogee (Post 369411)
The one thing I'd suggest is that maybe they co-ordinate their days off so that they aren't closed on the same days. Us addicts need our fix 7 days a week. :D

They already have!

The Boro is closed Wednesday, while Cup and Crumb is closed Sunday and Monday.

Even better, The Boro is open Tuesdays--a day so many other area restaurants are closed and lunch choices are scarce.

8gv 04-14-2022 10:31 AM

Can稚 we all just get along?

I look forward to visiting the Boro soon!

BrownstoneNorth 04-24-2022 10:24 PM

Cup & Crumb scones in Wolfeboro

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautique2001 (Post 368687)
Who got custody of the scone recipe is my question!

There's a very nice "wishing you well" post on the Cup & Crumb Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/cupandcrumb...9854378696207/

The commentor who suggested "Cup and Crumb for breakfast and The Boro for lunch" may have the right idea.

Discovered last summer that The Country Bookseller in Wolfeboro, one of our favorite places, gets scones from C & C and freezes. Easier for us than going to Moultonboro, though we've done that, too.

TheProfessor 05-22-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 369361)
Thanks for the rec on donuts, I will try them.

None yet.

Take a visit to Leavitt's Country Bakery in Conway. Here they make pastry AND real donuts.
The "plain" or "old fashioned" donut is the best in New Hampshire. Go buy one or get their recipe. The plain comes in two varieties. Plain and glazed.

Seriously. How much extra time is it for a bakery to make a few donuts.

I am still traveling to Leavitts for my bakery needs. And I buy more than a donut or two.