Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Trails for 3/7 wknd (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18846)

SAB1 03-05-2015 06:59 AM

Trails for 3/7 wknd

Anyone know how the trails will be for this weekend after yesterday's warm up? MSC last update I see is 2/19. Trying to figure where to go and how far north. Thanks.

sluggo 03-05-2015 09:50 AM

Sab The trails lost some of there snow yesterday but the riding still is good the exists are getting really thin and muddy. I've been riding the moultonboro trails through the notch and upper Plymouth trails. Lake winni is horrible as you know but the squam lakes are good. I say this is the last good weekend around here so enjoy..... See you out there !

VitaBene 03-05-2015 12:06 PM

We are still grooming! They should be decent this weekend.

nhboat61 03-06-2015 02:49 PM

I rode a little of corridor 19 as well as Pine River Pond North and South to the Seven Lakes Club house. They were in good shape. I plan on going on the PRP North -Corridor 19 towards Province lake after work today.

My sosn are coming up for the weekend to do a little sledding... we might do the poker run at Miss Wakefield Diner tomorrow as well.

SAB1 03-06-2015 03:26 PM

Good to hear. Thanks. Will be on the machine early :D

GTO 03-09-2015 07:48 AM

Great job

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAB1 (Post 241065)
Anyone know how the trails will be for this weekend after yesterday's warm up? MSC last update I see is 2/19. Trying to figure where to go and how far north. Thanks.

The trails were real good this weekend. We started in Ctr Harbor yesterday and rode the trails over to Squam, crossed over to little squam and then took the mug trail back to Meredith. Nice ride

VitaBene 03-09-2015 08:53 AM

Great year

I have to say that we will take it day to day this week, but we may not make it to next weekend given the forecast!

We will try, but will bend toward protecting landowner's property!

dam1960 03-09-2015 09:05 AM

Thanks again for a great season...

SAB1 03-09-2015 09:21 AM

Agree. Thanks for all the work grooming! Trails were getting a bit sketchy in spots so that wraps it up around lake.

2DAMTS 03-09-2015 08:56 PM

Thank You!

Just want to say, it was a short season. I have to tell you the 3 or 4 weeks of riding were the best conditions I can ever remember on the trails, especially from the MSC! In reality all the clubs did a great job! The lake riding wasn't that great this year, too much light fluffy stuff causing big drifts!

I just got back into the sport after several years on hiatus, but I really enjoyed all the updates from the MSC! You people are are on top of your game! Even though it was a short riding season, you people made it very enjoyable!

Thank you!

2DAMTS

VitaBene 03-10-2015 04:11 AM

Thank you and you are welcome from all of the volunteers of MSC!!

I am away for a week, but we will see what the weather brings Sat...

Lakegeezer 03-10-2015 07:53 AM

Trail report (Monday 3/10)

1 Attachment(s)
The trails on Rt 15 from the lake (Ambrose) to the Castle are pretty thin, mixed with dirt and bare in spots. After the Castle Parking lot, and a bit of altitude into the Ossipees, conditions are still mid-winter. The view of Mt. Washington from Shaw was awesome and I had the trails to myself. The warmth this week won't help the lowlands but I think the castle trails will be fine for several more weeks. There are huge piles of snow in the corners for the groomers to work with. With more than a week left in official winter, the streams up in the mountains are just starting to trickle.

SAB1 03-10-2015 11:14 AM

That's a great shot LG. Thanks. Lot of snow there.

WINNOCTURN 03-10-2015 11:44 AM

Who said it's over?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2DAMTS (Post 241365)
Just want to say, it was a short season. I have to tell you the 3 or 4 weeks of riding were the best conditions I can ever remember on the trails, especially from the MSC! In reality all the clubs did a great job! The lake riding wasn't that great this year, too much light fluffy stuff causing big drifts!

I just got back into the sport after several years on hiatus, but I really enjoyed all the updates from the MSC! You people are are on top of your game! Even though it was a short riding season, you people made it very enjoyable!

Thank you!

2DAMTS

Some people are still looking to ride out the Season albeit a little late. Believe it or not I picked up a total of 28 applications last week between DaSilva's, EM Heath and Skelly's.

We have had a good year with Memberships despite the short season. We have 52 NEW members and 41 members that have not join for several years or so come back to the Club. I had one member who had not been a member since the 07-08 Season?

UPDATE, Cheryl called to tell me she just picked up 2 more applications today at Skelly's that were processed last Sunday 3/7/15. It's not over till it's over!

VitaBene 03-11-2015 07:51 AM

I hope everyone rides this season out!!

Great pic LG